Chapter 9

Guardian Angels

 

The district basketball game already end last night, Friday night. Your school basketball team came as the 1st winner. It was a pretty unfortunate winning for you, since Min Yoon Gi didn’t get the MVPs title this year, Seo Kang Jun did. You asked permission to Jin, as the boss, to let you off when the basketball games are still on. Being the understanding boss, he let you off, so did Suga since he is the starting line up on each game. You, Jeongkook and Jin Hee came to every games of your school basketball team, regularly cheered for them. You loved that Suga played until the final games. The most interesting part from regularly cheering the basketball team is Suga will just automatically run to you, jeongkook n Jin Hee once he got out from the changing room then four of you would take bus together. There’s no specific thing to do in Saturday morning. After you finished cleaning your room, cleaning the house, washing the dishes, wiping the floors, helping your mom prepare some foods and snacks, you sat on the floor of your room then comfortably laid your back on the walls while reading some comics. So let’s say you cleaned your room to mess it up, again.

“ let’s go noona

You looked up to your door only to see Jeongkook laid himself in your door. He dressed up fully like a model, completed with a black red snapback. Oh and also with his bag in his back. Looking at how he dressed, it seems like he is going to go anywhere. You didn’t remember you promised to go anywhere with him tho. You titled your head a bit since it’s getting stiffened because of the stagnant position while you focused on your comics.

“ I didn’t remember I promised to.. “, you were doing self-mutter when suddenly your wrist caught up by Jeongkook. His strength to pull you up successfully made you stand on your two feet. You tried to balance your standing position from a very sudden pull up he did to you.

“ let’s go first “ he said as he cleaned your floors from the scattered comics on it. He stacked one comic with another then put it on your desk. He did it repeatedly until your floor clean from comics then he stood in front of you. You just finished tied your hair into pony tail when he smiled proudly, facing you. You looked totally dumbfounded by his sudden offer to you .

“ where ? “ you asked as he simply answered, “ Daegu “

You put a small sigh, travelling to Daegu is a bit tiring. Usually, you will spend a night there if you really had to go there. It has been a long time for you not coming there. When your dad still with you and the whole family of Jungkook were still together, two families will have a great weekend there. It was few years ago. Eventho it’s tiring, recalling some sweet memories back then succeed at forming a soft smile on your face.

Jungkook smiled as he looked at your soften reaction. “ cmon prepare yourself, don’t think about the transport fee, etc I have prepared everything noona.” He is still steadily standing in front you. You almost asked him about your mom’s permission when he suddenly said, “ the aunty already said yes and.. “ he paused before you asked your next question, “ we will come to some places then go back home so no sleepover there “ his smiles follow after. You just amazed at how he answered all of your unspoken questions.

“ weird punk,need space to change, go “ you turned your body from him to search for the proper cloth after flashing a slight smirk. Jungkook left your room when you started to mess your cupboard.

Jeongkook hold your hands all the times even when you both on the bus which you started to feel uncomfortable with.

“ y—a.. lemme go “ you slowly pushed his hand off from yours. His hand slides off easily from yours. He peek your annoyed face a bit then form a smirk. He knows you were going to request for his hand to off but he just waited until you said it.

“ here.. “ he said as he decreased some gaps between his shoulder with yours. Your shoulder slightly bumped into him. “ you cant stand hours trip right? I lend it so you can sleep ti—ghtly, noona”, he said as he tapped his shoulder which bumped into yours. Frankly said, you started to feel sleepy once you just sat on the bus seat. You can imagine how long will the journey take and suddenly you felt your body like all tired. You just didn’t notice that you just yawned when Jungkook just smiled looking at you who quietly yawned beside him. He still treated you like he used to. Whenever you are with him in a long trip, he will just lend you his shoulder. Being a high schooler you, now, you started to feel like actually it’s your job to lend him a shoulder to sleep on.

“ no .. it’s better that.. “

You almost said to him your idea but his hand already moved faster than your words. He softly pushed your head to his shoulder then kept it there by holding your other side of head. “ ja—sleep tight “ he said as he your hair softly. He knows well how your hair that way will drive you faster to the dreamland. His came on repeat like a lullaby. You felt how slowly but sure you were going to drifted off to the dreamland when suddenly.. ,” do you wanna talk to me ? “

A so familiar question, but you need to confirm it by your own eyes. You forced your eyes to open in slanted to see a flying guardian angel right in front of your eyes. Being you who half sleepy, you aren’t too surprised by jungkook’s guardian angel who suddenly appear flying in front of your eyes. After confirming that it was jungkook’s guardian angel, you decided to just close your eyes and continue your convos with him.

Yes please you answered through your mind. As we all know, guardian angels can hear your thoughts. Why couldn’t I see my own guardian angel ? you asked. Actually you really are curious of why you cant see your own.

“ hmm.. well, because it’s created that way ? “ he sounds hesitant but he keeps going with his words, “ even if you can see it, it’s not like she is going to talk with you if she didn’t get the order” he chuckled. Yeah, you got the point angel..then about Suga’s accident few weeks ago, can you tell me anything ?

You can hear his humming before he answered your question. “ just like what you ever said, it was meant to be that way, glad that Yoon Gi-ssi is a pretty bright friend “ you can hear him chuckling, again.

“ my time is short to talk with you, do you want to know anything else ? “

You thought deeper this time. You don’t want to waste this chance which may be the only chance for you to talk with Jungkook’s guardian angel.

Ah ! is jungkook really can watch the future ? you asked.

 

[]

Jungkook told you when you were just a freshman in junior high school that he could see the future. From that time he was being so incredibly annoying in your life. He keeps on telling you this and that about you. He would make you meet some choices which actually you don’t think about if only he didn’t reveal the future to you. You definitely believed he just saying crap until then there’s a big accident happened to taekwondo’s bus team in junior high school. There was his best friend, Geuk Seung Hyun, who decided to go into summer camp with his taekwondo’s team. Since Seung Hyun is Jungkook’s best friend, he is your best friend as well. Jungkook just went to the bathroom when you decided to just leave him then bid a nice trip to seung hyun. It’s better to only lose one jungkook than one jungkook and one you, that’s why you decided to just left Jungkook behind to finish his stuffs. When you just finished wishing him a great trip, jungkook was running as fast as possible. He rushed to Seung Hyun’s front. Weirdly, he put both his hands on each of Seung hyun’s shoulders which also lead him to get confused with Jungkook surprising act. Jungkook scanned his bestfriend’s face for too long when the guy in front of asking, “ hey, what’s up ? “ he smiled to Jungkook.

Jungkook looked a bit terrified which also turned you panic a bit. You shook his shoulder slightly. He turned his expression calmer by showing his soft smile on with his eyes still scanning through every part of Seunghyun’s face. Seung hyun only smiled back as he saw Jungkook’s smiles then playfully spoke like an army who was getting enlisted, “ I’ll leave now “ he saluted you both then turned his back to run into his bus. Sometimes in a while he turned his back, again, to wave his hand to you and Jungkook. Once the buses are all left, Jungkook fell down sat on the ground. It was like all his power is leaving his body and almost taking away his soul.

“ I – I tried to see Seung Hyun’s further future, but.. “ he stopped, his face looks so terrified, “ I cant” he suddenly sobbed. He sobbed even harder that you pull him closer to you. His body was shaking hard. You tried to calm his down by his back. You really want to say thing like ‘stop talking nonsense you stoopid punk’ or ‘ look you acted like this again’ and all the harsh words you could say but looking at him like this, you started to feel terrified as he did, you guess. Instead of saying those words you keep whispering, “ everything is okay, he will be okay, he is just doing a summer camp, he’ll be okay “ as you put some cheerful tones in it, tried to lift up Jungkoook’s mood. There, the next morning, we got the news that the bus got crashed. The most terrifying fact was it’s only seunghyun’s bus who got no survivors while other buses are all okay with some lil scars on their skins. You were crying all hysterically on Seung Hyun’s death ceremonial when Jung Kook looks like those people who walked like zombies. He only walked, bowed then left. You got your sense back when you saw Jungkook walked passing you. If he really could see the future, this must be as hard for him. You ran to Jungkook who sat under the tree in front of Seung hyun’s house where usually three of you joking around after school.

“ I can see the future but I cant stop the death “ he spoke softly. “ I ever tried to stop the death once but the god reminds me that I couldn’t “ he said, now hung his head low to his leg.

“ even if I told him not to go, the death will find its way to him at the decided time “, his voice sounds a bit shaky that you put your arm to wrap his back shoulder then leaned your head on his hair. “ I hate myself when I cant see someone’s future “ he now hit himself, scolding himself like a madman.

“ s – stop it jungkook “ you tried stop him moving wildly. You covered his fisted hand which almost he punched to his own chest. He cried, even way more hysterically than you were. You his back and pulled him closer to you. “ it’s not your fault, it’s no one’s fault “

Since that time, you never questioned his ability in reading future but keep telling yourself how coincidentally things happened with what he just said . All the things he said are all true. While holding that ability, it doesn’t automatically turned Jungkook to tell you things about your results in anything. He was always acting like keeping the whole world in balance by keeping some things as secrets so people will keep on doing their bests. He will just remind you about this and that which might happen in the future and how you might feel about the upcoming future. Just like when he said there’s a quiz which you will be in a great loss when you missed it. He didn’t tell you about whether you will get a good score or not which he would never want to answer.

How? is jungkook really can watch the future ? you asked, again. The guardian angel of Jungkook smiled as he did well up until waiting for you asked at the second time then do the answer. He blinked which looks incredibly adorable while he was doing thing written on the note, “ no. he isn’t “

With that answer, he back focus on his note. That means, you couldn’t ask anything anymore to jungkook’s guardian angel. When they are scheduled to talk then it’s an exception.

If you think about things happened in the past, you started to mind Is Jungkook’s guardian angel sure that Jungkook couldn’t see the future ?

[]

 

 

 

 

Almost 30 minutes passed when you just sat on the bench crossed the halte bus you got down. Jungkook slept on your lap. The condition is pretty cloudy which means no heat will greet Jungkook’s face. We sat together on the bench while you keep on his hair. He asked you to his head so he could swat the bus lag he claimed. You called his name many times even a hum didn’t slip from his lips. He is really sleeping, peacefully. It’s not like your lap getting some cramps it’s just time is getting flow away with you and jungkook stopped at the same place.

“ jungkook a.. are you still asleep ? “ you asked in whispered as your fingers running through his strain of hairs. He hummed means he is awake. He opened his eyes slowly in front of you. His smile slowly is growing as he saw you still at your place. He loves seeing the wind blew your hair and how your fingers are still running on his hair. He loves the air around you. He loves you.

You looked down on your lap then realized that he already stared on your face. He wasn’t taken a back even you caught him staring and you didn’t find it weird as you caught him staring. He blinked then moved a lil means he is going to sit straight. You put your back leaning on the bench as he is going to sit.

“ haa- h it’s refreshing .. “ as he sat straight then let you stared at his back.

He repositioned the way he sat to the normal one which let his back laid on the head bench. He leaned his back while placed his head on your shoulder and let his hair being blown by the wind. Slowly you can feel a weight being added on your right shoulder. He let his head laid on your shoulder, you can feel he moved a bit to make himself comfortable. You just let him be. He never felt so relax like when he slept on your lap or when he just laid his head on you as you remember. He always looks like those person who had many things in his head which he hardly tell others.

You just felt he’s a bit wavering. You had no idea whether he was quietly sobbing or quietly laughing until you can feel a drop of liquid fell on to back of your hand. You turned your head, Jungkook’s hair kinda interrupt your focus on your hand which definitely right under his head, as you can see it’s cloudy and strangely you can only feel a drop of water falling on your hand. It’s definitely not a cue of raining. Is he crying ?

You can smell his shampoo as you keep on feeling things keep dropping to your back of hand, which you assumed it’s tears. “ w—why are you crying ? “ you asked softly through his hair as your left hand which can move, went to his ear on the other side. You tried to just wrap his body and soothe him calmed.

“ because I am missing Seunghyun.. “ he answered in a difficulty as at the same time he tried to muffled his sobs. You his side, trying your best so he could calm down. “ we are now walking another 2 years without him “. His words suddenly shattered your heart. When you just recalled the scene few minutes ago, weirdly it seems like he also did the same. You moved your shoulder where he laid his head on which automatically up from it. Once he locked his eyes with you, you cupped his head with your palms on each side of his cheeks. You have done keep questioning whether he could see the future or not. Just when you started to believe that he might be really could see the future, his guardian angel said he isn’t. You know one thing for sure, you need to tell him what’s in your mind.

“ listen you punk, I am done thinking about whether you really could see the future or not,” you stopped as you keep looking to him through his teary eyes,” all the things happened in this world, whether it’s bad or not don’t be too bothered by it. You still have to enjoy your life. Live happily and especially taking a good care of yourself.” You started to feel down as you felt that you can’t be like his guardian angel who can be wherever he is. He is one of your precious persons in this world, You just wished deep down that he stay healthy and always be happy.

You felt your hand covered by his as it gets warmer. He put your hands down with his and playfully rubbing his thumbs on the back of your hands. “noona.. let me tell you something,” his eyes shifted from your hands to your eyes, “ I may see the future but I cant read your mind “ he smiled.

“ since I am not a mind reader, the thing I will always do is listening to you and never gets tired of it”, he added. You smacked his head a bit, couldn’t really register how could he flip his mood easily in some seconds. You could hear him flinch then chuckle.

“ thank you noona

You gazed to his side when he thanked you since you felt that nothing to be thanked about. He turned his focused back to you after gazing the cloudy sky.

“ I think I am growing mature easily because of you, “ he stopped his smiled when he realized that your expression started to change, “ well getting mature not in a bad way, I mean. “ he rubbed his under nose a bit felt bewildered that you might think he grown mature in a bad way. You giggled. You know exactly his words mean.

“ I know you punk” you claimed then stared to the cloudy sky above you, “ I am just a tiny lil part of who you are now, many things happened around you and they gave you much more than me “ You smiled as you started to think IF he really could see the future how tiring it’s for him as well. Looking at other’s bad and good things, looking at others unfortunate things. How hard it is to overcome looking at many unfortunate things with his soft side personality.

trust me noona every lil thing happened in life could change the future “he just finished his line when suddenly a good car stopped in front of you. The good car one. A guy with nice attire stepped out from the driver seat with a sunglass on. Jungkook suddenly stood up then you can see a bright smile from his face.

“ Oh Myung Soo you’ve came ! “ he said as he hugged the guy in attire then moved with him to your front, “ Kim Myung Soo, my best friend in Europe “ he introduced. The guy who is being introduced now is slightly bowing.

“ Myung Soo, this is my perfect noona, Shin Seul Chan “

Actually you can feel your cheeks growing hot, feeling shy because of Jungkook’s silly introduction of you. You replied myung soo’s slight bows.

“ so what are you doing here ? “ Jungkook asked as he is facing the myung soo.

“ back to Europe, of course “ myung soo’s last word seems like it’s a question rather than an answer in your ear.

“ anything bad happened in Europe that you came here to take me with you now ?? “, Jungkook asked as he started to look like a worried man.

“ e – e “ Myungsoo answered which made Jungkook turned his focus on you. You can feel what’s coming up next from his lips. Could it be… “ I think I have to go now noona “ Those words sound like a cue to myung soo so he back to his driver seat, leaving the both of you together.

“ w—what ? you will leave me here ?”, you wished a no came from his lips when he only put a please understand my condition expression on him, “ alone ? “ you added, assuring whether he really gonna leave you here alone.

“ cant you take me back at least to home before you went to the airport ? “ you keep on asking and Jungkook answered, “ we’ll go with heli near here, he already prepared everything, sorry noona

He hugged you then whispered, “ and no. you wont be alone. Suga hyung will arrive anytime soon “ which left you confused. He is back to his straight standing position in front of you then smiling like a fool.

“ w – what do you mean ? “

“ Suga hyung will come anytime soon to accompany your trip “ he added when you can see a bus stop crossed the street.

“ I’ll go now, stay healthy noona” he said after messed your hair a bit, slightly jogging to the car. You can only see Jungkook and the car left you,alone.  After feeling a bit miserable inside, you turned your body to the bus stop across the street to be greeted by Suga who covered his hand on his pockets then lifted his head to you, who stood across the halte bus. Just like shooting a drama with Suga, you widened your eyes as you realized Suga recognized you. In such a distant, reading Suga’s lips isn’t a hard thing for you. You even can hear his voice clearly when the fact is he didn’t let any voice slips through his throat. You can clearly see and hear him calling your name.

Shin Seul Chan ?