Chapter 39

Trusting Demons

The six VIXX demons and three Got7 demons sat gathered around the living room in silence. Every now and then, N would look up and send a glare at Ravi and Hongbin who looked down in shame each time.

“N,” Leo finally sighed, “I already gave then the third degree.”

“They could have gotten her killed!” N growled, eyes daring the other to say anything, “Hyorin could have died and then what? What would we do, huh?”

“She’s stronger then you realize,” Jackson said, kind of regretting saying anything at all when N turned his angry glare on him, “that wound….maybe a few months ago it would have killed her. But now? Even with her healing powers sealed off, her demon blood was strong enough to keep her alive.”

“He’s right,” JB nodded, “and it’s only that strong thanks to the training she’s been doing.”

“That doesn’t make me feel much better,” N sighed.

“I know,” JB nodded, “but you need to keep things like that in mind when it comes to Hyorin now. She’s not weak.”

“I know,” N sighed, gaze moving over to the staircase, “I know.”

--

Hyorin sat across from the unicorn who was….not so much glaring at her but it didn’t look to happy either. Thankfully, she knew that she wasn’t the target of the creature’s anger.

I do not understand it, the unicorn growled, how could they have sealed off your ability to use my power.

I don’t understand it either, Hyorin frowned, Rina said that Nayoung shouldn’t have anything that can do something like this. That’s why I came here.

A wise move, the serpent spoke up from where it lay behind her, if any one might know how something like this could happen, it would be one of us.

So, Hyorin turned to face the serpent, you know how something like this could happen?

I have heard of something, the serpent nodded, and you said that the one who attacked you used shadow, correct?

Yes.

Then it must be true, the black wolf spoke up.

What must be true? Hyorin asked, turning to face the wolf, please tell me.

There is a rumor about shadow users, the unicorn explained, when they cut you with their shadows, a part of that shadow invades your body. It can do things to the person. Poison them, cut off their ability to use their power, or just kill them.

How do I stop the shadow? Hyorin asked, I can’t just…..let it stay here.

You will have to find it, the serpent explained, thankfully for you, we have felt its presence here. The exact location had eluded us, but it is here. However, you cannot go out alone to find it.

But I’ll have you there with me, right? Somehow, Hyorin didn’t think she would have the demon beasts there to help her.

We cannot get near it, the white wolf explained, things like that…..they are deadly to beings like us. At least, while we are inside of you, they are.

Then what do I do? Hyorin sighed, Rina doesn’t have any power here, right. At least, that’s what you said.

And I spoke the truth, the serpent nodded, she cannot be of help to you for this. You need someone who can melt the shadows.

Like how your body fights illness, the black wolf explained, and you have that.

Leo, Hyorin nodded, but I can’t bring him here. Didn’t you tell me that I can never tell VIXX or anyone else about all of this?

We’ll have to make an exception, the white wolf giggled.

Normally how these things are dealt with, the serpent explained, involved the shadow user being killed. I do not think I need to explain why we cannot do things that way.

The heat user’s powers might not be the only ones that you will need, the unicorn said, I would recommend that you bring all six demons here with you. I am not sure if all will prove useful here, but it is better to be safe than sorry, correct?

How would I bring them here? Hyorin asked, I know how to get here myself, and Rina knows how to get here, but anyone else? Not a clue.

Allow me to handle that, the serpent seemed to smirk, just call them to your bedside. I will do the rest.

Hyorin opened her eyes, no longer in her internal plain of existence. Honestly, she was so unsure of what to do that it wasn’t even funny. She knew she had to trust the demon creatures, but she wasn’t sure if they were making a right move. They had told her not to tell anyone! They made that very clear. And now?

Now she would have to tell them. It wasn’t like she could pass off everything as some crazy dream that they just happened to all have. Not only would they not believe her, but if she refused to tell they would go off in search of their own answers and that could not end well.

“N,” Hyorin finally called, trusting that either N or Ken would hear her, “could you come up here? And bring Leo, Ken, Ravi, Hongbin, and Hyuk with you please.”

She still felt a fair bit of doubt about doing this, but she knew she had to trust the demon beasts. If they said to bring VIXX to the internal plain of existence, then she’s just have to go along with it.

A/N: I….actually don’t have anything to say here. mind is kind of blanking right now.