Chapter 7

Guardian Angels

 

The night is getting higher when you and Jungkook decided to sit together in balcony. As predicted, your mom really welcoming Jungkook happily. She was as surprised as you when she heard that he transferred to your school. Your mom asked why he chose to be transferred back here when it’s already good choice to go study in Europe, he answered that he is so worried about you. He answered it with big smiles that you and your mom took it as joke and your mom added what should be worried about you.

“ here.. “ you gave a cup of tea to him then sat beside him.

“ thanks noona “ he replied then started to ship it then put it back on the round table in front of him.

“ why did you do a part time job, noona ? “ he finally asked after he eats all his curiosity alone.

“ because I want to earn money to play ? “ you jokingly answered. Your mom still able to pay your school fee and living costs which actually you don’t need to do a part time job but you did it actually just to earn lil money to play and at that time you just want to get closer to Jimin. But now, you had done your interview with Jimin’s guardian angel, it’s still hard for you to go away from the part time job now. Yes, Suga is the only reason you stayed. You got a lil bit closer to Suga because of the same place you shared for part time job. You are happy to see him walking from the this table to that table, you love to look at how he smiles while talking with the customers, you love to look at his serious expression whenever he made coffees, whenever he counted the stocks, whenever he wore his aprons. You love looking at him making jokes and playfully talking with V, Jimin and Jin. You just love how he tried to make any interactions with you when there’s a chance. You just love looking at whatever Suga does but you would never be able telling anyone about your ulterior motive.

“ I ve told you to just tell me if you need any money right noona ? “ he turned his face to look at you. You automatically turned your face as well when jungkook’s gaze fell on you. You smirked then said, “ then you will send me your mom and dad’s money ? “, you giggles a bit then ship your tea.

You put your tea then back to see jungkook’s eyes. He looks pretty annoyed now.

“ I have my own business now, noona “ he looked away, “ I wont send mom and dad’s money to you..” he added. You keep staring to Jungkook’s face as you surprised by his confession, about him having his own business in his very young age.

“ I promised to you that I wont be those kids who make their parents worried, I also promised you that I wont be lying to my parents about anything, you want me not to be those rebellious kids and independent right ? “ he turned his face again to catch your eyes, “ I keep my words “

“ then tell me, are you doing yours noona ? “

You held your breath for some seconds and tried to manage your expression so you wont be like a caught mouse. His eyes still on you when yours are pretty wavered because of his sudden question.

“ since you are in the same class with Park Ha Na “, he crashed his eyebrows then turned his expression worried. You widened your eyes then stuttered, “ h – how did you know ? “

“ well, I went to your class earlier to see Ha Na there before walking to behind the school “ he calmly answered as his hand gestured here and there explaining situation.

“ you aren’t being a bad girl right noona ? “ he asked as he recalled how a girl told him about Seul Chan is an evil . Things he knew are how his noona was loved by everyone.

You gulped hard at how jungkook’s questions easily hit some points. You didn’t try to cover yourself, waiting for jungkook’s words for more. You know you are being scolded by jungkook now.

Jungkook let a long sigh from his lips. He hung his head low with both of his elbows stayed on his thighs. “ I have said it right, attending same high school with Ha Na would never be a good idea.. “, he lifted up his head after messed up his hair a bit. He turned his face to see you again, “ and with this part time job. Are you still doing good with your school noona ? “ he tried to press his voice so he wont hurt you.

You wont forget about things you promised to Jungkook since you asked him to promise for things as well. You know how you didn’t keep one of it but you still did well at another. You promised him two things. First not to be a bad girl then second is keep studying well.

“ w—well part time job has nothing to do with anything .. “ you almost covered yourself when you are getting cut off by his words.

“ then you will miss time to study, noona .. “

“ well I – I am still doing good at school tho “ you turned your face from Jungkook’s gaze. You don’t really like showing off like that, saying that you are still doing well at class, at your scores, indeed. Jeon Jungkook widened his eyes he heard your confession. A smile slowly but sure formed on his face. He loves when you are being shy, when you said that you are still doing good. He knows that showing off isn’t your style.

“ oh really ? “ he tried to sound surprised as you still not looking at him but nodded slowly and awkwardly.

that Ha Na still isn’t able to beat me “, you added as you feel like going to bury yourself deep down to big hole. You didn’t like to show off but if you didn’t say these things, Jungkook will definitely keep scolding you.

You felt how his hand on your hair now then messed it up a bit which made you peeking him to see his expression now. He is smiling. “ I am proud of you, noona.. “ he compliment as suddenly your shoulders deflated. You didn’t notice when it started to stiff because of jungkook’s sudden investigation.

You formed a smile as well on your face as your hand moved to slightly pinch his cheek which clearly made him shock.

“ I also proud of you, punk

He smiled as he rubbed his cheek which just pinched by you. He turned his body sat properly then took his cup again. You stared at his side profile. He really much changed. He looks so incredibly growing up now. His chubby cheeks have changed and you can see his strong jawline. You just wished that jungkook’s appearance will lead some lucks to you. You are a bit worried because of the fact which wont change that he ever ask you to date him once. You didn’t think it a waste that you already fallen for Suga when Jungkook confessed his feelings to you. For you, Jungkook is your family, your precious lil brother.

[]

 

 

Jungkook resisted to accompany you till your class which definitely you rejected his offer. Jungkook huffed when you both stopped in front of his class. You bid him good bye then continue your walk to your class. When you just arrived at second floor, you are greeted by Suga’s appearance. He stood coolly in front of school board, reading something. You walked closer to him then focused to object he also had focused on. It’s a basketball school competition poster.

“ a—ah “ you nodded as you got it why he was so focus.

Suga would never know there’s a person beside him if you never let out any words. He is just too immersed in it. He turned his face to the source of voice which is on his left. He smiled as he knows it’s you then turned his focus back on the poster to read the rest which he still missed.

“ are you going to join this competition again ? “ you asked as you moved your hands to your bag straps. You can see from your corner eyes that he nodded.

“ yeah “ he smiled then he turned his face to look at you again, “ do you know I joined this competition last year ? “ he asked as he surprised that you know about it. You scolded in mind then tried your best not to say anything which could make him suspicious about anything.

Sure you know he joined last year. You didn’t even miss any of his matches. You always came to support your basketball team, because he was in it. Your school won the game. You also know how Suga held the MVP’s cup proudly. You couldn’t forget his smiles that time, his proud eye lights. Yeah, Min Yoon Gi is the MVP. He is the MVP last year and the celebration last year was no joke since it’s been a long time this school got the MVP’s title. The thing which made him even popular that time is he was still a freshman.

“ y – you are the MVP right ? “ you still pretended like you read the thing on the board when you actually don’t.

“ a – ah yeah “ he smiled then turned his focus back on the board as he recalled that era, when he touched the MVP’s cup. He smiled as his body burnt again with his wills to win another MVP’s title and to win the basketball again in this district. You turned your face to Suga’s direction. You can see how his eyes turned sparkling. You smiled as you can feel his competition spirit on again. You passed his back as you made your way to your class then whispered, “ fighting, MVP”  and coolly left him behind.

He turned his face. His eyes following your back while you are walking to your class. He smiled because of your slight support.

[]

 

 

Jungkook didn’t forget how you told him to wait in front of the second floor’s school board if he wanted to have lunch with you. That’s how he ended up running from the time when he heard the break bell rang happily walking through the stairs. He stood patiently as his eyes keep looking at your class front. He really wont missed when you just stepped out from you class. But he just had no idea how you are faster than him when it comes to break lunch. Sure he missed you, but he still didn’t realize it. He keeps on looking on students who are going out and in to their classes but he didn’t see you. Still standing in front of the board, Jungkook started to feel bored. He took out his phone then text you.

Jungkook just lifted up his eyes when he looked at the girl who told him that you are evil. He cant help but keep standing there waiting for your reply. He also cant help but accidentally listen to the girls talks.

“ yeah… the contest is on.. “ the girl with pink hairclip on her right side hair, said. That girl is definitely the girl who said that you are evil and Jungkook just couldn’t help but remember her well.

“ are you planning to join that contest again ? “ the girl in front of her, asking.

“yeah “ the pink hairclip girl answered cheerfully. Jungkook took a good look at her then decided to walk closer to the girl.

“ Hi noona, do you remember me ? “ he greeted. The two girls are looking at each other, confused. The girl in pink hairclip widened her eyes as her memory is pretty good.

“ a – ah ! you are a guy who searched for Ha Na right ? “ she said, “ w – what do you want now ? “ she stuttered as she recalled what she did in front of Jungkook yesterday then how she grasped the situation that he was angry at her.

“ well, you have a pretty good memory noona, “ he complimented the girl before he continued his words, “ I accidentally listening to your conversation noona.. “

“ I wont ask you to believe me but.. “ he purposely paused before continued his words, “ I can see the future and noona will just be a great laughs for the audiences if noona participated. Not participating will be the only good choice left for you, noona “ he said in warning tone as he pressed the good word.

The two girls stood in disbelief. Especially the pink hairclip girl as she minded that the guy in front of him just tried to threat her because of her yesterday’s words. As if Jungkook heard her words, “ well, I am just saying what I know as a payback because noona kindly told me yesterday that Seul Chan noona is an evil “ he shrugged then left the two girls in puzzled as his patient slowly got away by the winds. He walked passing the girls restroom then he bumped you there when you just got out.

You rubbed your head as it bumped hard with Jungkook’s chest. Jungkook also does the same to his chest. You lifted your head and almost cussed but automatically stopped because of jungkook. He cringed in pain.

“ ah noona! “ he still with his expression in pain on.

“ a – are you okay ? “ you walked closer to him as your eyes running around his body to check it up, “ a – anywhere hurts ?? “ you asked in horror as you touched his back.

“ nothing hurts “ he stood straight now as if he never bumped to you then he laughed playfully. “ lets go ~~ “ he laid his arm around your shoulder then moved you closer as he dragged you away with his power. You cant help but following his steps as you rolled your eyes many times looking at his childish side.

“ you forgot right that I wait for you in front of school’s board ? “ he asked coolly.

“ ah ! “ you tapped your forehead as you really forgot that you asked him to wait. You peeked from under his jaw as his eyes looking at you down, because of difference height, “ I forgot, really “ then you giggles.

Jungkook pretended like he was going to hit you then you closed your eyes. You only felt he messed your hair a bit then you opened your eyes again as he said, “ I know “ then he smiled.

[]

 

 

You opened the basketball indoor room slowly. You skipped math class after lunch to look at basketball team’s training. As predicted, Min Yoon Gi is in the team. You sneaked in to the basketball room then looked at some players are freely playing there. Some of them playing 3 on 3, some are just practicing the dribbles, some are practicing the shoots, lay ups, 2 point shoot, 3 point shoots skills are can be seen there. You took some place in the corner to see them training. The basketball trainer asked them to stop practicing then took time to rest around 30 minutes then get back to their class. It’s still few hours to go before the school dismissal time. Slowly, almost all of them went from the room. 2 of them still stayed and as expected, Suga is one of who stayed. Suga was dribbling here and there, coolly. He flight to the air as he did the lay ups. The sweats, the smiles, the dribbles, the runs, all of him made he looks incredibly shining. His figure when he played basketball is definitely worth watching. Skipping class is really worth it. You had no idea how your smile is on your face all the times.

brakk ! “

You widened your eyes as you witnessed the situation. You are running toward Suga’s direction. The heavy stick beside the basketball ring is strangely fell !! You can hear Suga cringed in pain but rather than helping Suga, you pushed the guy who almost helps Suga moving the stick which lay on one of Suga’s left foot.

“ y – ya ! what are you doing ?? “, you asked. Instead of looking at his good intention, you yelled to the guy who stood in front of you. He looks completely confused because of your sudden reaction when he just wanted to help his friend.

“ I am just trying to help my friend ! “ he pushed you out of his way as he walked to Suga then moved the stick. You turned your head looking at the guy who tried to help Suga standing then you also walked beside Suga to hold one of his free hands.

“ w – we should go to the health section now “ you said words which the other guy also knows so well.