Chapter Twenty Two

I Know It's Cliché...


Still high from his and Baekhyun's date, Jongdae couldn't help but smile every day, earning questioning glances from Kris and Chanyeol. Throughout the day Jongdae and Baekhyun flashed small smiles and loving glances at each other, This in turn gave the pair looks and stares from Victoria, Taeyeon and Hyoyeon, who all gave looks that could only be described as feel infused. 

The day went by quickly for the teen, the feelings for Baekhyun that he had hidden away in order to 'love' Kris were resurfacing, This obviously occupied his attention more and as such he got scolded many times throughout the day in which he promised to do extra homework in order to make up for it. As the final bell rang Jongdae collected his bag from the SM common room, carefully placing a small stuffed toy Baekhyun had given him towards the bottom. Turning to head out the door, Jongdae was greeted with the view of Chanyeol blocking the doorway. The two hadn't exchanged many words and as such only awkward glares were shared. 

A healthy silence remained between the two until Chanyeol coughed, "I heard Baekhyun took you out for the day."

Jongdae nodded slightly, slinning his bad over his left shoulder, "Yeah, he did. It was good - before you ask."

Chanyeol ran a hand through his hair as he nodded, "Thought so."

A lingering silence returned as the two just looked at the ground or the ceiling. This time it was Jongdae who broke the silence by coughing, "I, er. Have to go get ready for something tonight. It was nice seeing you? I guess."

The two moved around each other and Jongdae hurried home.

~

Jongdae stared at himself in the mirror. Just a handful of months ago he was scared about joining a new school, scared about being judged. Now he found himself loved by most of the school yet in a love triangle of some sorts. His hair was parted to the side and he wore some light skinny jeans with a casual shirt. He knew his date with Kris would be a contrast - Kris was more traditional than Baekhyun and had invited the younger to a fancy restaurant and told him to wear something appropriate. The thing was, Jongdae didn't have that many smart clothes that could go together in a sutiable combination. The outfit he had on was the only one that didn't clash too much or look distasteful. During his admiration a knock at the door told him that Kris was there. He sighed and gave himself a small smile and bounded down the stairs to greet Kris. As he opened the door he put on a small smirk, "Hey Kris."

Kris returned the smirk in the form of an excited grin, "Jongdae-ah, ready to go?"

Jongdae nodded and allowed Kris to lead him to the car. The journey was long and silenced with no words exchanged. Kris wanted his entire attention on the road and Jongdae was too busy trying to get his mind off Baekhyun. By the time they arrived at the restaurant named 'La Vie' the two had managed to push some of the awkwardness away.

~

An awkward silence planted itself between the two males, only the clinks of utensils against the plates breaking it. Kris' eyes had found themselves on Jongdae's face, taking in every little movement it made. It had been a risky move, taking Jongdae to somewhere fancy as he knew Jongdae and fancy food was a long shot, with the younger rarely finding anything he liked. The movements Jongdae's face made involved the crinking of his nose when he smelled a smell he didn't like and the small smile that tugged at the edges of his lips when he ate a food he enjoyed.

Jongdae's eyes, however, were gazing on the plate before him, mannering himself perfectly. Once a lifetime ago, Taewon had taken him out to restaurants and had taught him how to behave in a proper wa. It'd seem that Jongdae had forgotten everything and blankly stared down, wondering if he had used the wrong knife and fork and those who knew were mocking him silently. In doubt he changed from the larger tools to their smaller counterparts. 

The two continued to eat in silence until a waiter came and took the food deprieved plates and Kris coughed, "Jongdae."

Jongdae, who had been reading the menu as a distraction, glanced up, "Yeah?"

"Are you having fun?" Kris asked, his eyes seeming to look worried and full of doubt, needing reassurance.

Jongdae forced a weak smile, "Yeah, I am."

Oblivious to the fakeness, Kris smiled, "Really? Great~!"

Kris' genuine smile caused a real smile to break through Jongdae's fake one - he had a hard decision to make.


I'M SO SORRY FOR THE CRAPNESS THAT I CALL THIS CHAPTER

I had this planned and I left it and I forgot everything so this is all I remembered >.<

I'll do a better update in a few days.

Subscribers and comments are always welcomed<3

(please ignore this ty chapter pls xD)