Chapter 12

Guardian Angels

The station seems crowded. Things you couldn’t forget is how Suga’s mom repeated about changing the lane then went to East Station then take KTX to capital city when you forbid them goodbye. You walked beside Suga, a step behind. He is busy searching for where to enter the first train. You just smiled amusingly at his figure, eventho you also had no idea about where to enter the first train to change lane. You both bought the next train ticket so you could search for it comfortably, not in a rush to minimize the probability of getting lost together. You looked at how his right hand grabbed the tickets tightly.

“ Ah – Uh there !! “, he said cheerfully as he fasten his steps. You just followed his movements with your eyes. He turned his body when he felt that you didn’t follow him. He caught you staring, blankly, based on his opinion when actually all the times, you stared at his back. He sighs as he looks at you who walked slowly so he decided to walk in to your direction. He walked to you seems like an imagination that your eyes still on him when he also did the same. When his hand took your hand with no hesitant, everything suddenly seems so real then when he dragged you with him you realized that everything is real. “ why are you so slow”, he complained while he tightened his hand around yours.

He didn’t even let your hand off even when both of you already entered the train. The train seats are full that’s why you both are standing. He keeps muttering ‘changing the lane’ under his breath like it was some spellbound. You can’t help but let your smile flashed. Such a kid. You thought in mind. You keep blushing madly whenever the fact hit you hard that he got your hand, glad you got a scarf which covered your neck and closed your ears. His hand on yours perfectly melted the cold weather around and also your heart. Since he keeps it cool with his fingers are still slipped perfectly between your fingers, you decided to play it cool as well. He keeps dragging you with him except when he bought the second train ticket which will direct you both to East Station but then he took it, again.

In the second train he said that it’s better to just stand up since it’s only take 10 mins then you both can hurry hurry to buy the KTX ticket. You stood right beside him with his hand still wrapped on yours. When you stole a glance to see him, you can see how his guardian angel shook his body a bit that he stumbled. You widened your eyes, surprised then caught his arm when his body successfully bumped into a girl who stood on his another side. You can hear him mumbled that actually he felt sleepy. When he got back to his normal standing position he said thanks to you and you just nodded since you tried to cover your blushing cheeks but then he slowly released his hand from you. It seems like he realized that something fell off from the girl he bumped into.

“ Sorry .. “ he said as he already knelt on his knee as he saw some books are around. You peeked as you also see the girl is taking the books earlier than Suga. You almost helped when both of them already stood normal and Suga ready to pass the books he could gather.

“ here “ he said as they exchanging glances, scanning each other face.

“ Min Yoon Gi ? “

“ Han Soo Wan ? “

They asked in the same time just like how they started to smile at the same time. Now they both are comfortably standing face to face.

“ so how are you ? “ the girl which known as Han Soo Wan asked. You just stood behind Suga, silently overheard their convos.

“ I’m fine, how bout you ? “

“ I am also fine, as you seen “ she giggled once she answered Suga’s question. You could see her in a flash and she looks adorable. She sounds so smart from the way she spoke to Suga. Her laughs sound so nice to hear like a melody even for you who just met her.

Soo Wan saw you stood behind Suga and pretty closed which she concluded that Suga must know the girl behind him. She shifted her eyes a bit pointed to your direction behind him then you can feel how Suga moved his body a bit. You can be seen clearly from her point of view as now you can see her full profile. She has good body, not too skinny and totally look like Fujii Mina, a Japanese actress who once casted in We Got Married Global with Lee Hong Ki.

“ My friend, Shin Seul Chan. Seul Chan, this is Han Soo Wan “ as his hand pointed to Soo Wan’s direction once he finished her name. Soo Wan flashed a smile then bowed her head and you bowed as well, as replied. She shifted her eyes teasingly to Suga when Suga’s eyes fell on her.

“ if it’s not friend, stop introducing as friend “ she smiled, teasingly which caught Suga taken a back a lil.

“ really a friend tho “ you added as you pressed the word ‘friend’ when Suga actually almost added the same thing. It’s better if you are the one who added it than he is, based on your opinion. Listening those words from Suga is just pretty hurt your pride, it sounds like being rejected even before a confession.

“ a—ah sorry “ she said naturally put her hand over her lips just like what any other people did whenever they just said a wrong thing while her other hand keeps the books well.

As if he doesn’t want any misunderstand things could be taken by Soo Wan, he started to start another conversation. It’s like he kicked you out from their convos. You looking at her, as you mind she’s pretty, could it be she’s his another crush?  As you meronged his back.

“ ex- girlfriend” as if someone can read your mind and you started to look around. You sneaked peek from Suga’s back to Soo Wan’s shoulder. As if a signal of I can see you, her guardian angel said again, “ Soo Wan is this guy ex-girlfriend”.

[]

 

 

Suga and Soowan kept talking about their elementary and junior high times which you couldn’t interrupt at all. You busied yourself with your phone and didn’t even bother to talk with Soo Wan’s guardian angel. When few minutes earlier he kept you under his tight grip, now he totally left you behind which made you feel sad. They kept talking until the train stopped. Soo Wan excused herself as she needs to go to her grandmom’s house and you both are going to take KTX train in East Station. After she forbid a goodbye, just like a natural act, you walked in front him and didn’t even look back. You felt betrayed. It’s true you aren’t his girlfriend but couldn’t a friend feel like being thrown away from his act earlier? Without you could even notice, your steps are getting faster. You can hear Suga’s steps are trying to catch yours. He said as he followed you from behind, “ woah.. why suddenly being  Seul Chan bolt? “ he asked as his chuckles followed.

You felt more hurt when he didn’t realize that you are angry. That’s how your steps are getting faster. Suga flashed a smile as he caught your arm to stop you.

“ I’m sorry “, he said, “ I am sorry, Seul Chan ssi

Suga knows you felt betrayed and alone when he talked with Soo Wan until the train stopped. He knows you were pissed off once you walked away from him. He just couldn’t help but keep playing cool with your acts and acting along till he believed that you both still got some times to spend together. He doesn’t want to kill time alone in KTX and in the bus on your way home since he planned to accompany you till you safely arrived at your home. You shrugged your arm which he slowly let go, pretended that you are going to use some fingers to scratch some itchy parts under your nose.

“ what for ? “, you asked as if you have no idea about anything.

“ about leaving you played your phone alone in the train”, he smiled, “ ah hey she’s an old friend of mine, nothing I can do about that “ he said as he moved his body, stood beside you.

Old ex-girlfriend, you mind as you shifted your eyes to his direction. Strangely he felt amused by your sudden killer glare to him. He kept his smile on even after you glared at him.

“ Buy me tteokbokki then.. “ you pointed to a car which had placard ‘tteokbokki’ on it. You can hear a hum for too long then you added, “ it’s okay I can.. “

“ sure ! “ he said, cut you off as he dragged you again by your hand. You followed his steps then you both stopped in front of the seller.

“ 2 cups please “ he ordered. His fingers slowly slipped off from yours when he took his wallet from his pocket. Once in a while he turned his face to you to flash a smile when you both are waiting.

“ here “

The aunty gave him two cups of tteokbokki as he ordered. Both of you sat on the bench near the tteokbokki car. When your cup is half empty, he put some to your cup. “ eat a lot “ he said as he continued to eat his. This time when you almost stood up from your seat, he called your name.

“ a.. “ he offered his tteok from his chopsticks, ready to put it on your lips once you opened your lips. You opened your lips to feel how he put it softly on your tongue then immediately chew it. He took your cups then threw both of your cups together to the dust bin.

“ you don’t like spicy foods ? “ you asked after you gulped the last amount of water from your water bottle then placed the bottle into your bag. You fix your bag’s position as you waited for his answer. Both of you are ready to step in to KTX.

“ no “, he simply said as his eyesmile following behind,” I really like spicy foods” he put different tone in ‘really’. You eyed him, confused.

“ then why did you share yours with me ? “ you asked, ready to fix your scarf then he snatched your hand away. You followed him again this time as now he offered you to sit. Once both of you are comfortably sitting beside each other, he said, “ this time will take 30 minutes and I don’t wanna get cramps “

Once he finished his words, he turned to see you again with his arms crossed in front of his chest. “ is it bad If I share things I like ? “, he asked. You shook your head as you answered no. He goofed a smile as he continued, “ that’s why I shared you my tteok” as he laid his back now on the KTX’s body. You pretended like you continued your previous act which interrupted by him earlier, fixing your scarf. You looked at KTX’s window with your serious expression like in difficulty to put the scarf right when actually you think over Suga’s words earlier. He shared his things with you. You felt like flying into the cloud nine.

Suga felt guilty because his previous act towards you when you both on your way to East Station. That’s why this time, he doesn’t let you enjoy your time alone. He kept the convos going on between you. You even asked him about his music life these days. He was pretty surprised that you heard about it. Like reading you a biography of him, he told you about his dreams. Biography book sometimes is a boring book to read when this isn’t happen when Suga story telling about his. You listened to his words and replied in each of his jokes. You glad that Jungkook left you today. It’s like he gave you a lot time to dig more about Suga which is true that you really know nothing about him these times. He still stored those million charms with him.

You already felt so sleepy when you both just sat on the bus seat. Your head is bobbing many times because you are so sleepy. In no time, you already drove in your dreamland. As you sleep, you can smell such a manly yet sweet scent around you. You can hear your lips let out some words but you don’t really hear them fully.

“ Sugar, I..  “