Chapter 18

Trusting Demons

To say N and Ravi were relieved to see Hyorin awake two days later would be an understatement. They’d been very worried. As far as some of their brothers were concerned, they’d been too worried. They all knew she would wake up in time, so N and Ravi didn’t need to hover by her bedside the whole time.

“How long was I out for?” she asked, sitting up with a little help from the pair.

“Only two days,” Ravi assured her, “that means you’re getting stronger. You were out for much longer last time. But you still used a lot of energy, so take things slow for a while, alright?”

“What happened to the enemy demons?” Hyorin asked, looking around as if she expected them to be waiting for her like N and Ravi had been.

“They’re tired up in the basement,” N explained, “Leo and Hyuk are watching them. Ken and Hongbin are going to take over watching them tonight, so they’re sleeping to make sure they have the energy to do it.”

“I want to talk to them,” she said, trying to stand only to fall back down. She might be awake, but her body was still feeling the power drain. If Ravi was right and she was getting stronger, maybe the next time she used her powers this wouldn’t happen.

“No way,” N frowned.

“You aren’t going down there,” Ravi added, “we aren’t going to take any chances that they’ll try to hurt you.”

“But I need to ask them something,” she frowned. She wanted to know why their master wanted her dead. She NEEDED to know why.

“We’ve been trying to talk to them,” N told her, “they refuse to tell us anything. Even their names.”

“I need to, N,” she begged, trying to convey just how much she needed to know to him with her words.

“Fine,” he sighed, “but I’m going to be there with you the whole time, alright?”

“Deal,” she smiled before trying to get up again. She managed to get a few steps before her knees buckled and she started to go down. Luckily Ravi was right beside her and caught her before she hit the ground.

“First,” Ravi told her, “let’s get you something to eat. That should give you time to regain the strength to at least walk.”

--

“Careful,” N said, leading Hyorin down the stairs, “don’t get to close to them, alright?”

“Alright,” she nodded. These demons had tried to kill her a few days ago, she wasn’t about to get up close and personal with them. She wasn’t stupid enough to do that. But if N needed to hear her say it, then she’d say it.

“So you’re bringing your master here?” the wind demon asked, looking up, “after we just tried to kill her? Not a smart move, VIXX.”

“Shut up,” Hyuk scoffed, “those ropes are supressing your powers, you’d have to get right by Hyorin to do anything. And we all know that’s not going to happen while we’re here.”

“What brings you down here?” the wind demon asked Hyorin. He completely ignored Hyuk much to the dream demons irritation. Hyuk made a move to charge at the wind demon, but Leo held him back, muttering that he needed to calm down.

“I have questions,” she replied.

“Didn’t your demons tell you?” BamBam asked, “We’re not talking.”

“Why not?” she asked them, “do you not want to talk? Or is someone else making you not want to talk?”

She figured that maybe they were keeping their mouths shut to protect their brothers, but something about how the pair reacted told her it was more than that. They looked surprised, like she’d said something very important or something. She glanced at N who seemed to be having a similar train of thought.

“Are you keeping silent to protect your brothers?” he asked, “or is it something else?”

“Something else,” the wind demon sighed, “our master.”

“We’re forbidden,” BamBam added, “it’s in our contract. We follow our master’s every order and our master ordered us not to talk.”

N, Leo, and Hyuk shared a look. That sounded a lot like their old contract. The one they’d had before Daehyun burned it. The one that had fallen into the hands of Mr. and Mrs. Yoo. The contract that had originally been made against their will.

“Why are you saying this now?” Leo questioned, “why not before? Why are you only saying this when Hyorin is here?”

They’d been asking the pair questions for two days. Every question VIXX had asked was met with silence. Even Leo had started losing his temper with them. Now here was Hyorin and suddenly their lips weren’t sealed as tightly as before.

“Orders,” the wind demon explained, “we were told to ‘let that girl know who she’s dealing with’ by our master.”

“We follow our master’s every order,” BamBam told the group, but he was looking only at Hyorin, “our master has a contract with each of us. Even if you find one contract and destroy it, there will still be six others that tie us to our master. Even if one of us is free, there are six other who will follow our master’s every command.”

“Let’s go,” N said, looking over at Hyorin, “we’ve learned all we can from them.”

“Take her out,” Leo suggested, “get her mind off of this.”

Both had noticed the scared look on their master’s face. BamBam and the wind demon had indeed let her know just what kind of evil she was against. Hyorin knew what kind of people made that kind of contact with demons – the same kind of people who had tried to kill her mother and uncle. Knowing she was up against the same type of person scared her.

A/N: are BamBam and JB telling the truth? Or did they lie in order to mess with Hyorin’s head? Only time will tell what is truth and what are lies. Posting this way sooner than normal (the regular monday update will still happen, don't worry) becuase i've been doing a lot of writing for this story that past couple of days.