Chapter 49

Trusting Demons

N found himself in a hellish realm. For a moment, he felt like screaming, running away. But the fear soon faded away when his beast appeared, stepping out of the shadows. Looking at the hellish mutt, the equally hellish backdrop was rather fitting.

It has been quite some time since that last time I looked at you, the hell hound said, looking N over carefully, you haven’t changed a lot over the years.

I…..don’t understand, N frowned slightly, we’ve talked like this before?

Not like this, the hell hound laughed, but we have talked face to face before. Back when you were human and allowed me to dwell inside of your body.

--

I still don’t understand, Leo frowned slightly, I talked to you when I was human? I gave you permission to make me your host?

Yes, the griffin nodded, there are some beast who just….take up residence inside the body of their host, but I asked. As did the hell hound inside of your brother N.

What about the others? Leo asked, concerned for his other brothers.

I cannot say, the griffin shrugged, before finding you, I was friends with N’s beast. We shared the same view on taking a host.

Is that why N and I crossed paths? Leo questioned, not liking one bit that his friendship with N might have been controlled by the demonic beasts within them.

No, the griffin laughed, that was a happy accident. Neither I nor N’s beast planned to ever cross paths. When you ended up running into N and Hyuk, I just sat back and watched. The griffin smiled slightly, looking over Leo carefully, I still don’t know why you followed them, why you joined. I truly thought you planned to spend all of your days alone.

--

So, Ken asked the large lynx, following behind the beast as they walked through the mountain range, why did you pick me?

I watched you for weeks, the lynx explained, trying to figure out if you were the right person to become my host.

So, I guess I proved to you that I could be a good host, Ken smiled brightly, earning a giggle from the beast.

And then some, the lynx nodded, you turned out to be exactly what I was looking for in a host. I was very happy about finding you. Haven’t looked back once.

--

Not even once? Ravi frowned slightly, recalling all the years spent following the orders of cruel masters.

Nope, the demonic fox replied with a smile, not even a little. Sure, there have been times that your power – well, my power being used through you – has been used for……things I don’t really like, but that’s hardly cause for me to regret anything. you can’t be blamed for any of that.

Yes, I can, Ravi scowled, if I had of been smarter, wiser, then that blasted contract never would have been created, let alone signed. You, me, and my brothers never would have had to work under any masters like Mr. and Mrs. Yoo.

Maybe, the fox nodded, but then you also wouldn’t have your current master. You would have never had those wonderful years with the Bang family. A lot of pain would have been avoided, but so would a lot of happiness and, dare I say, love.

--

L-love, Hongbin recoiled slightly when his beast used that four lettered L word.

Yes, the dog nodded, you loved your past masters, right? The ones who treated you well. You loved then like you love your brothers, yes?

Y-yes! Hongbin nodded quickly, relieved that the dog beast wasn’t talking about what he’d originally thought it was talking about.

And then there’s the love you feel for your current master, the dog giggled, you’re head over heels for her.

W-what! Hongbin cried, falling on his while he violently denied having any such feelings for his master.

Oh please, the dog rolled its eyes, I’m in your head, boy. If I say you love her, then you love her.

--

No, Hyuk scowled at the flaming horse, I’m not in love with Hyorin.

Wrong answer, the beast sighed, how on earth do you expect to win her affections if you deny having feelings or her? That girl will fall for one, or all, of your brothers before you man up and admit you want her as yours at this rate.

I’m not falling for it, Hyuk chuckled, but good try though, trying to trick me into saying I have feelings for Hyorin.

So you do have feelings for her, the horse laughed, I knew it.

No, Hyuk shouted, I do not!

Oh for crying out loud, the horse sighed, fine, be that way. But don’t come crying to me when she falls for someone else and you’re stuck watching her be happy with one of your brothers, never knowing how much you care for her as well. I’m done talking to you for now, go back to the outsie world.

Wait! Hyuk called at the forest around his started to fade, how will I talk to you again? Do I come here?

I’ll come to you, the horse replied, in fact, I think I’ll take pity on you and start helping you win the girl’s heart.

“So,” Rina said as the six demons opened their eyes, “that was your first contact. Did it go well?”

“Yeah,” N nodded, recalling his beast’s promise to help him win Hyorin’s heart.

“Pretty good,” Ken nodded, thinking of his own demon’s promise to do the same.

Leo, Hongbin, Ravi, and Hyuk all nodded, the similar promises from their own beasts repeating over and over again in their heads.

A/N: Feeling a little bit under the weather, but no as much as a few days ago (so don't worry 'bout me, guys). well, did you guys enjoy meeting VIXX’s beasts for the first time? personally, I love how their demons told them pretty much the same things: I met you as a human, you seemed like a good host, and you’ve never disappointed me. Oh! And you’re in love with your master! I’ll help you win her heart~! Hahaha you’ll find out later who had a Hyuk-like reaction and who was more accepting of the whole “you love her” thing.