Chapter Three

I Know It's Cliché...


A week had passed since Jongdae had joined his new school. He had settled in better than he had expected and had already began to make a small circle of friends, the majority of them being in SM to increase his chances of getting in; just like Baekhyun had suggested. He and Baekhyun had spent almost every single second they had together and Baekhyun, Jongdae and the owl-eyed kid that Jongdae had been observing on his second day of school, Kyungsoo had made up a small trio. Apart from his friends in EXO, Jongdae had managed to keep a healthy friendship with Hyoyeon and soon Seohyun who he often helped in perfecting her Mandarin - or at least, as well as he could. 

It was another boring day of Math work and the teacher had been feeling generous and allowed the class to sit where they wanted. Jongdae's eyes sparkled slightly as this and he got up and went to sit by Hyoyeon for comfort. She smiled and shook her head, "Sorry Jongdae...Sica said she planned to sit by me today..."

Jongdae nodded, "Oh...I'll go sit by Baekkie then."

He turned and began to walk towards the eyeliner prince. Apparently, Baekhyun had been thinking the same thing and as Jongdae closed in on the seat that Baekhyun was nodding and smiling at with bright eyes and a cute smile, a taller male sat down quickly and smirked up at Jongdae, "Sorry. I'm here."

The smile on Jongdae's face had deteriorated quickly and a small pout-frown hybrid now found a place on his lips. He huffed slightly in his mind and cursed the taller boy for not only making him feel unwanted slightly but for starting his mind into over-drive. Before he left his last school, he had lost all popularity he had after one person told him they didn't want to sit by him.

Baekhyun gave the boy a glare, "What was that for Yeollie?"

Yeollie, or Chanyeol as Jongdae knew him shrugged, "Is it wrong for me to want to sit by my boyfriend?"

Baekhyun sighed, pouted, rolled his eyes and looked the other way, "No, but when its obvious that I wanted Jongdae to sit by me..."

Jongdae didn't really hear the rest of the conversation as he was busy trying to find himself a person to sit by, he did, however hear Chanyeol hissing something at Baekhyun. With options limited, Jongdae scanned the room until a waving girl at the back caught his attention. She screamed his name a few times and he went and sat beside her.

"Hey," the girl said, smiling sweetly.

Jongdae tried to return the smile, failing slightly due to his awkwardness, "Er, hey?"

"I'm Victoria, the leader of f(x)" the Chinese girl said, the smile still plastered on her face.

Jongdae felt the tension ease a bit and he returned a more genuine smile, "Hey, I'm Jongdae."

The girl giggled softly, "Oh, I know who you are. All the leaders of SM know who you are. And we all want you."

Jongdae blinked a few times before registering who she was, "Wait what? You're a leader of SM? How come none of the others in SM ever mentioned you in it?"

A small giggled was heard again, "Oh they never bother asking me or mentioning me, since I always say yes for new kids being in SM. You see, I'm used to being new in schools and such, so I like to give the new students a chance. Plus, there's 5 main leaders in SM, excluding a few groups, and you already have the support from SNSD, f(x) of course and both of the EXO leaders. So that's 4 out of 5, so even if Onew decided to go against us, we rule him out. In other words, expect to be told to sing to us, but you'll be fine. Baekhyun said you were amazing. Breath taking, if I recall his exact words."

Jongdae blushed a small rose hue as he heard what the older had said, "O-Oh, he did?"

There was one thing Victoria prided herself more than her dancing, and that was her matchmaking skills and the skill to see when people had a crush, "Oh. My. God."

Jongdae looked at her with a confused look, "What?"

"I don't believe it."

"Believe what."

"You like Byun Baekhyun, don't you?"

Those words caued Jongdae to freeze and think carefully about his next words. It was true - he had found himself slowly falling for the eyeliner prince but refused to believe it due to the short amount of time they had known each other for. Then again, the whole school knew from personal experience and experiences of friends that if you spend pretty much every second of a week speaking to someone, you get close and time means nothing. In a week, Jongdae and Baekhyun had learnt pretty much everything about each other, even down to the small noises that just rub them the wrong way. Jongdae could either lie to Victoria and have her embarrass him, or he could just say it and have it out of his system. Maybe that way he'd stop thinking about the singer 24/7.

"Fine. Maybe I do, a little, a bit....a lot."

Victoria squealed in happiness, "That is too cute and I hope you two get together. No wait, I don't because BaekYeol...but BaekDae....BaekYeol.....BaekDae....do you know how conflicted I am right now?"

Jongdae laughed slightly under his breath, "Its ChenBaek or BaekChen, actually."

Apparently, Victoria had heard this and squealed again, "No stop it you're killing me! I will say this Kim Jongdae; there is a small chance you could get with Baekhyun."

Jongdae's ears pricked and he took his eyes off the chalkboard and looked at the Chinese dancer, "How small and why?"

Victoria glanced over to the BaekYeol couple who weren't interacting with Baekhyun pouting and looking out of the window, and Chanyeol looking anywhere than his boyfriend who he had made a big deal about before, "You see that? Ever since you got here, Baekhyun is spending a lot less time with Chanyeol, and honestly, Chanyeol's used it as an excuse to get with Jongin, the guy he's always wanted. Effectively, he used your buddying friendship with Baekhyun as a freeway to cheat on the poor boy. And to make matters worse, if its Chanyeol, he'll warp it and accuse Baekhyun of cheating."

Small shocks of fear and guilt ran through Jongdae's body, "S-So I would be the cause of Baekhyun's heart ache if it happened?"

Slowly, Victoria nodded, the playful look in her eyes had vanished, and in its place was a more sympathetic, serious look, "Basically, yes. You would cause the break up of BaekYeol, the most popular couple that exsists in this school."

~

School had been over for a few hours and Baekhyun was lying in the floor of Chanyeol's room doodling some make-up ideas on a sheet of paper. He flicked his legs back and forth in a happy motion and there would be small 'Ooohs' and 'I just have to try this out!' coming from his mouth when he found an idea he really liked. Flowers and make-up ideas turned into forests and outfit designs. And from forests and outfit designs came roses and couple name ideas. Baekhyun found himself pairing his friends together. Luhan and Sehun made HunHan, Hyoyeon and Jessica made HyoSic and him and Jongdae made BaekChen! He giggled as he drew a heart around 'BaekChen' and found himself thinking about what it would be like to slip his hand into Jongdae's. Although he'd never admit it, Baekhyun had quite a healthy crush on his new friend and seeing as his relationship with Chanyeol was coming to a stop, he allowed himself to be a little flirty. After all, people didn't call him the Seduction Master for nothing. School myth has it that Baekhyun could seduce someone just by eye contact. Unknown to him, Chanyeol's eyes had long left his laptop - which had previously held his small attention span - and were now fixed on 'BaekChen'. He raised an eyebrow and coughed to make himself heard, "Who's this Chen kid?"

Baekhyun turned around and gave Chanyeol a lopsided grin, "Jongdae~! His mom calls him Chen, and he let me call him that! Of course, I call him ChenChen or even Chenny because its a cute name."

"Oh. I see you're close with him."

Baekhyun nodded, "We're best friends~! Me, him and Kyungsoo make up a trio now."

Chanyeol's façade of being nice was becoming thin, so he decided to begin the harsh (to say the least) breakup process he had been thinking of for the past week. Of course, if Jongin knew, he'd be single so it was wise of him not to mention it to his true boyfriend. Chanyeol jumped off his bed and grabbed Baekhyun by the shoulders and pinned him against the wall. A small squeak came from Baekhyun's mouth as he thought Chanyeol was going to get ual. Instead, the taller glared down at him, "Are you cheating on me with that...that...reject?"

Baekhyun, thinking it was a joke of some sorts, laughed with nervousness and amusment mixed in one big, disfunctional twist, "No Yeollie."

Chanyeol pushed Baekhyun's shoulders into the wall harder, causing the older to whimper in pain, "Tell me the truth. You're cheating on me with him, aren't you?"

Baekhyun slowly shook his head, surprised by Chanyeol's outburst. His voice seemed small compared to how it was a second ago, "N-No...I'm not."

"Don't you dare lie to me."

Chanyeol threw Baekhyun onto the floor, causing the shorter to land on his left side with a thump. He cried out in pain and a few tears of pain and fear spilled. Chanyeol put a foot on the Baekhyun's side, "Tell me the truth you little Tell me you're cheating on me with him. Do it."

Baekhyun trembled as he pushed Chanyeol's foot of, or attempted to, and sat up slightly, "I-I'm not Y-Yeollie....y-you have to b-believe me...I'm your b-boyfriend for cr-crying out l-loud!"

Chanyeol smirked down at the smaller boy by height and actions, "Ex-boyfriend."

Baekhyun gasped and blinked back a few more tears, "W-What?"

"Since you can't be honest with me and I know you cheated on me. Now get out, I don't want my room to be contaminated with the presence of you any more. Beat it."

Scrambling to his feet quickly, Baekhyun ran out of Chanyeol's room, house, road to his own. Tears flowed freely down his face and he didn't stop until he got to his room where he proceeded to rip down every last picture of him and Chanyeol. Rip up every last picture and burn every last piece of writing or drawing he did of them. Park Chanyeol was out of his life for good. And who's fault was it? Kim Jongdae's.

~

Jongdae ran to Baekhyun's house as soon as his mother had stopped droning on about how much she resented his father for what he did, for making her try and make new friends when she missed her old ones. That was basically the whole conversation - her ranting and Jongdae grunting or nodded when she seemed to want to know if he was still listening. 

Once he got to Baekhyun's door, he pounded as loud as he could. A very small, croaky and strained with fake happiness, 'Coming!' was heard and Jongdae smiled slightly. As Baekhyun opened the door Jongdae's smile really lit up as he saw his best friend and he proceeded to talk, "Baekkie! Victoria said Chanyeol was gonna break up with you because of me an-"

Baekhyun stared Jongdae down with a death glare, "That's right. He did break up with me. All because of you. And you know what? I wish you never came to our school, because then I'd be happily in love with the tall awkward piece of . Now go away. You're even smiling about it. So don't act like you care."

Jongdae's smile faltered for the second time that day and he looked down, "Excuse me? I never meant for it to happen..."

"Well it did and go. I don't want to speak to you any more."

The door slammed on Jongdae and he stood there for a while, wondering what he did wrong.


So yo. 

This was a hard chapter to write because not only is BaekYeol my otp, but also BaekChen is just

ugh

the things I do for minimum comments

till the next chapter~!