Chapter 45

Trusting Demons

“So,” Rina asked, “what is the plan for our next move?”

“No idea,” N sighed, “we need to find another contract, but we have no idea where any could be hidden. Assuming that they’re hidden at all.”

“Knowing that woman,” JB hissed, “she probably has them on her right now. She’s just waiting for things to get boring and then she’ll give us a clue.”

“She’s playing games,” Jackson growled, “with our brother’s lives and I hate it.”

“But we can’t do anything,” Leo sighed, “we don’t know where she is, we don’t know where the other contracts are, and we can’t risk going out in case we’re attacked.”

“Some of us can’t go out,” Hyuk scowled, thinking back to earlier that day when N and Ken had dragged him back inside.

“I’m sorry, Hyukkie,” Ken said, patting the younger’s shoulder, “we just don’t want you to get hurt.”

“I know,” Hyuk sighed, “it’s not your fault my powers are useless.”

“They aren’t useless,” Hongbin smiled, trying to make his brother feel better, “we’ve learned a lot of useful things over the years thanks to your powers.”

“But I can’t use them to help anyone,” Hyuk growled, “I can’t use them to save Hyorin in a fight, or keep you guys from being hurt. I’m useless!”

“I don’t think so,” Rina spoke up, “you just haven’t fully evolved your powers.”

“Huh?” everyone turned to the half demon, unsure of the meaning behind her words.

Did she know something about Hyuk’s powers? And how would she even know something like that? Heck, if she knew something as important as that, why was this her first time mentioning it.

“I was just thinking about it,” Rina explained, “the power to enter a sleeping person’s dreams, to control them, is useless when your enemy is awake.”

“Yes,” Hyuk nodded, a scowl on his face, “I know that.”

“That doesn’t make sence,” she sighed, “why would a demon have a power like that? There isn’t any other power I know of as useless in a fight as that.”

“So?” Hyuk bit back a growl, trying to control his temper.

“I think you haven’t discovered the full extent of your power,” she told him, “I could be wrong, but I think that there is more to your powers then what you can do.”

“Really?” Hyuk asked, a flash of hope running through him.

If Rina was right, then he might be able to help protect Hyorin. Well, protect her better then he currently was. He didn’t think that he could suddenly become as strong as, say, Leo or Ken, but if he could just become a little bit stronger maybe he could finally be of use. Maybe he could save Hyorin instead of just watching from the side lines as his brothers saved her time and time again.

“But,” N frowned, “we’ve tried testing the extent of our powers before.”

“I’m sure you did,” Rina nodded, “but I think we both know that my training is…….much different than anything you can do.”

“Right,” N nodded, realizing that whatever training Rina had planned involved the demonic beast that lived within Hyuk.

Since entering Hyorin’s inner world, all six demons had started to feel a presents inside them. There were times N wondered if he could hear the beast living inside him. Leo had mentioned the day before that he actually had heard the griffin inside him. Well, he thought so anyway. Hongbin had also started having dreams that featured a creature that looked exactly like his beast form. Rina had been confused when they told her about this.

As she told them, she had never heard of a demonic beast making itself known to a full demon. Maybe VIXX’s beasts were making themselves known since they had no reason to hide. After all, VIXX knew everything now. Maybe when N’s beast finally came forewords and started talking to him, he could ask why the beast had selected him.

“Alright,” Hyuk said, “when do we start training?”

“Right now,” Rina said, standing, “we don’t exactly have anything else to do.”

The pair headed off, leaving everyone else alone.

“So what do we do?” Jackson finally asked.

“We can train with Hyorin a little,” Hongbin suggested, “we haven’t been working with her a lot lately, so we should get back into the habit.”

“Will she be up for it?” Leo asked, frowning slightly in concern.

“It’s Hyorin,” Ken laughed, “she’s always up for a little training.”

“I mean is she healthy enough,” Leo lightly smacked the sound demon’s arm.

“She should be,” N nodded, “I’ll go and ask.”

N quickly made his way to Hyorin’s room and found her sitting on her bed. He watched her sit there, in the meditative state she always entered when she was visiting the beasts sealed within her. He wished he could do that, that he could see his own beast. Even better, he could do what Rina could do and visit Hyorin in her inner world. As much as he would like to trust the beasts on her side, he didn’t think that they could hold of the dragon or the phoenix should they decide to attack her together. At least if he was there he could try to save his master.

“Would I be able to save her?” N asked aloud, hoping that his beast could hear him and would answer, “If I could enter her inner world under my own power? Well, your power.”

He heard nothing but silence.

With a sigh, N moved to sit beside his master. Without a word, he took hold of her hand and waited for her to return from her visit with her beasts.

A/N: k, so I’m curious: do you guys want VIXX’s beasts to start talking to them? And if so, do you want them to be able to talk to them the same way Hyorin can talk to her beasts? Let me know in the comments below. Oh! And good luck to Hyukkie with his training!! Hyuk fighting! Hope you all liked the cute little N/Hyorin moment at the end, even if it is a little one-sided.