Chapter 11

Trusting Demons

“Hyuk,” N asked the youngest, “did you find anything?”

“Kind of,” Hyuk frowned, looking at Ken’s sleeping form, “he said that he didn’t see anyone. They knocked him out right away. All he remembers is that he was leaving the alley and someone jumped to the ground behind him. They knocked him out before he could turn around. He said he might have seen red, but that might have been because of the knock to the head.”

“But he’s alright?” Hongbin asked, earning a nod from the dream demon.

“He said that it was a demon,” Hyuk told them, “he could feel their power. From how fast they attacked him, he thinks that maybe this demon’s power had to do with speed. He isn’t sure, though.”

“Good job, Hyukkie,” N patted Hyuk’s shoulder, “now sit and rest. You were in Ken’s dreams for a while, so you’ve got to be feeling tired, right.” Hyuk nodded, fighting the urge to yawn as he dropped into the empty seat beside Leo, resting his head on the elder’s shoulder. Leo patted his hair gently shifting a little so Hyuk was more comfortable.

“Any idea when he’ll wake up?” Ravi asked. He knew Hyorin wanted to ask, but she felt too guilty to say them. He didn’t understand why she felt so guilty because it wasn’t her fault, but Hyuk and N had told her as much and it hadn’t done any good. Why would Ravi saying it make a difference? When Ken woke up, he could tell her an maybe she’d listen to him.

“A few hours maybe,” Hongbin shrugged, “maybe longer. At most, he should be awake by tomorrow. They did a lot of damage, so it’s best that he’s sleeping through the pain.”

“We should patrol the area,” N said, looking out the window, “and someone should keep watch tonight.”

“I’ll keep watch tonight,” Leo offered and the others nodded in agreement.

“Hongbin,” N said, getting up, “stay here with Hyorin and Ken. The rest of us will scout the area.”

“Alright,” the empath nodded as everyone left, “be careful.”

“Don’t worry, hyung,” Hyuk smiled before leaving, “we’ll be extra careful.”

Once it was just Hongbin and Hyorin, silence descended upon the room. Hongbin could feel how upset she was and felt helpless to do anything about it. He could always manipulate her emotions, but doing that without permission always felt wrong to him. Especially when he was manipulating the emotion of a master who treated him and his brothers well.

Hyorin got up and moved into the seat beside Ken’s bed, the seat that N had been in a few minutes prior. Sitting there, she watched as Ken slept, chest rising and falling with every calm breath he took. Her mind recalled that when she and Hyuk had found him, his breathing had been very labored. It was a comfort to know that he had to be in better condition now if his breath was better.

At the same time, Ken still looked pretty beaten up. His face was still sporting bruises as well as a few bandages and his torso had been bandaged after ointment had been applied to the cuts there – well, what was left of them after Hyorin healed the majority of the gashes. His head had been wrapped up and his arms had a few dozen Band-Aids on them to cover the cuts. His legs probably looked similar, but since they were hidden under the blankets and sleep pants she couldn’t be sure.

Hyorin gently took Ken’s hand. Glancing over at Hongbin to make sure he wasn’t going to try stopping her, urging her to rest and not drain herself, she focused on healing Ken. Starting with the hit he’d taken to the back of his skull, Hyorin then moved onto his chest, healing the cuts hidden by the bandages. It wasn’t until she started on Ken’s arms that Hongbin realized what she was doing and pulled her away.

“Stop,” he frowned, “you’re going to hurt yourself.”

“It’s my fault, though,” she countered, “you and I both know that the demon who attacked him was after me. Healing Ken is the least I can do to make up for getting him hurt.”

“Ken hyung isn’t going to blame you for this,” Hongbin told her, pulling her out of the room and down the hall to her room, “it’s not in his nature to blame people or hold grudges. Besides, it’s our job to protect you. If that means getting banged up like that, then so be it.”

“That just…,” she just shook her head, trying to understand how it was so easy for Hongbin to say that.

She didn’t understand how the six demons could be so willing to fight for her. How could they get hurt like that for her and not be upset? It just didn’t make sence to her. It wasn’t like they were that close either, so that made this dedication to protecting her even stranger.

“Hongbin,” she finally said, looking up at the demon, “can you tell me a bit about yourself? And your brothers.” Maybe if she knew about them, she could understand why they were so willing to fight for someone like her.

“Sure,” Hongbin smiled before cocking his head to the side and starting to ponder where to begin, “I think I’ll start with our powers and beast forms.”

“Alright,” she nodded. That wasn’t what she’d had in mind, but it was a start.

“Ok,” he smiled his big, adorable smile complete with dimples, “well, N hyung power is invisibility, but you haven’t seen his beast form, have you?” she shook her head. “He turns into a hell hound. It’s actually kind of terrifying the first time you see it. All black fur and bone tail. Can’t forget about the chains wrapped around his body. Oh! And his legs become nothing but bone about half way down. And his lower jaw is just bone, too.” Hyorin tried picturing it in her mind and shivered. Hongbin was right, that was a terrifying mental picture. (A/N: of course I give the most creeptastic beast form to N of all people lol)

“What about Leo?” she asked.

“Leo hyung can control heat,” Hongbin explained, “like he can raise his own body temperature super high and then melt anything he touches as a result. His beast form is a griffin, but you know that already.”

“It fits him,” she nodded, “what about Ken”

“Ken hyung turns into a lynx,” the empath replied, “and he works with sound. He can send off sound waves or he can amplify the sound of things around him so that he can hear them better.” Hongbin was about to use an examples, but thought better of it. After all, it was for the best that he didn’t tell Hyorin about spying on her mother back when VIXX was still controlled by the Yoo family.

“Ravi?”

“He creates illusions,” Hongbin got up, leading her to her room when he noticed how tired she looked, “but it’s really draining on him. Even after two thousand years, he still can only keep an illusion going for a few minutes without getting exhausted. His beast form is a fox.”

“That really fits with his power,” she smiled slightly, “and you and Hyuk?”

“I’m an empath,” Hongbin pointed to himself, “so I can feel other people’s emotions and manipulate them. Personally, I think my beast form fits my power pretty well.”

“What’s your beast form?”

“A dog,” he told her with a proud smile. Personally, Hongbin really liked his beast form. “Hyukkie can enter people’s dreams and manipulate them however he wants. You’ve seen his beast form, so you know what that looks like.” He paused, taking in Hyorin’s appearance, “You look sleepy, so go to sleep, alright?”

“Alright,” she nodded, wanting to argue but too tired to do so, “wake me up as soon as Ken wakes up though.”

“Deal,” Hongbin gave her one last smile before she closed her bedroom door behind her.

A/N: Hongbin and Hyorin are bonding!!! And a bit of information about VIXX’s powers. If anyone is still confused, just ask me. Thank you for ever subscription, comment, and upvote <3 they all mean a lot to me