Chapter Ten

I Know It's Cliché...

Warning: There may be some upsetting things in this chapter.


"I'm not lying!" A voice crackled through the diminishing phone connection - the school had done a lot to avoid people from calling each other in classes and sadly the current conversation was no different.

The brown haired girl raised an eyebrow, "Are you sure? Did he actually say it this time?"

The voice on the line sighed, probably rolling their eyes if the girl knew the other as well as she did, "Yes he did Sojung. When I asked him he said 'fine'. Probably could've been more romantic, but, Jongdae's like an enigma when it came to anything romance related. I mean, if it's anything else I could probably tell you how he would've reacted, but when it comes to anything love related? I don't know. Plus h-"

Sojung chuckled as her cousin began to ramble before stopping him, "Calm down Baek. I'm sure as time goes on you two will find out almost everything about each other, probably too much but hey, whatever floats your boat that sails in the eternal sea of finding men."

Baekhyun cackled or the connection was becoming buggy, "I swear Sojung I'm going to hurt you one day if you don't stop making me laugh."

Sojung smirked to herself and rolled her own eyes, "Yeah, whatever. Can you tell me when it happens? I wanna book a manicure afterwards."

"Ooooh, if you do, book me in too~!"

Sojung laughed, "Bye Baby Byun~"

The call ended and Sojung turned to her group. Although they weren't a part of one of The Big Three, Sojung and her friends known as 'Ladies' Code' were becoming increasingly popular. Most of them were compared to popular girls who were in SM mainly; Ashley was said to be the love child of Sunny and Tiffany, EunB didn't really have a comparison, but she was cute, RiSe's dancing was said to be like a young Hyoyeon's, Sojung was said to be a Taeyeon in the making and Zuny was the same maknae Seohyun was.

Sojung opened her locker door to place her phone in it's place of the back pocket she had stuck in there. She heard Ashley mutter something along the lines of, "Awkward giraffe at 2 o'clock." Sojung turned to find her locker door being slammed in her face. Behind it stood a smirking Chanyeol accompanied by Jongin. 

Chanyeol took a strand of Sojung's hair in his fingers and rubbed it slightly, looking at it in deep thought before laughing to himself, "Wow, got bored of your blonde hair? You and your family can never stick to one hair colour."

Sojung slapped Chanyeol's hand away, rolling her eyes and pulling her hair back into a pony tail, "Shut up Park. We all know you can't talk when it comes to hair. Those bangs? Hella no."

Chanyeol growled in defence and even Jongin couldn't help but laugh at the singer's remark, "Shut up Lee. Not why we're here."

Zuny raised an eyebrow, "Why are you here bothering unnie? Last time I checked, she never did anything to you."

Chanyeol laughed again, "Wow who asked you? Beat it kid."

Zuny looked hurt and ran off to the girls' toilets, followed avidly by EunB and RiSe, leaving Ashley and Sojung to confront the tall men. Ashley stepped in front of Sojung, hands on hips and sighed, "What do you want? Just tell us and then we can go our separate ways."

Chanyeol shrugged, "I just wanted to remind Sojung about how she failed to get into SM. I mean wow! You go from auditioning to get into the best group of populars in school to an unknown group. Polaris? Polaroid? Who cares?"

Sojung stood there, taking it all in. Chanyeol smirked as he leant in to her ear and whispered, "Everyone knows you were anorexic last year and your members and Baekhyun were the only ones who probably cared."

Chanyeol and Jongin high-fived each other and sauntered off, leaving a Sojung close to tears alone with the leader of her group. Ashley hugged Sojung and told her not to listen to Chanyeol. Although she agreed on the surface, Sojung really wondered if anybody cared. Unknown to her, Ashley had called Baekhyun as soon as she saw Chanyeol, who had heard the entire conversation.

~

"What the hell?" Baekhyun shouted after the day was done, stomping up to Chanyeol in the park, "Why the  would you say that to Sojung?"

Chanyeol smiled innocently and shrugged, "Say what?"

Baekhyun glared the younger down, and although Chanyeol hated him, he still got intimidated by the older's glare, "Don't play dumb. Because we both know what you said and why you said it. Don't even try to lie."

Chanyeol's sweet, innocent smile turned into a warped, vengeful smirk, "Good. I don't need to play clueless. I hate you Byun Baekhyun. Wanna know why? Because you're a ."

"Me?" Baekhyun gasped, "You're the one who cheated on me with Jongin!"

"But you and Jongdae had something going on."

Baekhyun shook his head, "No. We didn't. We do now because he'd probably treat me a load better than you did."

One thing Chanyeol hated was when someone tried to insult how he functioned - his pride wouldn't allow it, "Take that back."

"No."

"Take it back you little ."

"Why should I? Take back what you said about my cousin."

"Hm, let me think about that...no."

"Looks like I'm not apologising."

Chanyeol gritted his teeth and looked away, seeping with anger, "Take it back, last chance, Byun."

"The I will, Park."

The last thing Baekhyun seemed to remember was a stinging sensation in his left cheek.


I'M SO SORRY FOR HOW BAD THIS CHAPTER IS LIKE YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW.

I felt we needed a small chapter mainly dedicated to Sojung/Baekhyun relationship, along with how BaekYeol is doing. 

If it was too hard to understand in the beginning what happens is that Sojung and Baekhyun are talking before Chanyeol comes, insults Zuny with caused her and two of the members of Ladies' Code to go away, aiming to make Sojung feel defenceless. Ashley called Baekhyun so he could hear what's going on as Chanyeol degrades Sojung. Sojung and Ashley then have like a cry session.

As I said, I'M SO SORRY FOR THIS CHAPTER BUT WE NEEDED IT.

Comments for the crappy chapter would be nice xD