Chapter 62

Trusting Demons

“VIXX left last night,” JB scowled, “how……they were we were going to try to work around those blasted dolls, why would they run?”

“They’re worried,” Rina sighed, “you can’t blame them for that.”

“I can,” Hyorin hissed, glaring at the ground.

“You shouldn’t,” Jackson told her, “they don’t want to hurt you, they love you.”

“So?” Hyorin snapped, “I love them, but I wouldn’t just…just run off in the middle of the night like that.”

“Wait,” Yong Guk started to say before Rina covered his mouth.

“Not now,” she whispered, “ask about that later when we aren’t dealing with a crisis.”

“Right,” Yong Guk sighed. He’d ask exactly what Hyorin meant later. Did she….was she in love with VIXX? He was pretty sure that the six demon were in love with her. If she didn’t feel the same or if she felt the same for only one of them…..things could turn out rather messy. Things could have turned out really messy with Hyorin’s mother and EXO and Yong Guk considered them all very lucky that things had worked out so well.

But this was something to worry about much later.

“We need to go after them,” Yugyeom spoke up, “they can’t be wandering around alone.”

“I don’t think they’re wandering around alone,” Mark scowled.

“Then where are they?” Jr questioned.

“She’s probably got them,” Mark’s scowl deepened, “she…..we were useless to her, but…..”

“They aren’t us,” Youngjae hissed, glaring at the floor, “they defeated us so many times, so they must be powerful. Exactly what she needs for whatever her big, evil plans are.”

“You’re right,” JB nodded, “plus, look at how many times VIXX fought against EXO back in the day. Those battles alone prove how powerful each of them are.”

“Yeah,” BamBam nodded, “even before his power upgrade, Hyuk, Hongbin, and Ravi were forces to be reckoned with. With their upgrades…..”

“Who wouldn’t want that on their side,” Jackson nodded, “and Nayoung has the ability to bring them to their side, no problem.”

“Then we have to go and get them,” Hyorin declared, “We have to save them.”

“Easier said than done,” Rina said, “we don’t know where she is.”

“Mark knows,” Hyorin pointed to the speed demon.

“And Nayoung has probably movies since then,” Mark spoke up, “so that makes what I know useless.”

“Then we search,” Hyorin replied, “she’s got to be in the city. Assuming she still wants to kill me, anyway.”

“Another problem,” JB said, “we can’t help you.”

“Why not?”

“She has dolls for us, too,” Jackson sighed, “if we’re with you when you fight her….”

“We aren’t going to risk hurting you,” BamBam said, “not after everything you’ve done for us. It’s safest to just stay here.”

“I understand,” Hyorin gave in, knowing that nothing she could say would convince the seven demons to change their mind. At least they weren’t going to run away, they just weren’t going to join her in battle.

“So it would just be us,” Rina frowned, “that makes things even harder.”

“It’s not going to be just you.”

Everyone turned to find SHINee and Zelo standing in the doorway of the living room.

“Uncles!” Hyorin cried, rushing to hug the group.

Key pouted when Hyorin ignored his open arms, hugging Taemin instead. She giggled at his expression, hugging him next. Rina looked to the grinning Yong Guk who’d moved to hug Zelo, wondering if he’d known that the six were showing up. If he had, why hadn’t he mentioned anything to her before? Got7 just stared in shock, unable to believe that five of the most powerful demons in the world were standing before them.

“What are you doing here?” Hyorin asked, staying wrapped up in Minho’s arms since he refused to let go of her.

“We got a call,” Onew explained, “from N. he said something about voodoo dolls and then went silent. He dropped the phone and walked away. I’m pretty sure someone was with him, too.”

“Nayoung has them,” Mark spoke up, “that’s the only thing that would explain it.”

“Um,” Taemin asked Yong Guk and Hyorin, “who are these guys? And who’s this woman?”

“What’s been going on?” Jonghyun frowned.

“There’s a lot to talk about,” Yong Guk sighed, “it’s going to take a while and I’m not sure if we have the time for that.”

“We’ve got the time,” JB said, “Nayoung likes to play games, remember?”

“She’s waiting for Hyorin to come to her,” Jr nodded, “that’s when she’ll make her move.”

“So we’ve got time,” Onew smiled, “explain everything, we need to know what we’ve missed.”

“Nayoung,” Minho muttered, “why does that name sound familiar?”

“Guess we’ll have to wait to find out,” Taemin shrugged, moving to the couch, “Hyorin, sit with me!”

A/N: so now SHINee is gonna find out everything (save for the demon beasts thing, but that’s kind of a no brainer). Can’t imagine that they’re gonna take things too well. Hyorin is their lovable little niece after all.