Chapter 64

Trusting Demons

“Found it!” Taemin yelled, rushing into the boarding house.

“You did?” Hyorin asked, looking hopeful.

“Yeah,” he grinned brightly, “I already called Rina and she’ll be here in a few minutes.”

“Good,” Onew nodded, “we can head out once she gets back.”

“Hyorin,” Jonghyun decided to speak up, “are you sure that you want to go along?”

“Yes,” she nodded.

“If VIXX are being controlled,” Minho started to say, only to be cut off by Hyorin.

“Then we’re going to have to fight them,” she scowled, “I know. I know and it will hurt to fight them, but I can’t just sit back and let them be controlled by that…..that woman. You’ve seen the scars she put on Got7, I’m not going to let her do the same to them.”

“You aren’t going to convince her otherwise,” Onew sighed, “we all go or no one does.”

“And we have to go,” Key nodded.

The rest of SHINee sighed in agreement. None of them wanted Hyorin to go, but they had to let her. If they didn’t, she’d probably sneak along and that would put her in even more danger. 9

“At least if she’s with us,” Taemin tried to smile at his brothers, “we can keep an eye on her. Control what she does and doesn’t see.”

Like the fight destined to happen between SHINee and VIXX.

“Let’s go,” Rina said moments later as she entered the room, tying her best to appear calm, “we don’t have any time to waste.”

Maybe the others bought it, but Yong Guk and Hyorin knew better. Both had spent a lot of time with the half demon woman since she joined their little group and liked to think that they’d learned to read her pretty well. Thus, both were able to pick up on her slightly tense posture.

“It will be fine,” Yong Guk whispered as he walked over to join her, trusting that she would still hear him, “don’t worry.”

“Not worried,” she muttered, looking away, “I just want to get this over with.”

“We all do,” Onew spoke up, trying to ignore the slight glare Yong Guk sent him for interrupting, “once Nayoung is dealt with, we won’t have to worry about Hyorin’s safety ever again and VIXX will be free.”

“I’ll head down stairs,” Zelo said, “help Got7 get into their chains.”

“Thanks,” JB nodded in appreciation.

“Good luck,” BamBam called as he headed into the basement with his brothers and Zelo, “be careful.”

“They’ll be fine,” Jackson laughed, trying his best not to let his own worry seep into his words, “this is Hyorin and Rina we’re talking about. And they’ve got SHINee on their side! They can’t lose.”

“He’s right,” Mark grinned in agreement as the basement door shut behind them, “everything will work out fine.”

SHINee, Rina, and Hyorin all looked away, wishing that they felt half as confident that everything would be fine as Got7 did. SHINee knew that they could defeat Nayoung, their main concern was doing it before they had to………put VIXXX down. Rina feared the same. Hyorin……..Hyorin wasn’t even sure if they could defeat Nayoung, let alone save VIXX. All she knew was that they had to try.

“Come on,” Onew finally said, “let’s go.”

--

“Nice house,” Key commented as the group arrived at the location Taemin said Nayoung called home.

The house was pretty, that was for sure. Nothing like the kind of hideouts SHINee was used to raiding. Just more proof that Nayoung wasn’t the same as the demons they normally hunted. She was smart, but also cocky and they would be sure to use that to their advantage in the battle about to begin.

“Jonghyun,” Onew asked, “think you can bust down that door? Looks pretty thick.”

“Can I bust down a door,” Jonghyun rolled his eyes as he stepped forewords, “what kind of question is that?”

Jonghyun created a ball of electricity in his hands, the power from the nearby power lines. Once it had become big enough, he threw it at the doors. The ball of energy hit the doors and blew up, sparks flying and think black smoke rising. Once the smoke cleared, a large hole in the wood was revealed. Jonghyun smirked, proud of his work, only for Key to smack him.

“Ow,” he hissed, “what was that for?”

“The bang,” Key hissed, “don’t you think that will attract attention? There are people right next door.”

“Opps,” Jonghyun honestly had forgotten about that.

“Doesn’t matter,” Onew assured them, “we’ve got more important things to worry about.”

The group entered the home and didn’t get more than a few steps past the doorway before the massive front hall suddenly became alight with the glow of hundreds of floating candles.

“This is her voodoo magic,” Rina scoffed, “she’s trying to put on a show.”

“Please,” Key laughed, “like we’d be intimated by a few candles.”

“Maybe not,” all turned to the top of the massive staircase to find VIXX, “but that’s not what’s supposed to intimidate you. We are.”

The six jumped down, landing perfectly and turning their attention to SHINee, Rina, and Hyorin. Hyorin took a moment to be horrified by the empty look in their eyes before Rina snapped her out of it.

“Go,” Rina hissed, “we’ll take care of them.

“But,” Hyorin started to argue, only to be cut off by VIXX charging at them. SHINee moved to intercept, keeping all six away from Hyorin.

 “You got this, Hyorin,” Rina said, pushing the younger half demon towards the staircase, “now go find Nayoung and end all of this.”

Hyorin cast one last look at VIXX before rushing off to find the woman who’d caused all of this to happen.

A/N: I’ll be honest, still not completely sure who should fight who next chapter, so feel free to make a suggestion.