Chapter 38

Trusting Demons

Chapter 38

“Hyorin!” Hongbin yelled, feeling anger building up inside of himself.

Ravi let out a terrifying howl before getting up. Eyes glowing red, he charged at Yugyeom. The shadow demon didn’t have time to react before Ravi had him pinned to the ground. Yugyeom was only just forming a shadow knife when Ravi sank his teeth deep into the younger demon’s shoulder. Yugyeom let out a pained yell and Jr rushed to knock Ravi off his brother with his trees while running to the shadow demon’s side.

Hongbin let lose a burst of emotions so strong that Mark fell to his knees. The speed demon just couldn’t process all the different feelings that the empath demon was making him feel. He wanted to cry and yell, and scream in fear and laugh in happiness all at once. The swirling emotions not only left him weak, but feeling sick to his stomach. With Mark otherwise occupied, Hongbin took the chance to deliver a strong kick to his ribs. The blow knocked Mark over and Hongbin decided to give him another kick. Before he could do anything else, Youngjae knocked him to the ground.

“No,” Hyorin gasped as she watched Yugyeom getting back up, anger swirling in his own eyes when he saw Ravi fighting against Jr’s trees. She knew exactly what Yugyeom was thinking, but she felt too weak to get up and stop him.

Closing her eyes, she tried to stop the bleeding. However, nothing happened. It was just like when she was first learning to use her powers and that scared her. It had been a while since she felt that kind of powerless and she didn’t know how to handle it. Then there was the blood loss that was slowly starting to cloud her mind. Maybe in a more clear minded state, she would have realized that she could just teleport home and tell Leo and Ken about what was going on. But she didn’t think of that and instead focused on just trying to get up so that she could help Hongbin and Ravi who were both being beaten by the four Got7 demons.

“What is this?” she suddenly heard Leo call out.

“Hyorin!” Ken yelled, panicked as he saw the blood staining his master’s shirt as well as the gash that caused the bleeding.

“Hyorin,” Leo growled, steam starting to rise from his form as his eyes flashed red, “which one of them did that to you?”

“Yugyeom’s work,” Jackson said, looking over the wound while JB helped Ken pick Hyorin up, “he’s the only one who could make a cut this deep.”

“Really now?” Leo raised an eyebrow as his gaze fell upon the bleeding shadow demons, “looks like Ravi already got to you. a nicer person would leave it at that. Too bad for you, I’m not a nice person.”

“Leo,” JB spoke up, “I know what he’s done, but please try to remember that he’s my baby brother. He’s only like this because of what she’s done to him.”

“I’m not going to kill him,” Leo scoffed, “just beat him black and blue. Or red depending on how easily he bleeds.”

“We don’t have time for that,” Ken growled, “we need to get Hyorin home so that we can treat her wounds. You can worry about revenge later.”

“We can’t just let you just walk away,” Jr spoke up even as he pulled his trees away from Ravi. The illusion demon took the opening to change back into his normal form and run to join his brothers, JB, Jackson, and his master.

“Oh, please” Ken scoffed, “you hurt my brothers and my master. I’m going to send you flying, then we’ll walk away.”

Before anyone could ask how Ken planned to do that, the sound demon handed Hyorin over to Ravi. Turning to the four Got7 demons, he clapped his hands together, amplifying the sound waves so that they were powerful enough to knock all four down. With Youngjae knocked off of Hongbin, the empath rolled to his feet and ran as fast as he could to get behind Ken. Once he knew that his second youngest brother was clear, Ken smashed his hands into the ground.

Sending another sound wave though the ground, the force knocked the four enemy demons into the air. Before Ken could use that as a chance to send them flying, JB stepped in and used his wind send all four airborne. Ken pouted softly, a bit disheartened that he didn’t get to do the honours, but Hyorin let out a small groan of pain that stole his attention. The sound demon took Hyorin back from Ravi, frowning when he noticed that there was to sign of the blood leaking from her wound stopping any time soon.

“I’ll freeze her wound shut,” Jackson said, carefully running his hand over the gash. Ice formed where his hand had been, acting as a makeshift bandage to stop the bleeding while the group headed for home.

“You two are fools,” Leo growled as he walked with Ravi and Hongbin, watching as the others got farther and farther ahead.

“I know,” Ravi bowed his head, “I didn’t think it through.”

“We just wanted some time with her,” Hongbin sighed, “you and Ken hyung can take her out whenever you want and do stuff, fun stuff. But we can’t because we aren’t strong enough.”

“Then you ask one of us to go along,” Leo sighed, “Ken and I can both hang close by, just watching to make sure nothing happens. You wouldn’t even know that we’re there.”

“Yes we would,” Ravi frowned, “we want to have time alone with her, hyung. Just like you do.”

“That’s still no excuse,” Leo sighed, anger fading a little, “you could have gotten her killed.”

“I know,” both demons nodded, head hanging lower as they followed Leo the rest of the way home in silence.

Back as the scene of the fight, Nayoung appeared. Carefully, she walked around the area, examining everything. Her four demons had done a good enough job, they had done what she had asked. Punishment could wait for later, when she could think of a reason to beat them.

Nayoung suddenly stopped and pulled out a small bag. Carefully, she picked up a tooth and dropped it in the bag before moving on. She stopped again a few step later. This time, she pulled out a small cloth and dabbed at one of the blood stains on the ground. Like the tooth, she dropped the cloth in a small bag and then tucked both bags into her jacket.

“That’s four,” she muttered to herself, “only two left.”

With that, she left, a small smirk on her face.

A/N: poor Ravi and Hongbin. I would not want to be on the receiving end of a ‘you’ve messed up’ speech from Leo. I’m sure some of you already guessed what Nayoung wants Hyuk’s hair for, and the end of this chapter backs that up. question is: what do you think she’ll do with the voodoo dolls? And how will she get something from N and Leo so that she can make dolls for them?