Chapter Twelve

I Know It's Cliché...


Jongdae was reading a pointless book about English grammar when he found out that Baekhyun himself had been admitted into hospital. He hadn't left his room yet and most of his days were spent reading and doing school work set by his teachers, thinking about who'd visit him that day and the purple duck Baekhyun had given him. In fact, that duck held his interest more than the tests and such that the doctors insisted to perform on him. The duck rarely left his hands if not, his bed side table. Although he loved the duck and the feeling of puppy love it brought, Jongdae couldn't help but wonder if he was truly good enough for Baekhyun. In his eyes, Baekhyun was a special person worthy of the love of anyone he wanted and Jongdae knew that he was what the older wanted, yet he couldn't bring himself to admit it. He wondered what Baekhyun saw in him, he wondered what was so special about him that made him worthy of the other singers' love. He spent many hours arguing with himself in his mind about the topic and all the possible outcomes of the relationship had been explored one way or another. It was during one of these mental fights that Jongdae had found out that Baekhyun had been rushed to the ward. Apparently it was nothing serious, just a nose bleed, but the doctors wanted to keep Baekhyun in the hospital for a while as it wasn't the first time they had people coming in after being punched by Chanyeol. From what Jongdae heard, their injuries ranged from harmless to broken bones. The person who told him was his regular doctor, Ms Cho who Jongdae adored because of her kindness.

"Jongdae, you have connections to Byun Baekhyun, don't you?" She asked an hour after Baekhyun had been admitted. She had come in to give Jongdae his regular medicine that he had been ordered to take to aid his recovery - which would be completed in roughly a week or so. 

Jongdae nodded slowly, "Yeah, we kinda...erm, date."

Ms Cho's eyes sparkled, "Ah, I see. You two make a cute couple."

Jongdae blushes lightly at that and smiled, "Thanks, a lot of people seem to think that."

"I can see why. Anyway, Mr Byun has been admitted into this very hospital."

Jongdae's eyes widened slightly in shock, "Admitted because of?!"

"He got punched round the face, specifically, the nose. It's nothing harmful - just a simple nose bleed. But he was punched by a Park Chanyeol who has a record here of causing serious injuries."

Jongdae felt anger growing up inside of him, "Oh. Can I go see Baekhyun?"

Ms Cho stood there for a moment, deep in thought before smiling slightly with that crisp smile of hers, "Sure. I'll put you in the chair and I could wheel you there if you want."

Although he hated to admit it, Jongdae loved going into the chair as the nurses tended to have fun with him, going faster at certain points. As such, his eyes brightened, "Yeah~!"

As the transported Jongdae from his bed to the chair, the purple duck clutched tightly to Jongdae's chest, he tilted his head, "Do you know what happened to Chanyeol?"

Ms Cho wheeled him out of the room and shrugged as they made their way down to the ward where they mainly dealt with minor injuries, "From what I heard the leaders of SM? Excluded him until both of you are back, and even then they're going to have a vote to see if he should stay longer or not."

Jongdae found himself smirking, "Oh? Serves him right. Who was especially angry?"

Ms Cho laughed as they turned into the hall that had the individual rooms, "Oh, I have those names. There was a Kris?"

"Ah Kris, protective leader. Although I was only a member there for a day before getting hit by a car, he made it clear he cares."

"Ahh, close knit. Then there were a Victoria and a Hyoyeon."

Jongdae's ears pricked when he heard the names and he found his smirk, now resembling a grin, widening in happiness, "Omo~ My two 'guardians'."

Ms Cho laughed again before dropping him off outside a door with 'BYUN BAEKHYUN' written on the board on the front of the door, "I'll leave you here, just buzz when you want to be picked up, if not, I'll come back in an hour or two."

Jongdae bowed and smiled whilst waving, "Thank you Ms Cho~!"

~

Baekhyun had refused visitors, many of them being Chanyeol's friends outside of SM or the odd JYP person who actually cared. The one person he wanted to see was Jongdae. So, when the aforementioned knocked on the door, he couldn't contain his excitement.

"ChenChen! You came!" He bounced in happiness, before leading Jongdae onto his bed.

Jongdae smiled, "Well, I wouldn't be a good boyfriend if I came, now would I oppa?"

Baekhyun giggled at the word and the two savoured each and every moment they had with each other.


AYYYYY.

Short chapters are fun

Sorry for the shortness, I'm kinda brain dead.

HOPE Y'ALL ENJOY c: