Chapter Thirteen

I Know It's Cliché...


It'd been a week since Baekhyun and Jongdae had interacted since Chanyeol had punched the older, meaning that Baekhyun was out of the hopsital and Jongdae was due back to school the following Monday. The discharge had been the thing Jongdae had been looking forward to for the three weeks he had been in the prison, as he called it. Ms Cho had told him after one of the final x-rays he had to go through.

"You do know Jongdae, you are leaving tonight, right?" She had said, fluffing his pillows as he laid down on his bed, bored eyes searching for something fun in the room.

Jongdae tilted his head and shook it slightly, "No, I didn't. So I'll be in school on Monday?"

Ms Cho nodded, "That is the idea, yes. Don't worry, the school said you'd strictly stay in the SM common room until the threat of Chanyeol has blown over. Apparently he's not in the best of moods."

Jongdae's eyes found their way to the floor and he sighed, "Oh, okay."

With that, Ms Cho left the his room and their brief conversation would be the last that the two would exchange. That night, Jongdae returned back to his home where his mother spoiled him with ice creams, sweets, movies and such. The feeling of being at home returned quickly to Jongdae.

~

Jongdae's routine for the mornings remained unchanged. He woke up, hated it and tried to go back to sleep. He would then take a shower, get changed into whatever he decided to wear that day since his school was pretty chilled out when it came to uniform, before going to the kitchen and eating whatever caught his eye at that particular moment. 

That Monday however, he was about to eat breakfast when he was inturrupted by a knock at the door. Since he was lazy, his mother answered it. It must have been either something good or something really bad since his mother let out a shrill scream of happiness, "JONGDAE DON'T EAT BREAKFAST AND GET OVER HERE."

Jongdae sighed and organised his bag, slung it over his shoulder and walked towards the door. His face which had previously held no emotion broke out into a wide grin when he was Baekhyun standing at the door shyly, twisting on the balls of his feet slightly, "Oppa~!"

Baekhyun's shy smile grew into a cute grin, "Chenny~"

Mrs Kim sighed and smiled, "Oh my darling boy is growing up! I'll leave you two to walk to school."

After ruffling her son's hair - much to his hatred - she closed the door on them and left them alone. Baekhyun smiled at his boyfriend again, "I'm glad you're okay."

Jongdae nodded and smiled back, "Me too. How's school been?"

Baekhyun grinned as he began to walk and motioned Jongdae to follow, "Chanyeol got excluded from SM until we both got back and even then they're gonna vote today if they want him back or not."

Jongdae followed and tilted his head, "Oh. Why are they voting today?"

Baekhyun shrugged, "Beats me. I'm just the master of seduction, not master of logic."

Jongdae smirked and kissed Baekhyun's cheek, "Sure you are."

The walk to school consisted of corny jokes being pulled and the two acting very couple like. They held hands the entire way which honestly surprised Jongdae - he thought he would be more shy, yet he wasn't. The shyness did return, however, when they walked into the school gates. Jongdae's hand had left Baekhyun's, causing the older to whimper slightly at the loss of the warmth.

"What's wrong ChenChen?" Baekhyun asked, looking at the younger with worry filled eyes.

Jongdae shrugged, "What if people judge us?"

Some girls had walked past and they giggled at Jongdae's statement, "BaekChen is the most popular couple in school! Did nobody tell you that when you were in the hospital? More people will be worried about getting a picture of you two together than caring about it."

Baekhyun nodded in agreement and extended his hand out to Jongdae, looking at the younger with wishful eyes. Jongdae looked at Baekhyun before the hand that was outstretched before him. He sighed, took Baekhyun's hand and braced himself for whatever was going to happen.


SHORT CHAPTERS ARE FUNNNN~

I wanted to do this because the idea of Baekhyun wanting to hold Jongdae's hand and Jongdae refusing was too good. TOO. GOOD.

Hope you all enjoy <3