Chapter 11

Guardian Angels

 

Suga just opened the gate by himself then you both come into a not really big but not also too small house since it has a mini fish pond and some flower garden before you greet the door to the living room.

“ I am home “ Suga said as his hand opened the door’s knob. You can see a woman in her 30s looked in a rush then stood right in front of Suga, he didn’t see her presence since he just hold the door to welcome you in. Suga smile appeared once he realized his mom stood in front of him which then he abruptly ran to hugged her. You stood right behind Suga while the door is right behind you. Suga whispered things you couldn’t hear well when his mom keep his back, softly with her smile still on her face.

They broke the hug then his mom peek to your sight, “ so.. this’s ? “ she asked while waiting for Suga’s further explanation. Her motherly smile didn’t even disappear when she looked at you. She didn’t really scanning you from head to toe, just focused on your how should I act pose which you didn’t feel comfortable at all.

You keep forcing a smile on your face until Suga said, “ Oh, my friend, Shin Seul Chan.”, which totally it sounds like he forgot your existence there behind you.

His mom eyed him playfully, “ oh.. friend.. “ she spoke in teasing tone then shifted her eyes to you. You bowed then introduced yourself. You managed to flash a smile then said, “ Shin Seul Chan, mam.. “ Her mom replied your bow then came closer to you.

“ Come in “, you are under her guiding hand now while her eyes are on Suga then asked,” you must be missing the taste of my foods right ? let mom make some “ She smiled when she saw Suga nods repeatedly like a happy child. Suga let some spaces away so you and his mom can pass his front then he can follow behind. His mom let you sat on the living room which looks so traditionally lovely. The living room designed with floor covered by warm carpet then you can find mini table yet enough for full dishes menu in its center. The design is more likely to Japanese home style one. You can also find the fish pond right beside the glass which right on the left side of mini sofa which real close to the carpet and TV at front means you can choose to sit on the floor or sofa but if you wanna enjoy the dishes, you definitely need to be closer with the table.

“ Please enjoy , I’ll prepare some foods “ his mom flashed you a smile when your eyes still wondering around, amazed by a very comfortable created only by attending the living room. Suga was opening the big glasses behind you then walking to a mini terrace to greet the fish pond there. Since you heard Suga’s mom voice you automatically started to stand from your seat. His mom confused by your sudden action and kept her eyes on you. You dusted off your skinny jeans while stood up then smiled to her confused face.

“ I’ll help preparing the dish, mam.. “ you simply explained since you just felt weird when you are a girl and didn’t do anything about the food. His mom smiled at your words. She walked closer to you then shook her head a bit then tapped your previous sat then forced you to sit.

“ no.. you wait here “ she talked in whisper then smiled. Your eyes followed her back till it’s disappeared after she turned left. You sat in the living room alone while Suga is way few steps behind you communicating with the fishes in the pond. You can see there are 4 doors closed from where you sat. One probably is Suga’s room. You turned your head to see Suga reached his hand to play with the water in the pond while a pack of fish food laid there beside him. Even his back figure is captivating. You just can feel happiness filling your body from head to toe and you didn’t realize how a smile flashed softly on your face. Suga hurriedly stood then ran to the door when he heard someone’s opened the door.

hyung !! “

You sat straight when you heard he greeted the figure who just passed the door which you still couldn’t see. You are in a half position of standing, ready to greet the older person who is going to pass the brick between the entrance door and living room. There he came, another guy with a really fair skin, a perfect figure Suga like walked into your direction. He looked pretty surprised when he realized a stranger sat in the living room. He knows there will be no way any stranger could come to the living room. You stood straight when you saw Suga’s hyung then bowed. You smiled as you see him smile giving you permission to sit back on your seat. You sat back when the older also sat on the carpet with you.

“ so.. whose guest ? mom? Yoongi ? “ he asked jokingly with his smile still on his face. He has the perfect eyesmile just like Suga.

“ Yoongi.. “ you answered shyly just like when Suga’s mom greeted you earlier. You actually felt shy just by managing your voice that way since everyone knows how you are so good at talking loudly. But hey who want to break their own images in front of our precious’s precious persons? And no one wants to break image on their first impressions, doesn’t it?

“ what is your name ? “

“ Shin Seul Chan, Yoon Gi’s friend “

You added the info of YoonGi’s friend just in case, the older guy in front of you might also misunderstood you as YoonGi’s girlfriend just like what you felt his mom earlier took (even she didn’t say it out loud) . The older guy is slightly chuckling because your way of introducing yourself. He put that perfect expression of do you want me to buy that friend.

“ really… just friend “ you added as you realized he is being playfully didn’t believe at your words. He smiled then nodded.

“ okay okay.. “ ,just by hearing his tone you know he didn’t believe you but what can you do?At least you have tried to tell him that you really aren’t Suga’s girlfriend even you didn’t mind for being misunderstood as YoonGi’s girlfriend.

“ just call me oppa” he said in whispered, playfully then stood up. You smiled when he coded that he is going to leave you alone to the kitchen.

“ ya min yoon gi what are you doing to my daughter in the front door.. ? You have a guest in the living room .. “ the oppa shouted from where he stood before he left you alone. He just said My Daughter means he has already married? You shifted your eyes when you see Suga walking in with a lil girl holding his hand while making a way. Suga sat on the previous his hyung’s seat which right in front of you.

“ sorry “ he simply said as his eyes pleading an official forgiveness from you then he coded the girl beside him to greet you. The lil girl with princess pink gown bowed “ my name is Min Hae In “.

Min Hae In really looks so cute. She walked with her pretty bag on her back, her chubby cheeks look so attempting to be pinched. Since she looks so amazingly full of manner, you hold the urge to just pinch her cheeks but slightly bowing to her as respond to her previous respond.

“ Shin Seul Chan “, you said once you fixated your eyes on her again.

She walked closer to you then cutely sat beside you. Just like you, Suga’s eyes didn’t leave her as well. She took her bag then opened it. Your eyes are so fully opened now looking at how her bag is full of sweets and puzzles. She shifted her eyes to catch your eyes.

“ this is from Yoon Gi oppa “ she simply said after smiling widely. Oppa? Shouldn’t she call Suga.. uncle ? you turned your eyes from the girl to Suga, as if he knows that you are questioning about how can he be called oppa, he answered, “ I am too young to be called uncle “ he shrugged then fiddled with his phone.

Hae In asked you to play puzzle with her, she said that cool person can play puzzle well. She said that Suga told her that you are a cool girl that’s why she challenged you. Her puzzle isn’t an ordinary one since it’s way too much pieces in it which made it hard to be accomplished. Glad that you can finish it since you told her that what Suga said is true about you are a cool girl. The level of playing puzzle is getting more difficult since she gave timer for each puzzle you need to be finished. Being the passionate Seul Chan, you gladly accept the challenge. Suga can’t hide his smiling face when he found you so workout just because of his cousin. He just loved to distract whenever the timer went to the given limits.

Eonni is too cool ! “ she put the timer on the table, feeling frustrated since she believed there’s no girl as cool as herself. Suga chuckled, “ woaaah finally there’s a girl who is cooler than you, Hae In ! “ Suga pinched her cheeks which caused her to flinch then removed his fingers. She stood up then asked you to shake hand with her.

“ I acknowledge you are cooler than me, eonni “ she smiled. You felt proud yet squealed inside since the lil girl in front of you are so cute. You proudly smiled to her words then she left you after shaking hands. She is going to greet the fishes in the pond. You kept your smile as you see how she ran then slightly stumbling. You turned your head back to Suga after filling your curiosity on following Hae In’s petite body. You caught Suga is staring at you (you guess) which caused you speechless but hang your head low tried to find your phone. You heard him chuckling a bit then you lifted up your head to see him.

“ She is growing up with the word of the girl who can finish a super difficult puzzle is a cool girl “ once you heard those words, ah so he didn’t stare at me but Hae In, you sighed in mind and scolded yourself since you are just too shamelessly confident. “ I used to be a puzzle addict, glad that Hae In now grow up as one .. ouch

Suga finished his words with a slight flinch caused by slight knocked on his head by his hyung. “ That’s why she keeps doing puzzle in her spare times “

The hyung took a seat beside Suga. Suga looked so annoyed by his hyung then ready to cover himself only to be cut off, “ she didn’t even read her books and keep on doing the puzzles ! “ , as his hand helped the mom setting the table. You giggled looking at how Suga got scolded by his brother. His mom also flashed a smile while exchanging glances with you.

Suga said, “ but a girl in her age can do puzzle is a real cool thing hyung ! “, only to get another knock on his head.

“ but she is really awesome at her age, oppa.. she said she already done all the puzzles right ? and finishing this puzzle is really a hard work even for older like us “, you said as you really felt that Hae In is a smart girl for finishing such a hard puzzle in front of you. You lifted up your head when no one responds your words. You can see how Suga smiled widely and you turned your head to see Suga’s hyung only to get him cleared his throat after raising one of his eyebrow at you. His mom just got back from the kitchen brought some dishes left then set it while she placed herself beside you.

“ and friend helped friend.. “ the hyung pressed his first ‘friend’ well you have no idea what it means but you know for sure he teased you.

“ ja ja.. let’s just eat.. “, his mom interrupted as she finished placing all the foods on the table.  

Suga still with his smile wide on his face while looking at you, “ yehet good job “ as he ruffled your hair. “ what do you want to eat, Seul Chan nim ? “ he asked playfully. His mom smiled looking at his way of treating you. There your food is specially served by Suga. At last, his Dad came out the room then joined the lunch, Hae In also.

As the lunch time ended, you cleaned the table and washed the dishes with his mom. His mom polished it with the rinse while you cleaned it with water then placed it in the dry place which isn’t too far beside you. Eventho his mom refused to be helped many times before since it’s not cooking and no one else affected after this, you decided to just go on and do it beside her. In the end, she just gladly received your help.

“ how is our yoon gi ? “, she asked as her motherly smiled keep linger on her face. You are a bit taken aback by her question. It sounds like she was asking about is yoon gi a good guy to be dating with. His mom giggled once she predicted what’s in your mind then she added, “ is he doing good at school ? “

You scolded in mind, how could you have that kinda thought about his mom previous question. “ a – ah, he is a really good guy” you answered as your hand keep working.

You recalled how he kept standing up for Ha Na. You know it to be recalled but you just love it to see him standing so manly. You also recalled how he keeps running while dribbling which is totally cool. You also recalled how he helped you many times while doing the part time works. You also remember how he accompanied you back home. How soft his finger is running while clearing your view earlier and ruffling your hair. You cant help but let a smile grows on your face. Without you could even notice, his mom looked at your side feature detailed. She saw how your ear slowly turned red and how you tried your best to look down so you can hide your smile. She smiled while looking at you. She believed that her son had no idea about the girl he just brought home with. She is happy that you fell for him. If she could choose her son’s bride, she will definitely choose you but she believes that her son might have his own choice. She silently prayed it was you when she continued to rinse the dirty dishes.

“ how about his music ? “ she asked. Music? You never had idea about Suga and music. If it’s Suga then it’s basketball or part time job but … music ? You turned your head to set full attention to his mom side figure which still diligently wash the plates.

“ he went there because of music tho.. “ she smiled,” I just hope he will also do that well..” Her words succeed at radiating how deep that wish is made and how she really wished it could come true. Your expression softened because of her words and you nodded slowly before you continued with the water.

eum.. me too”, you sincerely wish Suga could be whatever he wanted to be.

[]

 

 

 

You entered the living room to see everyone there. Suga’s father sat on sofa while Hae In sat right beside his dad in one side and the only seat left is the one beside Suga. You walked to the empty place then sat naturally beside him. Suga sat in your right side. Everyone is focusing at TV. Actually, this one is right show for Hae In only but how everyone left comment here and there in each scene, this show sounds like for any ages. It’s a kid talent show. Hae In looks so happy when one of her favorite idols came out and sang. She also sang along together which amused the elders in the living room. It’s even funnier to look at Hae In than the TV, honestly. She started to dance her body and sang together which you can’t resist her cuteness radiance. You found yourself slowly smiling at her cute acts.

You slightly jumped when you felt someone tugged your shirt around the waist area. Just like a child who asked for attention, Suga tugged your shirt many times. It seems like he tried to drag you into another private world which only consists two of you to speak. You turned your head slowly to find him laid his head lazily on the table with his big wide smile on.

“ do you really won’t go anywhere around here in Daegu ?” he asked like whispered accompanied by his serious expression yet he looks so cute. You keep your eyes at him while answered by nod your head means yes you dont want to go anywhere. You titled your head a bit to his direction to speak at him in the same low tone, “ we can stay here longer since you missed your family “ you smiled as you see him.

Suga replied your smile then nodded cutely with his head still on the table, “let’s go after an hour” he added which you nodded at him then mixed with the current situation again.