Chapter 25

Trusting Demons

Before N could launch into a rant about how Ravi hadn’t respected his orders, Hyorin had rushed forewords and hugged him. The second she felt N hug her back, she started crying once again. She might not have killed Youngjae, but she could have. Her powers had gotten out of control and she could have done a lot worse than what she did.

“Let’s go to your room,” N said, gently petting her hair before turning to Ravi, “and we’ll talk about this later.” Ravi just nodded, ignoring the flash of jealousy he felt upon seeing Hyorin go to N for comfort.

N silently lead Hyorin to her room. He waited until she was sitting on her bed to say anything, watching as she grabbed one of her stuffed animals and hugged it tightly. It broke his heart to see her so upset. It also made him incredibly mad at Ravi. Hyorin wouldn’t even be in this state if the illusion demon had just followed orders.

He said to stay at home. He told Ravi to keep Hyorin inside where it was safe. But the illusion demon hadn’t listened. Now Hyorin was a crying mess. N knew something bad was going to happen, he just knew it. Why did his gut have to be right?

“What happened?” N finally asked.

“We ran into one of JB’s brothers,” Hyorin said, explaining everything that had happened.

“You’re lightning powers activated?” N clarified when she finished talking, “and you zapped Youngjae?”

“I could have killed him,” she said, shoulders shaking as she tried not to cry again, “I thought I had.”

“It probably happened because you were tired,” N tried to console her, “if you were at full power, your control wouldn’t have slipped.”

“That doesn’t make me feel better,” she whispered.

N felt like chopping his neck like he did to his brothers when they misbehaved. Of course knowing that her control only slipped because she was tired wouldn’t make her feel better. It probably just made her feel even worse.

“Maybe it was just time for your lighting powers to activate,” he tried again, “like puberty. We can’t control when it happens, it just does.” Given, that wasn’t his strongest argument, but it got a small laugh out of Hyorin so it was worth it.

“I’m scared,” she said after a moment, her smile fading back into the sad expression from before, “I’m scared that I’ll lose control again and kill someone.”

“I’m not going to let that happen,” N assured her, “I’ll always be here to make sure that nothing hurts you and that your powers don’t get out of control.”

“Really?”

“Really,” he nodded, “I promised I’d protect you from anything and everything that could do you harm the day I met you. And again that day those bullies ganged up on you at school. And I’ll promise you again right here and now. I’ll never let anything hurt you.”

“Thank you,” Hyorin smiled slightly, throwing her arms around N and hugging him tightly.

“Now get some sleep,” N told her after a few minutes, pulling away from her, “You have school tomorrow and you need to be fully rested.”

“Night,” she smiled and N left, thinking that he’d calmed her down and that everything would be fine now.

He was wrong. Well, not exactly wrong. Just not completely right.

The second N was out the door, Hyorin pulled her knees against her chest and fought the urge to cry. Even if N said he’d always be there, she knew he couldn’t always be by her side. Same with his brothers. One of these days, she’d be alone and her powers would get out of control. She’d hurt or kill someone and have to live with that guilt for the rest of her life.

She hated that she couldn’t always control her powers. Was she really that weak? How could her fathers have had such amazing control over their powers while she was just…….so pathetic. Did she have to work harder? Was that it? Then she’d work her off training with N, Ravi, and JB. But what if that wasn’t enough? What if she still wasn’t strong enough?

“Hyorin?” she turned her head to find Hyuk and Hongbin standing in the doorway, “are you alright?”

“Yes,” she faked a smile only to have Hongbin frown at her.

“Don’t lie,” he said, walking closer, “I can feel your emotions, remember? I know that you aren’t ok. I know that you’re really upset.”

“Let us help,” Hyuk smiled hopefully at her, following after his hyung, “please.”

Hyorin nodded and the pair got into bed beside her. Hongbin took hold of her left hand and started working on calming her down. Hyuk took her other hand and waited until she fell asleep so he could manipulate her dreams so that she didn’t have any nightmares.

“Thank you,” she smiled slightly just before she fell asleep between the two demons who smiled back. The pair wrapped their arms around her, forming a human – more like demon – shield around her, before they too drifted off to sleep.

--

“I should make a move soon,” a shadowy figure said, looking down at the boarding house, “Nayoung has already started messing with that girl’s head.”

Slowly, the figure – a woman – descended from the sky, landing on the road in front of the boarding house. After fixing her hair and cloths, she started walking toward the front door. She didn’t know exactly how she was going to be received by Hyorin’s demons, but they would need her help so their reactions to her didn’t matter.

Besides, she was ready for a fight if they decided to attack her.

“Hello,” Yong Guk smiled upon opening the door, “Welcome to B.A.P Boarding House. Would you like a room?”

“My name is Lee Rina,” the woman replied, “I’m a half demon like your niece.”

A/N: Lee Rina? Another half demon? Oh my goodness! This is an interesting development, huh? plus, fluff!