Chapter Sixteen

I Know It's Cliché...


News of the breakup spread across the school like wildfire. The Byun Baekhyun, probably one of, if not the most desirable boy in the school had been broken up with by his two boyfriends in the space of two months. So it was no surprise that when Baekhyun went to school the next day that everyone, students and staff alike, stole glances at him. From what the student body could gather, Baekhyun liked Jongdae more than he liked Chanyeol, his self-proclaimed first love, which made the students mourn the breakup of BaekChen even more. Baekhyun could handle the glances that he experienced. He could handle the small whispers the students shared between each other. He was used to that; he was in EXO. What he couldn't handle was when people came up to him and asked him about it.

One girl, probably in a higher grade, came up to him with a small smirk on her face, "So I heard you and Jongdae broke up, such a shame, right?"

Baekhyun nodded, rolling his eyes, "Yeah, it's a tragic story."

"So that means you're ready to mingle, right?"

Baekhyun shook his head and raised his voice so everyone could hear, "No, I'm not. Me and him agreed we'd give each other space for a bit, so technically, we're on hold."

In Baekhyun's book of dating, which quite a lot of students at the school followed, him and Jongdae hadn't broken up completely. They had dropped the hugging and kissing and even the couple status. But they were still each other's. If that made sense. That morning he and Jongdae had agreed they'd let each other date other people and once both of them had tried to have another boyfriend. Personally, Baekhyun didn't know who'd he try to date since his mind was clouded with all thoughts about Jongdae. How the younger's face seemed to morph into one of a cat when he laughed, how his eyebrows seemed to turn into sad ones as he sung ballads and how he always had a stupid grin plastered onto his face. 

He managed to slide through the crowds of students to get to his Class, something he was dreading but couldn't help. As he walked in his eyes instantly scanned the room to see where Jongdae was, something he wish he didn't do in the end. At the back of the classroom was Jongdae sitting and laughing beside Kris. Truthfully, Baekhyun was jealous. He thought the random friends-with-benefits Kris and Tao had going on would make it so Kris wasn't interested with Jongdae, however that didn't prove to be the case. He grumbled as he took a seat by Jongin who glanced over at the older, "Annoyed?"

Baekhyun puffed his cheeks out and rolled his eyes, "What was your first clue?"

Jongin shrugged absent mindedly as he waited for the class to start, "I don't know, the look of disgust as you walked in? I thought you two agreed to let the other date."

Baekhyun grabbed a few pieces of paper, "Yeah, and? It's been a day, less than that, and he's close with another person?"

"Apparently Kris made advances on him when he was new, so I guess he's trying it now and it's working.  They seem to make a cute couple."

"You know what Jongin? Just shut up," Baekhyun hissed, "I'll just find someone better than Kris and make it so Jongdae wants to be with me."

Jongin laughed under his breath, "You sound like a possesive boyfriend."

"Maybe I am."

The class was long, boring and painful for Baekhyun. He found himself constantly looking over at Jongdae and Kris to see how they were acting together. In all he glanced over about five times. On the first time they were giggling together, pointing at something outside. On the second time they were looking down at something on Kris' paper. On the third and fourth times they were playfully nudging each other and on the final time, they were holding hands under the desks. Baekhyun growled under his breath and couldn't wait until the bell rang for the next class where he could sit by Taeyeon or Victoria. 

The day went by slowly for Baekhyun, which he found annoying. When the bell chimed for the end of the day he couldn't help but bounce and smile with excitement. He practically skipped home and sung Gee by SNSD. When he got to his favourite part, Taeyeon's part, he was dragged to the side into a small alley way.

He flailed for a bit, "Someone help me!"

The taller figure put their hand over his mouth and hissed, "Shut up Byun."

Baekhyun calmed down slowly and turned around to face the taller person, Chanyeol, "What do you want Chanyeol?"

Chanyeol smirked and caressed Baekhyun's cheek slightly, causing the younger to squirm slightly underneath, "I heard you and Jongdae are over."

Baekhyun slapped his hand away, "You hate me, remember? Anyway, why would you care?"

Chanyeol shrugged, "And? I need to make Jongin jealous, and you need to make Jongdae jealous. So, the pieces fit together and bam."

Baekhyun sighed, "Fine, but nobody knows the motives."

"Nobody."

~

Kris and Jongdae walked home hand in hand, smiling and giggling at each other's jokes. Having a taller boyfriend made Jongdae feel protected and secure, especially when he was snuggled into Kris' side slightly. Kris smiled down at his new boyfriend and wrapped an arm around him, "You okay? You seem to be shivering slightly."

Jongdae looked up and gave Kris a confused look, "I'm not. I guess I'm just tired."

"Oh well," Kris said, squeezing Jongdae closer to him as they reached the younger's house, "At least you can rest now, I still got another ten minutes walk to go."

Jongdae laughed and rolled his eyes, "Oh my heart goes out for you. I'll see you tomorrow?"

Kris smiled and kissed Jongdae on the lips quickly, "See you tomorrow."


This is a y chapter but meh :3

Baekhyun/Chanyeol and Kris/Jongdae are not endgame!

You'll have to wait and see c: