Chapter 5

Guardian Angels

 

You slow down your steps as you felt you have already far away from Suga, Jimin and Ha Na. You felt your power already leaving your body, taken by anger and fast walking. Suddenly your left hand covered by unknown hand. You lifted your eyes to see the owner of the hand. There you can see Jimin, smiled hesitantly, “ you don’t hate me right, noona ? “ He tightened his hand around yours. You can only smile looking at his childish act. Like a cue to him, he dragged you to follow his steps.

“ here “ he gave a you a bottle of banana milk.

“ thank you “ you said as you push the straw in so you can drink the milk. The fresh and sweet taste of banana milk took over your system.

“ noona.. you know that our hyung regret what he did to you right ? “ he took a glance to see you. You gulped once more before you replied, “ oh he did ? “ mocked alike words slip your lips easily.

Jimin chuckled hearing your words. He knows you are mocking his hyung but he cant help but smiling looking at your childish act. He nodded many times as replied that suga did regret thing he did.

“ our hyung is a really nice guy noona.. he is a really good hyung “ he smiled. His eyes wondering like recalling all the memories he had with suga. Suga is always being a good hyung to him since they met for the first time in the city. Just by looking at how Jimin speaks about Suga, you can feel it that Suga is a really good guy. For suga, having a guy who is younger than him, to keep his image steadily good, without he asked that person to, wasn’t that… awesome ?

“ that’s why don’t hate him.. “ he turned his face to see you who now is wondering your eyes as well, looking at every corner of the field in front of you.

“ well… “ you shifted your sight for a glance to Jimin then continued to wonder your eyes around, “ I don’t hate him. “

“ I just don’t like him.. a bit “, you added, followed by Jimin soft chuckles.

“ because he defended Ha Na noonim ? “ Jimin playfully asked. To be honest, he got the point but wouldn’t it be too obvious if you just answer yes right away ? You just let the silence keep wrapping around.

“ I like you, noona “

You spit a bit after you heard his confession, the real sudden one.

“ a – are you okay ?? “ he started to tap your back, slowly. You throw those questioning expressions to Jimin.

“ well I like you because you are nice noona.. not ‘other’ like “ his clarification came right away. “ well, I really like you noona .. hehe  and also Suga hyung.. so yeah.. I don’t want two persons that I like fighting each other “ Jimin smiled. Suddenly he stood up from his seat then offering a hand to help you stand.

“ Let me accompany you home, noona “

“ aww, forget it.. I can get back home alone.. “

“ do you want to talk with me ? “

You shifted your eyes when suddenly his guardian angel closed his book then smiled to you. You widened your eyes. Finally, this chance came.

“ noona ? “ Jimin waved his hand in front of your face as you being too hypnotized by his guardian angel which started to talk to you.

“ ah.. it’s lovely to be accompanied by you ! “ you suddenly chirped as your thought suddenly felt bright by his guardian angel who smiled brightly to you.

Jimin kinda confused by your sudden reaction when he just said that it wouldn’t be good for a girl to go back home alone but looking at how your arms linked to him and the way you dragged him to move, enough to just shrug off his confusion. He keeps on moving with you till the bus stop. You made so many talks with Jimin. His guardian angel told you one of the reasons why he got the good luck is because he has those nice live with him. He always does good deed in his life. That is one of many of things he did for life. When you get down from the bus, your talk with Jimin’s guardian angel also got stopped so you can focus on talking with the person Jimin. After your talk with Jimin’s guardian angel, you just cant let go your eyes from Jimin. He looks even brighter. He looks like those children with no sins.

Jimin really accompanied you till you safely arrived at your home. You even introduced him to your mom as your part time friend. Your mom thanked him many times for accompanying you back home. After few minutes talked and tea times with your mom, you bid him good bye to your house’s gate since he told that he will be okay walking to the bus stop alone. That’s how one of your days ended in another day.

[]

 

 

“ is Seul Chan inside ? “ you lifted up your head as you notice someone is searching for you. There you can see Suga nervously made a way to your place. One thing which flatters your heart more is how he didn’t even turn his face anywhere but straight to you. Jin Hee who noticed the scene, decided to just look at how things will progress. You let your eyes fixated at yoon gi who stood nervously in front of you. He rubbed his nape, hesitantly forming a smile which is totally cute for you.

“ so .. I .. “

Suga almost said one full sentence when suddenly someone shouted your name from front your class. “ Shin Seul Chan, chemis teacher called you ! “

You have a heart that you didn’t leave Suga on the spot but standing in front of him first to make an eye contact so you can excuse yourself. Being the Suga who still with his guilt feelings toward you, as if he got your eyes meaning, he said, “ oh.. well.. lets talk later “ he smiled then moved from your way. You passed him and made your way to the teacher’s room.

The school dismissal bell just rang. Suga left his class faster than usual and stopped in front of your class then searching for your figure only to be caught by Min Ah.

“ frequently seeing your face around my class today, who are you going to meet with ? “ Min Ah’s words distracted Suga’s eyes. He focused on the figure in front of him. When he almost answered the question, Ha Na appeared beside Min Ah which automatically turned him to slightly bowing to Ha Na’s direction. Ha Na smiled then replied his slight bow.  

“ eum.. gotta meet Seul Chan .. “ he smiled while stealing a glance to see Ha Na. Ha Na who clearly got the guilt in Suga’s heart, caught the situation fast.

“ Ah.. you just missed her for some seconds, she already left.. “ Ha Na added information to him. Suga really amazed by her nice understanding at him. He tightened his grip on his bag straps then cheerfully said to Ha Na,” aww thank you soo much Ha Na ! “ he smiled, waved his hand a bit to Ha Na.  Ha Na replied his waved then told him to be careful on his way.

Suga saw your figure when you just entered the bus and he got in on time.  Since the bus is so crowded, he couldn’t make a way to you or to get closer to you. He entered the bus from the back door and you entered the bus from the front door, he can only see you from afar.

You entered the bus at the same time with a granny and a boy who is clearly younger than you. There’s only a seat left which only can be seen by those who entered from the front door. That’s how you, the granny and the boy can see at the same chair. You really have no intention of sitting on the seat since there’s a granny but being an younger boy, he fasten his steps so he can arrived faster on the seat when all people can clearly see how the granny also made her way to sit there. You made your way to the younger boy who already took a seat and tried to sit comfortably.

“ ya. You don’t wanna move from there ? “ you asked in your cold tone as you tried to show your anger towards the boy but you pressed your voice far from being too high. Making crowded in public places is just not your style.  

“ you cant see that this granny need the seat more than you ? “ you crossed your eyebrows now. “ move here “ you pointed to the standing space between you. You leaned your body closer to the boy’s ear “ you unmannered boy, I can just report this bad behavior of yours to your homeroom teacher. Do you think it’s hard for me to find out which class you are in ? “ you started to threaten the boy since you see he wore the same jacket with you from your high school. The boy started to throw weird looks to your direction then stood up slowly then made some steps away from you. You walked closer to the granny and asked her to sit.

“ sorry granny, my brother is a bit tired so he sat there for some seconds to let his body relax.. now, please enjoy the seat since he got his energy back already.. “ you managed to smile to the granny who looks a bit annoyed few minutes ago because of the boy attitude.

“ I am really sorry, granny.. “ you keep muttering those words while guarding the granny to her seat. You held her hands as well to keep her walking steadily inside the moving bus. You bowed to her many times then at the end you can hear she muttered an it’s okay. You felt the responsibility to take care of this matter since you the younger boy came from the same school as yours. You just suddenly had the urge to cover him because he is your junior at your school. When you just made your way to walk a lil behind the granny’s seat, you looked up to see the boy’s figure. One thing which made you suddenly surprised when you see Suga is also there, few steps behind the boy. He smiled at you but you pretended that you didn’t see him. Simply wishing he didn’t witness all the things just happened when he definitely did.

You get down with suga. Well, you got down first followed by Suga. He still tried to gather all the courage he already had in the lunch time earlier but he lost it once he stood behind you. He keeps his steps steady, just like yours until you both entered the coffee shop. The scene is a bit weird for V who arrived at the shop earlier than both of you and Suga.  

You just finished changing your uniform to your part time job uniform only to be greeted by Suga. Your eyes happened to meet his awkwardly and you just left it away. When you almost passed his way, ready to go help V in the middle room preparation, his voice stopped you.

“ Shin Seul Chan.. sorry ..”

You just stopped at your spot didn’t bother to turn your face to see him.

“ I don’t know what to say except sorry.. I am really sorry for yelling at you.. “ he sounds so ridiculously regretting all the things. You didn’t wanna laugh though. You really took a good understand why he yelled at you yesterday. It’s the payment of being annoying, you guessed.

“ I’ll treat you dinner tonight.. how ? “ Suga knows he needs to talk more with you that’s why he came up with this dinner thought. “ the place, the menu I will make it all up to you, how ? “ he asked once again.

You actually surprised by his offers but hey, dinner with Suga.

“ I’ll definitely forgive you after the dinner.. “ you replied, as cold as possible.

“ oh yes please “ he smiled satisfied by your answer, “ okaaay it’s time to worrrkkk “ he tapped your shoulder then leaving you behind.

[]

 

To avoid the awkwardness between you and Suga, Suga asked for your permission to invite V as well which you agree immediately. You don’t wanna feel turned all red like tomato alone, heart beating faster alone when Suga only there twogather with you. V will be a great help for you and your mind state.

All the foods are already served in front of you, Suga and V. You really did as told by Suga, eat whatever you wanna eat, as much as you want to eat. You also gave privilege to V so he also can order whatever he wanted to eat. Any kinda seafoods, noodles, everything could be found in one big table in front of the three of you. Suga really didn’t care about the bill later. He just wanted to make everything up to you, besides he enjoys the eating together time like this to be compared by all the times he had in life. Eating together with those who you care about, who you are close to with is precious time ever in the whole world. He even felt it’s a waste that Jin and Jimin couldn’t join this late dinner time.

Three of you already getting busy with the foods served. You took your plate, V and Suga as well.  The three of you are so lost with the foods which already served. Suga served you well. He keeps on helping you getting the foods which far from your reach. He also offered this and that food which you wanted to eat. V smiled slightly looking at how Suga served you in front of him.

Hyung, you look like noona’s personal assistant “, he chuckles.

Suga keeps munching his foods when he heard V’s words. He took V’s words as cue for him to take some foods then placed it on V’s plate.

“ o o o .. what is this ? “ V is questioning while letting Suga put that and this food in his plate.

“ eat a  lot.. “ Suga answered while keeping his mouth full.

You who heard V’s words started to feel uncomfortably shy beside Suga but you tried your best not to be flying too high.

“ do you want to order this again ? “ he asked like whispered to you. He is holding the plate which already empty. To be truth, you really love to order the food which placed on that already empty plate. You just finished placing food to your mouth then let the spoon stuck between your lips then nodded. Suga smiled because you look too cute just a lil child now. He smiled then ruffled your hair.

“ okay .., ajumma here please ! “

You felt like burying yourself in a deep hole. Just by his slight touch on your hair, just by messed it up a bit. Suga is a warm person. You can feel fall season through his existence.

[]

 

 

“ ah ~ I m full !! thank you hyung ! “ suddenly V bowed 90 degrees in front of Suga which is replied by his eyesmile and he pat V’s head like his own puppy.

 “ yeah, next time you do the treat “ he playfully respond which replied by V’s weird reaction. V let out his weird laughs after.

“ ah noona ! what about you, going home alone at this time ! “ he widened his eyes.

“ I’d love to walk noona home but it’s just… I got things to do first, will it be okay ? “ his eyebrows went center. His pleading yet sorry face looks so cute.

“ I can go home alone.. “ you smiled.

“ no no  no you cant ! “

V turned his face to see Suga who is focusing on his phone screen since few minutes before. Suga who felt V’s gaze on him, lifted his head up to throw his confused expression into V. Suga heard every conversations but he loved to be look all innocent. After putting such a confused expression, he turned it to his typical eyesmile.

“ I’ll walk her home “ he simply added.

“ Jimin keeps texting me and warning me to get her home .. how irritating .. “ he ruffled his own hair then put his phone to his pocket.

You froze on your spot. Those you can be deadly nervous and super awkward situation imagination rushed to your mind.

“ w – why would you ! “ your tone sounds like rejecting Suga , “ I could go back home alone ! “

“ no no no.. I’ll go with you .. “ he walked closer to you, “ if you didn’t want me to be close with you then I’ll follow you like a stalker from fa – ar away behind your back so no one would notice that actually, I walk you home, okay ? “

V is agreeing by nodding many times. “ yeah noona.. it’s not good if you go home alone.. in this super late time.. “

Actually, Suga’s ‘how irritating’ word disturbed you. You were happy when he said that he will walk you home but then.. his how irritating ruined everything. It means he didn’t really wanna walk you home, but forced to walk you home. Your hesitant face made V let his another words slipped, “ if you don’t want Suga hyung to accompany you noona, I'll walk you home “ he smiled.

Suga and you know exactly that V had his things to do right after he left his part time job. He already late enough because of joining the late dinner with you and Suga, to be added with accompanying you home.

“ no no no.. I am okay with Suga “ you smiled to V. “ you need to go now, right ? just go .. “ you added and gestured your hand which permit V’s leaving.

“ no. noona and hyung leave first .. “ V put that stern looks on him. “ just go on.. “ V pushed you a bit. You walked in hesitant but then keep your steps steady alone. Your steps followed by Suga. V is still watching from the back then asked you both to be careful. After few steps away, still in V’s view range, you stopped your steps then turned your body to see Suga. Suga which keep aware by your steps, also do stop his steps. He raised his eyebrows then curved up his lips, made perfect expression of what happens?

“ let’s walk together,” finally,  you said after keep those thought awhile in your mind,” it will be look strange if we walk like this especially in a quiet street.”

Suga smiles grow in his face once he heard your words. He nodded excitedly then made his steps to you. Once he stood beside you, he turned his face then smile even wider. You took deep inhales then put a long sigh after looking at his expression. It’s not like you hate it. You just prepare and calm your heart down. You need to keep maintain your heart beats normally for next few minutes.

“ let’s go “ you turned your body first to be followed by Suga.

The night wind blows mercilessly today. Suga put his hands on his pocket to keep his hands warm at least, same thing happened to you. Sometimes suga steps are just a bit faster than you so you can see how his soft hair are being blown by the wind or how his body shivers a bit because of sudden strong wind. You didn’t even notice how your smiles are formed automatically just by looking at Suga’s slight movements.

“ why do you strongly reject my accompaniment offer? do you hate me so much ? “ he suddenly asked then lower his head. Suddenly he looks like a boy who cant do anything. He looks pretty sad, how his shoulder deflated and how he didn’t look at you while asking.

“ you said it’s irritating right. Since it’s irritating, it must be tiring for you to accompany me back home” you said in an offended tone. You don’t hate him. Well, sometimes, especially when he defends Ha Na. It’s because of his words that you don’t really wanna be with him.

“ if it’s irritating then you can go back now, I can go back home alone!” suddenly you threw the tantrums. Well, you also had no idea why suddenly you feel angry. Suga words just now triggered things which is well kept few minutes ago in your heart.

Suga took your hand when suddenly you walked faster than him. He remembered how you left him, Ha Na and Jimin yesterday. If yesterday, he still had Jimin to run after you, today it’s only him. He just got your forgiveness so if he let you go and disappear before his eyes, it means creating another untold fight between you and him. His grip which automatically stopped your steps then turned your body to see him.

“ sorry.. it’s my fault for letting the irritating words slipping my lips,” he let his grip off from circling your wrist, “ Accompanying you isn’t an irritating thing, it’s jimin texts which unstoppable being irritating. It’s not you. Being worried is okay right ? I am worried that’s why I did this.. “ , he added as his eyes didn’t leave your eyes to convince you.

“ sorry okay.. “ his eyes pleading which you cant help but just keep your lips shut then hung your head low. He took it as your forgiveness is already on his hand.

“ let’s go now.. else you’ll be arrived even more late  “ He offered as he wait for you to make your steps first. You got his cue so you make your steps to be followed by Suga.

Just few steps away, Suga started to speak again. This time is about how he witnessed you as a granny hero inside the bus.

“ you actually a nice girl.. I still don’t get it how you are so cold toward Ha Na” he keeps walking as his mind still trying to connect some thread between what he saw in the bus and how you love to do bad things to HaNa.

“ is there.. “

“ I don’t wanna listen about HaNa, can we just stop talking about her? “ you request nonchalantly. You really don’t wanna listen any of his words about HaNa.

“ah okay” Suga hurriedly pressed his upper and lower lips as he heard your request. After that, he didn’t say any words. The bus stop still needs pretty long way to go. As the silence suddenly wrapped between you and Suga for more than five minutes, you took a glance to see Suga. He can feel your eyes on him so he also lifted up his eyes.

“ yes ? “ he asked when he sees your questioning looks.

“ you were so annoying few minutes ago.. “ you simply shrugged then continue walking after stopped awhile. Suga followed you then caught your steps.

“ well, I m afraid I will say anything which will offend or make you uncomfortable “ he smiled weakly. Suga noticed how his words never felt good in your ears this far. That’s why he tried to keep whatever rushed in his mind.

Once you heard Suga's confession, your heart felt dropped. You made him feel that way. You didn’t realize it when you are just selfishly speaking what’s on your mind.

 “ just say it “

“ what ? “ he asked.

“ whatever you wanted to say .” you answered which followed by he shook his head slightly.

“ we could end up fighting “ he chuckled, “ and I don’t wanna create any fight with you after having the dinner together “

You can see from the edge of your eyes how he formed his eyesmile.

“ no,” you said,” I wont be angry or uncomfortable with your words, promise” you added. Silly request, you know it exactly but walking in silence with Suga. It’s far from your imagination earlier. Moreover, you don’t wanna make the guy you like felt not being himself beside you or keep anything while he was beside you.

“ no no no.. I wont be caught in your trap “ he playfully said.

“ what do you mean ? “ you asked, confused. You didn’t set any trap though.

“ you said you wont but you will, for sure.. “ he chuckled.

“ I said I wont .. “

“ see ? you raise your voice “ he chuckled as he pointed thing you didn’t notice.

“ well, it’s because you didn’t believe me “ you started to feel annoyed.

“ see ? “ he playfully pinpointed it.  

You stopped your steps then pouted. You closed your eyes for a while then opened it to see Suga there also stopped few steps in front of you, smiling.

“ see .. “ he raised his index fingers to point at your direction. You put a long sigh. Suga is kidding and you need to stop getting feel annoyed. You walked to his direction then stopped in front of him.

“ I sa~id I di~dn’t “ you playfully saying by playing the tone between your words then stuck your tongue out then left him behind. 

After made your first step, you just realized that you did something silly. Acting all cute like that in front of Suga, what I am searching for ?? you scolded yourself in mind as your cheek started to feel like burning.

Suga stopped awhile, felt dumbfounded, tried to collect his thought back after he looked at your cute act. He smiled. He just loves this side of you much more than when he saw you did thing in front of HaNa. He actually feels envy of Jin, Jimin and V who always play and talk cheerfully and comfortably in the coffee shop. He felt aroused by your cute act attack. He smiled proudly as he realized that you also comfortable while talking with him. He walked faster to your side then playfully nudged your elbow.

 []

 

 

Suga is on his way to have his lunch when suddenly he saw some girls gathered around one specific part of the corridor. Being the playful Suga, he walked closer to the area to see things better. He saw a boy there, which is new face to him, stood in front of a girl from his class. He can feel the tense is unknowingly high through the boy’s straight eyes to his friend. He asked to a random girl about the boy then she answered that the boy is looking for Shin seul chan. He just formed an O then looked straight to the front again with the feeling of something isn’t right with the boy. So he decided not to leave yet. 

The girl nodded ,“ yeah. Shin Seul Chan “ she said then smiled teasingly.

“ our noona, you said our noona is an evil ?? “ the boy raised his voice as the girl suddenly widened her eyes then let her crossed arms fall to her side. The boy already formed fisted hands from few times ago when he felt offended.

“ who are you searching for again ? “ Suga tried to calm the situation, as if he didn’t witness the whole scene. He walked closer to the front so the guy can see him better.

The boy turned his face to see Suga. It seems like suddenly his anger is wiped away by Suga’s sudden question. The boy blankly answered Suga’s question, “ Shin Seul Chan. “

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

[]

thank you so much for your comments and love for this story :) please do leave comment so i know about your thoughts on this story :)