Chapter 15

Guardian Angels

 

You put both of your hands into the pockets on your jacket then walked out the coffee shop. You still looked to the ground then managed your heart to see Kris who already sat like 10 minutes in the same bench waiting for you to show up from the front coffee shop door. He is so excited when he looked at your appearance then the blowing wind hit his hair that he took his jacket and walked to you. He stood beside you then put his jacket on you.

“ it’s cold “ he said as his eyes are making sure, it wrapped around your neck at least so it could keep you warm. You still didn’t even dare your eyes to see Kris. You just keep your head low when he pushed you a lil so you can sit on the bench he sat earlier. You just had no idea how Kris keeps showing his smiles, feeling satisfied of seeing you now. You can see how he straighten his way of sit and how he moved his body a bit so he could clearly see your whole expression and there your knee met his.

“ I just heard everything from Kai.”, he said, kept searching for your eyes. It’s disheartening him that you didn’t lift up your head to see him. How you only lay your back on the bench board with your hands both on your lap, left hand covered the right one, and avoiding his direction. “ I am sorry “

[]

 

 

“ I am sorry”, your eyes pleading when the guy in front of you keep hung his head low, playing with his own mind.

“ Kris.. okay I’m sorry “ you said with your cheeks wet now because your endless crying. You just know how Kris wouldn’t stop ignoring you if you didn’t just say you were wrong. You didn’t. You didn’t do everything he told you. As predicted he started to glance at your direction.

“ see ?? you will only start to look at me if I said I did it! “ you cried,” I didn’t do that Kris! Seriously why would I ? why would I when I know you hate it “ you hold his hand.

Kris texted you to come to his favorite coffee shop. He sat there waited for you then you still with your bright face coming closer to him. You just had no idea what’s coming up and just started to understand the situation when he put his phone on the table while showing a photo of you kissing with Kai. It’s not like that scene never happened but how there’s no feeling in it which made you started to feel that Kris was being so unfair. You and Kris had known each other for a long time. He was 3 years older than you, used to be your brother alike but you cant deny how you really fell hard for him so you decided to confess your feelings to him. You knew well about his records in dating. You knew well about how possessive he is with his girls. He could be just blindly jealous over any guys but he would be okay as long as his girls didn’t get any touches. You recalled how his last girlfriend ever caught in the same situation as yours now. She kept saying she didn’t include any feelings in the kiss but he didn’t want to buy that. That eonni was wrong you thought. She knew how possessive Kris with his girl but she still agreed to play act for show with a peck scene included in it. If you were her, you would never take the role. But now here you are, caught in the same situation.

Someone took a pic of you kissed with Kai, when actually it’s a real fast peck on your lips, in the health section room. It was a complete trap if you know that it’ll be ended like that. Someone is for sure wanted you to break up with Kris. Everyone knew how Kai had a crush on you and wanted to do anything to get you. Kris also knows that fact well.

You heard that Kai stayed in health section and you didn’t care but then someone added that Kai bleeding hard and didn’t want to get treated if you weren’t there. It’s a social life, even if you have tried your best to avoid Kai, you went there because the urge to help a human being. You just entered the health section when there’s no emergency situation smells anywhere but you let your steps lead you to the corner room. There you see Kai. You walked closer to him only to see he is sleeping peacefully there. You glanced at how a bandage laid on his neck. You saw it closer to see it clear and wondered whether he was already treated. It was like gotcha! when his hand held your another hand tightly on the edge of his bed then he pecked you. You laid your another hand on his chest and slowly pushed him since you afraid that you just could hurt him more but then you thought he was too strong for a sick person then you hit him. You succeed at letting yourself out when you saw his smirk then you left. You kept on wiping your lips and planned to tell Kris everything but that person worked faster than you.

You told Kris the whole story and those feelings which there’s someone wanted you to break up with him badly only to get “ you have to know how to keep yourself ! “ as a reply. He wouldn’t accept any excuses. You know you couldn’t be angry to him since he witnessed how Kai tried his best to get closer to you. He would just boldly interrupt when you and Kris in the middle of dating and how you would give in to Kai. Nothing you can do since teacher always paired you with Kai in any art school team works. Kai is one of those who have good grades in his art class and no wonder, the genius you, also have great scores .That’s how Kris left you that day. One last shout blaming you then walked out. 

You went to the person who told you all the information about the bleeding Kai and that person told you that it directed to another person and go on till it ended to one badass which was also Kai friend. Kai’s friend would never help you so you went ahead to meet Kai. He smirked as he felt your presence and asked whether you have broken up or not. You just couldn’t help your hand to land hard on his left cheek. You were so angry that he did it purposely. This is a hopeless case, all you pray inside is Kris will just let this one go.

You went to his school when your school is over. You waited for him in front of his high school gate but you found him nowhere even if you waited for so long. His friends said he was inside tho  but he didn’t go out, maybe he just tried to avoid you so he found another way to go out from school. The next day you came again put another effort with you. You wore a pretty long jacket also a masker, totally look like a stalker and that day was a very hot day. You kept on waiting for him outside his school gate, you just leaned your back to the wall when suddenly he appeared, ready to pass you.

“ I almost lost a chance “ you said as you grabbed his wrist. Kris lifted his eyes to see you opened your masker. You sweated much since you wore such a thick clothes but you managed your best to smile.

“ please let me off this time, oppa.. “ you rarely called him with oppa. “I’ll take the blame, let me off this time oppa.. please don’t do this to me “ you begged as your eyes getting watery you loosened your grip on his wrist then knelt in front of him. “ I’ll promise you I’ll take a better care next time”

You could feel your grip shaken so you looked up to him, he just chuckled. “ a better care next time ? “ his tone is totally mocking you now, “ when you always put him at first than me? “ he shrugged himself outta you which made you lose your balance then fell hard on your . The scariest thing is Kris just waiting for you to lift your eyes to see him then he coldly said, “ we are over ” then he left.

You understood why he was so angry since you always cut or called the date off because of the art competitions these days. It was always Kai who messed the team schedule and he would be just playing innocent when suddenly all the team gathered to finish art projects. He would call you with those ‘ babe’, ‘honey’, ‘sweety’ and all the nicknames he would give to you then asked you to come.

You decided to just come to Kris’s house as you were so close with him even with his family. “ it’s been a long time you came here “ her mom hugged you warmly then cupped your face. “ miss you honey, have you eat your dinner ? “ she asked after she softly pinched your nose.

“ haven’t yet aunty.. “ you said as you followed her to the kitchen then naturally helped her to prepare the dinner. She put off her apron as she felt that everything settled well on the dining table. You both ready to eat when your eyes kept wondering around. As if Kris’s mom knows what in your mind, she said, “ Kris said he already had his dinner “ she smiled while looking at you.

“ ah.. so that’s why he isn’t here” you smiled awkwardly.

“ is something happened between you and Kris ? “ his mom asked, worriedly as her eyebrows are crashed center now. You shook your head softly, “ no aunty.. it’s just a misunderstanding..” you smiled while tightened your grip on your knife and fork.  

“ Kris is always like that.. please understand him.. Mom will talk to him “, she smiled assuring, “ now eat the dinner first,okay ? “ she brushed your left cheek and you quickly nodded as respond.

Some nights later her mom called you, told you that Kris will fly to Canada next week and she was sorry that she couldn’t help much in your problem with Kris. She said she was sorry many times and asked you to just come over and talked to him that she will give you a time to talk face to face with him. You recalled how Kris avoided you, how he coldly told you that everything between you and him is over, how he just looked at you and not helping you when you fell, when all the love he had in you suddenly gone and you started to doubt that maybe even all these times, it’s only you who loved Kris. You managed to send Kris and his mom off but Kris went some steps further with his sunglasses on. Even he was so cold to you, you couldn’t stop admire him. Everywhere is a runaway for that handsome guy. You just flashed a smile as you looked at his back, walking further and disappeared after the escalator.

“ please forgive this aunty.. “ His mom asked in a very apologetic tone which you replied by tightened the hug between you both and whispered,” why would aunty be sorry.. I should be thank you tho for your love all the time, aunty.. please be safe and happy, always.. “ you smiled but a tear slipped out from the corner of your eyes.

[]

 

 

“ You listened well to Kai when you closed your ears from me that time. “ you forced a smile, couldn’t hide how you felt a sting on your heart. Kris really has no idea what to say this time. He knows how you felt everything so unfair now.

“ Did Ha Na tell you I am here ? “ , you shifted your eyes to see him now as you amazed that he could easily find you.

“ I have no idea you attend the same school with Ha Na.” he said. Your eyes are twitching, questioning, wondering whether Kris is kidding or not. Kris shifted his eyes on you, those pure eyes mean that he really had no idea about it. “ I just know it when I questioned one of your  friend today.. “

“ b – but I thot you.. “ your eyes wavered as you tried to register his words.

“ Kai told me, it’s all Ha Na’s planning “

It’s graduation day. You walked around to greet everyone you could greet. The shining girl, Shin Seul Chan, whoever attends the same school will always know about you. The cheerful, brightest, cute, wealthy and smart girl, sounds like a perfect combination. You happened to stop when suddenly you heard sound of two persons chuckled in harmony. You peeked to see Ha Na and Kai there. It’s a weird scene for you since Ha Na knows how you and Kai would never be in sync. You walked slowly, entered the room when Kai recognized your appearance then blew you a smile then left the room. Ha Na turned her head to your direction then smirked to you then stood straight on her best standing position. She smiled. You recalled how Jungkook doesn’t really like it when you hang around a lot with her. It was like baam !you wondered whether JungKook will also prove his words are right, this time ?

“ first, congratulations for your graduation”, she reached out her hand to shake it with you. Hesitantly, you shook your hand with her. “ you too.. “ you hesitantly saying. It’s not that you don’t want to congratulate her whole heartedly, it’s just previous scene is slowly eating your curiosity.

“ me, meeting Kai “ she smiled, “ awkward scene you could picture ? “ she asked, her tone is different with the tone she used to do with you.

“ well, I often meet him tho “ she shrugged then sat on the place which was Kai’s seat previously. “ I met him to share all of your schedules with him, to arrange your meeting with him and to take your pic with him in a frame simply sent it to Kris “ She smiled, devilishly.

“ oh no no no.. not with my own number since I want my relationship with Kris goes well “ she said as she shook her index finger when she said ‘no’. “ I am so done with you, Seul Chan. I am sick of you”

You kept quiet, tried to register everything and swallowed everything slowly. You kept telling yourself to stand right and listen to everything correctly. You tried to keep your consciousness at once and managed your heart to bravely listen closely to Ha Na’s next words.

“ Wherever we go, they only see you, wherever we go they always greet you, they only look at you and only praising you! “ she stood right in front of you now after few steps away from her chair. She pointed her index finger on you and pressed it right on your crook. You dared your eyes to see her. You can see how anger filled her eyes, how envious filled her body. “ I am okay with it until you told me you dated Kris.”

“ I cant hold my self anymore.. “ she hung her head low.

“ I – I have no idea that you like.. Kris. “ you said, you really had no idea. If only you know, you will consider more to confess your feelings to him.

“ would you retreat if I told you so ? “ she smirked. “ you wont, trust me.. “ she shook her hand in front of you then walked away.

“ ah. Since it’s our graduation, I will tell you something in advance as a special gift for you.. “ she spoke when she was few steps further from you. “ your father is going to bankrupt “ she simply said.

“ why ? because I asked my father to stop his investment there. “ she said while smirked, “ and do you know why my father wont refuse my will ? “ she said as she walked closer to you with her hand crossed in front of her chest.

“ because I am his only daughter. “ she leaned closer to your left ear then whispered, “ so get ready to lose another thing from you, Sshin Seul Chan “ she retreat slowly, daring her eyes to meet yours.

“ Thanks for the good times” was her last words then she left.

[]

 

 

You closed your eyes as you recalled all the last time with Ha Na. The amazing thing is how you met her in your school now. Jungkook ever told you not to take an exam entrance for your currently attending school. He said, it wont good for your health. You just rolled your eyes when you heard his words. You just know that you attended the same school because of first grade overall ranks. Just like a habit, you stood out in first rank and just like a natural wind blows, Park Ha Na, ranked right after you. You widened your eyes as you saw her name then you left the spot, didn’t even want to see her face even for a glance. You had no idea whether Ha Na noticed your presence, since your name is publicly marked there in the board rank overall class for whole one year.  Fate is surely playing prank with you when you met Ha Na in the second grade. It seemed like Ha Na didn’t wish for that as well. She looked so incredibly shock that day when your eyes met her. Precisely that time, you decided to dedicate your whole second grade to ‘disturb’ her. It’s even more interesting because you heard that the first grade she gained the angel title from the first grade.

Kris kept his eyes on you, admiring your side figure. “ get back to me “ once he slipped his words of his lips, he realized that he should sound pleading a bit, “ please “. Kris knows Ha Na. When he heard Kai’s confessing about Ha Na’s plan, he just couldn’t understand why a girl can do that to another girl. He had no idea what you knew about Ha Na but one thing he knows he would just keep it himself.

“ I was simply paid “ Kai said as he let his back leaned on the wall behind him. “ it was her plan all the time, please tell her, I am sorry.. “

Kris gritted his teeth as he recalled how he met Kai at that time. Kai said he screwed up with his recent relationship, he wondered whether Karma hit him hard this time. He said he wanted to meet you so he could get your forgiveness but he just had no face to meet you directly.

Kris widened his eyes as your eyes met his. You scanned his face, how you really miss him all the times. You missed all the happy times you, Kris and Jungkook ever had in old times. You flashed a smile to him then played with your fingers. You have no same feelings like those times toward him. That’s why you decided to just change the topic first.“ How’s aunty ?” you asked, now placing both of your palm on your side as you straighten the way you sit. Kris also does the same, “ she is fine”, he paused before added, “ she said sorry that she rarely contact you because she is so busy there” he smiled.

“ ah no no no.. it’s me who has to tell her sorry” you smiled.

“ where do you live now ? “ he asked. He felt so happy as the situation is getting warmer.

“ one bus from here, its last stop then walk a bit, you will arrive at my home “ you smiled.

“ how’s your mom and dad ? “ he asked. You felt down as you hear he asking that but listened to how cheerful his tone just now, he had no idea about it, for sure.

“ I live with mom.. dad was sick and.. he.. “you didn’t continue your words and Kris there swallowed hard, muttered a ‘sorry.. I didn’t know’

You both are standing now. Your last it’s getting late came as a cue so you both could leave. You stood right in front of Kris, he did the same. He is still that gorgeous. He smiled as he rubbed his trouser as it wrinkled a bit.

“ so.. how ? let’s date, let’s meet again, let’s start with a fresh thing? “ Kris realized that he hasn’t got your answer and he knew well how you smoothly changed the topic. His pleading like tone is started to fill the air around you. He sounds too soft to be exact but you have no same feelings anymore. You may forgive but they said there’s always a scar. With the silence remains he put a long sigh then smiled.

“ There’s someone else right ? “ he asked as his smiled on, tried his best to understand. You aren’t daring to put your eyes up meeting him. “ is it Suga ? “, he asked. He could only recall Suga’s name and Suga is the highest candidate so far since he stood up for you earlier. Kris could remember well how you just left him and Suga alone instead of telling him that Suga is your boyfriend. He knew he wouldn’t lie to you. He knows you are waiting for a chance, he smiled.

“ He really likes you “, Kris blurted. He knows it, he could see it easily. You waved your hand in front of you, tried to tell him that there’s no way like that.

“ He likes Ha Na. He has a huge crush toward her “ you smiled, weakly.

“ why wont you believe me ? “ he asked now as his eyebrows centered, “ has Jungkook confessed his feelings to you ? I guess he has. He was waiting for a chance all these times “, Kris simply said. Kris hang out with you and Jungkook for a long time and he knew the younger likes you so much. He was being a lil cruel when he accepted your feelings toward him when in the other side he knew well about the younger feelings. Being the polite Jungkook, he knew as well that Jungkook would just accept your relationship with him eventho with the claim of Jungkook could see the future, Jungkook always told him to think it over to date with you. Being the Kris who has the same feelings with you that time, he just couldn’t think for more when you told him you wanted to date him.

“ let’s confirm it then.. “ he said as he threw a smirk to your direction.

“ what ? “ you asked as you lifted your head to see him. He looks straight and deep to your eyes then his expression turned softened.

“ that Min Yoon Gi really likes you “

That’s how you could feel his lips on yours. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

[]

ehem ! TA DA ! it really is a great thing that I came to Chapter 15 :') Just for your information, I rarely made a story more than 35 chapters LOL so this story could just end up around 30 or less than that :) thank you soooo much for your supports ! please let me know your thoughts about this story hmm.. how should we say this in korean.. hmm... 코멘트를 많이 많이 해주시고 사랑을 많이  많이 해주세영~~ <3 please give a lot love and comment ! hehet. Well still some chaps left so it's not a goodbye HAHA. I love you all, have a nice day and let me tell you guys... I GOT A GREAT POSTER ! OHORAAAAAAAAT ! thank you so much for the poster maker <3 please give her a lotta love as well for her beautiful masterpiece :') I wish this poster could accompany us ALL the time till the last chapter :)