Chapter 43

Trusting Demons

Oh, Hyorin gasped as a massive bear walked out of the surrounding forest.

The bear paused, eyes locked onto Hyorin.

Get her out of here! Leo ordered, taking a few steps back, pushing his master and brothers in the process.

No, Hyorin breathed, brushing past him and walking over to the bear.

Hyorin! The demon demons yelled.

Hello, Hyorin greeted the bear.

Hello, the bear nodded, you…..are my former host’s child, correct?

Yes, she nodded, I’m Hyorin.

It’s nice to meet you, the bear seemed to smile, you remind me of him a great deal.

Really? Hyorin couldn’t fight back the proud grin at hearing that.

Yes, the bear nodded before turning its attention to the three demons standing behind Hyorin, more than a little shocked that the bear hadn’t tried to attack their master.

You’re friendly, Hyuk finally said, so why haven’t you come to Hyorin before?

Yeah, Hongbin nodded, why now?

I have my cave at the base of the mountains, the bear explained, I don’t leave it often. As much as a care for my fellow beasts, I prefer to be on my own. I don’t stray too far unless I have to and Hyorin has never come close to my cave before.

What made you leave? Leo asked, the shadows?

Yes, the bear growled, it appeared and I ran. If i had stayed......I have no wish to die yet.

Can you help show us the way to them? Hyorin asked, we need to get rid of them. I can’t use my healing powers while they’re here.

That is a problem, the bear nodded in understanding, alright, i will guide you. But once we get close enough, I am afraid that i will have to leave you. I cannot risk death.

We understand that, Leo nodded in understanding

The three demons and Hyorin followed the beast off towards the mountains. The trip was filled with all kinds of small talk, mostly the bear trying to learn more about Hyorin and the six demons who protected her – and him since he was sealed inside of her. Hyorin was happy to answer the bear’s questions, especially since it offered information about D.O in return. Leo wasn’t much for conversation in the first place, but he tried for the sake of his master. Hyuk and Hongbin were just as happy to provide information as Hyorin, but they also asked questions, wanting to know as much as they could about the beasts dwelling inside of them.

Here we are, the bear said, coming to a stop, this path should lead you right to the shadows. Leo, i would suggest that only you go down this path.

Why?” Leo questioned.

The shadows might try to hurt Hyorin if they see her, the bear explained, and they will attack your brothers. Since Hyorin can’t use her gifts within her own mind and Hyuk’s powers don’t work here, they can’t defend themselves. Hongbin’s powers will do you no good in this fight, the shadows feel nothing.

Alright, Leo nodded, i’ll go alone.

Be careful, Hyorin said, catching Leo’s arm before he could go too far, if anything happens to you......

I know, he nodded. With that, Leo walked away, leaving his master and brothers in the care of the demonic beast who had once lived inside of D.O.

Once Leo was are enough away, he raised his body temperature so high that the ground was left burnt were he stepped. If the shadows tried anything, he’d be ready. He couldn’t take any risks because if he didn’t remove the shadows no one else would be able to do the job. They would be left inside Hyorin and they could kill her. He would never allow for that to happen, he cared too much about his master to allow for anything to happen to her.

When the shadows came into view, Leo had to bite back a growl. Those.....things had almost gotten Hyorin killed. They had kept her from healing the wound she’d received from Yugyeom. If Jackson hadn’t come along with him and Ken to see what was going on......Leo didn’t want to burry another master, but he especially didn’t want to put Hyorin in a coffin. He probably never would want to see that unless in was in the coffin right beside her’s.

The shadows seemed to notice his presence and the inky black blob lunged right at him. Leo didn’t flinch, but the shadows sure did when it tried to touch him. The shadows drew back and Leo thought he might have heard it whimper in pain. Not that he cared, he was going to make it cry over and over as he burned it into extinction.

Leo walked over to the shadows, steps slow and purposeful, and it shrunk back, trying to avoid contact with him. Leo quickly grew tired of the game and just rushed the blob. The blob kept attempting to get away, but Leo was faster, grabbing whatever he could and burning anything that came into psychical contact with him. The burned parts of the shadows seemed to disintegrate into nothing and Leo noticed that there was less and less of the shadows left with every move he made.

However, things weren’t going fast enough for his like and he raised his temperature even more. Now, he didn’t even need to touch the shadows in order to burn them. He just had to get close and close was fine with him. The shadows felt.....gross. If he never touched anything like them again, he’d be more than happy.

Finally, the shadows were gone and Leo was left alone, panting out of exhaustion. He’d never used his powers like that before. Normally, he had his brothers with him so he couldn’t get that heated. Plus, his brothers were there to provide support so he wasn’t doing all the work himself.

All Leo wanted to do was pass out and sleep for a hundred years, but he had to go back to Hyorin and his brothers, tell them that the shadows were gone. That thought kept him walking back to them, even though his body felt completely drained.

Leo! Hyorin called the second she saw him, running over to him.

Got them, Leo whispered before passing out. He opened his eyes to find himself back in Hyorin’s room.

N was gone, as was Ken, and Ravi was sleeping beside Hyorin. For a moment, Leo panicked, wondering if Hyorin had heard his last words before passing out or not. He felt just as tired in the real world as he had in the dream, but he had to stay up to see if Hyorin and his brothers returned.

“Hey,” Hyuk yawned a moment later, slowly getting up, “hyung, are you ok?”

“Are you hurt?” Hongbin questioned, getting up himself.

“No,” Leo smiled slightly as he watched Hyorin open her eyes, “just really tired.”

“Then sleep,” Hyorin said, patting the empty space on her bed, “do you want me to try healing you? It might help.”

“Alright,” Leo nodded, curling up on the bed. His was asleep before Hyorin could do anything, but he was aware of a warm feeling rushing through his body that left him feeling more energized.

It had worked, Hyorin had her healing powers back.

A/N: YAY! Hyorin got her healing powers back!! Good work Leo!! One last reminder about the poll. Looks like it’s gonna be a VIXX harem right now, but *shrug* that could change between now and then.