Chapter One

I Know It's Cliché...

Note: For my own sake, everyone in SM will be the same age (so Jessica and Krystal are gonna be 'The Jung Twins'

Kim Jongdae stood infront of the large school with wide-eyes full of fear. He had only been told of his father's relocation a few days ago, and moving to a new school was hard. It took him ages to fit in to his last school, so who knows how long it would take him to fit in this time. He watched as students filed into it's big doors and began to breathe in and out slowly. His mother who had accompanied him turned and smile sympathetically at her son, "Nervous Chenny?"

The use of his nickname 'Chen' provided some sort of comfort to Jongdae as he tore his eyes away from the school to face his mother, "Mhm. Quite a bit, actually."

His mother sighed and looked down slightly, "I'm sorry. You know it wasn't my first choice. Your father could've declined the transfer, he really could have."

Jongdae picked his mother's chin up to avoid any further embarrassment for the both of them, "But he didn't because he's not home enough to know we were comfortable there."

His mother couldn't help but widen her smile at her son's maturity. She placed a hand on his cheek, "Oh I do miss the days when you were young and less mature."

Jongdae smiled slightly, "Thanks?"

His mother removed her hand and creased her jumper down, "How about this? You try and be happy at the new school and I'll take you to the nearest ice cream place after school and we'll get ice cream like we used to."

She held out her hand for Jongdae to shake, "Deal?"

Jongdae stood and thought about it for a moment before grinning and shaking his mother's hand, "Deal."

~

The Prinicpal sat Jongdae down in a seat opposite his desk, "Ah, Kim Jongdae. I see your academic record is very good.I think you'll be placed in Class A."

Jongdae bowed his head in respect, "Thank-you sir."

The Principal nodded, "I will warn you though. In Class A, one of, if not the most popular group of kids in school, 'SM' or 'SMTown' as they sometimes call themselves, are situated."

Jongdae tilted his head slightly, "How come you're warning me about it? Are they all snobby?"

The Principal nodded, "No, they're good kids. They're just not..the nicest to new students, that's all."

"Oh."

An awkward silence lingered between the two as Jongdae collected his thoughts, 'Knowing my luck I'll be sat by one who'll ridicule me.'

The silence was broken as The Principal snapped his fingers, "I'll tell you what. I'll pair you up with one person from SM and one from JYP, SM's rivalling group to see you getting into one or the other. I've seen too many new students become part of the nobody crowd due to those two groups."

Jongdae nodded slightly before doing a quic calculation in his head, "Which group holds more influence in the school?"

The Principal thought about the question for a moment, "SM, why?"

"I'll just have one person show me around from SM then. I mean, if they're the most influential, then I'll be safer from torment, right? I mean, if its okay with you of course."

The Principal slowly nodded, "That'd be a grand idea! From what I see from your records, you're a good singer - SM will like that. Everyone in it either sings, dances, plays an instrument or composes...or even all of them at the same time!"

Comfort seemed to come to Jongdae; they'd have to accept him. His vocal coach back in his old town had said he had perfect control when it came to singing, even pushing him to sing Mandarin covers of his favourite songs to see how he handled it. He handled them in style, obviously. The Principal clapped his hands in agreement, "That settles it! I'll get Hyoyeon from SNSD to come tour you around. She's one of the best, if not, the best dancer in SM and she knows Mandarin - it'd be a shame if you forgot the language."

Jongdae nodded again as The Principal spoke into a load system, "Can Kim Hyoyeon from Class A report to my office please."

In a few minutes a short girl with blonde hair stood at the door, "You asked to see me Mr Lee?"

The Principal, or Mr Lee, nodded, "Ah yes. Hyoyeon meet Jongdae. He's new and is placed in your class."

Hyoyeon turned to Jongdae and smiled sweetly, "Nice to meet you."

Jongdae returned the smile as best he could despite his nerves battling with him, "You too."

"Now Hyoyeon. Please could you stay with Jongdae for the first week or so, just until he gets on his feet. Also, try and persuade the leaders of SM to let him in, he's a good singer I hear."

Hyoyeon nodded, "Of course Mr Lee. Come on Jongdae!"

Jongdae then found himself being dragged out of the room by this Hyoyeon girl and towards Class A. 

~

The pair bolted through the door of the classroom, causing all the other students to look at them. The teacher, Ms Hwang glanced over at them, "What did Mr Lee want Hyoyeon?"

Hyoyeon giggled slightly and motioned to the Jongdae, "Class, we have a new kid. Kim Jongdae. He's from some town. I was told to look after him Miss."

Ms Hwang warmly smiled at Jongdae, "Ahhh, so you're the new student" Very well, very well. Take a seat by Xiumin at the back there. Er Xiumin, give us a wave?"

A boy who looked elfish gave a sweet wave and Jongdae walked slowly towards him. Everyone still watched, wondering if he would be accepted or forgotten about. Of course, having someone from The Big 3 showing you around was always a good upperhand. Most didn't know why the three groups were known as 'The Big Three'. It was more 'SM and JYP ft That One Group of Boys from YG'. Once, YG had ruled the school, but since some students had graduated the influence began to decline. Almost enough for them to be disregarded as a big group. Jongdae had heard from students that unless you happened to be in a good group in YG, you were basically no better than a nobody.

The first thing that Jongdae's new neighbour said to him was, "Maybe you'll be accepted into EXO!"

Jongdae gave the boy a confused look, "EXO..?"

The elfish boy nodded again, "Yes!!! EXO!!! Basically one of the two highest boy groups in SM! Of course, the debate of who's better, us or SHINee is an often one, it doesn't matter. We hold influence higher than some of those JYP boys."

Jongdae glanced over to where Xiumin, or Minseok as his bag read was pointing at two giant boys who kept stealing glances at him. Jongdae then turned to Xiumin, "Who are they?"

Xiumin, who was now furiously taking notes from the board gave a small smirk to Jongdae, "Oh, Taecyeon and Chansung from 2PM, a JYP group. They're pretty influential. Well, Taecyeon is. Chansung is the least popular member of 2PM, or down there. If you want to see influence you need to see Wooyoung and Taecyeon together. Now that's JYP's version of our Taeyeon and Tiffany, or Kris and Tao."

"Oh."

Oh was the only thing Jongdae could say before his mind went into overdrive. This would be one hella confusing mess of a life if he chose to stick with it.


Wooow that was fun to write? xD

As I said, I know this plot line is overused but I really wanted to do a ChenBaek story and alas, this is the first thing that came to mind xD.

Comments would be nice /)^u^(\

New update when I want to (which might not be too far in the future :3)