Chapter 19

Guardian Angels

You felt like your body losing its strength. You sat in front of the emergency room as your eyes wavered, cant believe at the thing you just witnessed. You felt like shivering that you didn’t realize some steps were coming closer to you.

“ Shin Seul Chan ? “

You looked up to see the owner of the voice. You widened your eyes as you saw her. You stood up immediately. Your words stuck, even a greeting didn’t slip out of it and that’s how you can feel a hand landed hard on your cheek. You rubbed the stingy feelings on your cheek then turned your focus back to the woman in her forties. She looked still gorgeously young at her act. She looked so angry.

“ even if you hate her so much, tried to kill her is something you have to avoid right Seul Chan student ? “

You were speechless. It’s Ha Na’s mom whom you knew well before and it seems like she aware of her daughter feeling at those times so she decided to support her daughter and kept telling her husband to move his investment. That’s why she realized that you must hate her daughter so much.  After done in releasing her anger to you, she walked passing you. You can see how Min Ah followed her behind while frowning to you like she didn’t believe that finally you hurt Ha Na that way.

You sat down carefully while holding the place where you got a hard slap at. Your mind went blank. What did I do that I deserve this slap ? your mind started to think hard as the previous scene of Ha Na played on your mind like a rolling movie. Slowly but sure your hand fell from your cheek to the edge of your seat. You holding on it tightly, your body started to tremble. It also might be my fault, it can also be because of me.

“ It’s not your fault, it’s not your fault.. “ you closed your eyes while muttered those words like a spellbound. You tried your best to shrug the guilty feeling you had. You opened your eyes slowly then you found Suga just entered the scene while panted hard. He looked relieved when he saw you. He tried to calm his own self when his breath came out overlapping because his previous sprint. He walked to your direction when you just blankly stared at him. As he walked closer, his smile grew wide. He sat right beside you, your eyes didn’t leave him. You kept looking at him. He knew something goes wrong but, “ I am glad that you are okay.. “ he sighed a relief after. His palm slowly caressed your cheek when suddenly your tear met his thumb.

“ what happened ? “, he asked, carefully. He didn’t want you to get freak in anything. He heard thing went worst in hospital and it’s something including Ha Na and you that’s why he passed next class then find his way to finally ended up here, beside you.

As you walked further with your earphone plugged, you can hear Ha Na screamed your name. She kept calling your name that you walked even faster. Through the crowded, you easily slipped your body out of her sight when Ha Na thought that you ran crossing the street. She didn’t realize that the traffic lamp turned red and keep running that’s how a big truck with a fast speed crashed on to her petite body. You saw her. You saw her when she was running at the red light. You saw how the truck went fast. People are so busy to look at Ha Na who crossed the street. It seems like only you who witnessed everything that could only happen to Ha Na. You can see how her body bumped hard with the truck front. You clearly witnessed everything. You also could just scream her name before the truck even reached her but you decided to lock your lips. You remembered how her Guardian Angel asked you to stop bothering her and you thought that this time, her Guardian Angel would act like how Jimin’s Guardian Angel kept saving him. You have those thoughts until you saw her body didn’t move, laid on the street and blood started to come out from her head. You still kept those thoughts until strangers gathered around her body.

“ I – it’s my fault “, you said as tears streaming down your face. Suga wiped it while shaking his head. His other hand also palmed your another cheek then slowly turned your face to see him straight.

“ you didn’t push her right ? “, he asked. You bit your lower lip to hold your tears from keep on flowing from your eyes as you nodded your head then slowly muttered an ‘I didn’t’.

“ you didn’t ask the driver to hit her right ? “, he asked, again, to get the exact same answer from you.

“ then it’s not your fault .. “ he simply concluded. His eyes looked straight to you, tried to reach your soul and convince that you aren’t the one to blame. You shook your head repetitiously, disagree with his conclusion.

“ I – I could scream her to move but I didn’t “, you held your voice low. You wanted to scream but you conscious enough to know that you were in the hospital. Suga shook his head this time, “ after that, can you guarantee she wouldn’t get hit ? “, he asked.

“ I cant but she could be safe.. “ you hung your head low then he pulled you to his embrace. His right hand crossed your back shoulder while his other arm ran through your waist to your back. He started to your back in a certain rhythm then said right beside your ear, “ no one could blame you for that.. it’s not your fault, it’s not your fault.. “

You could feel your eyes were so wet. You sobbed hard on his embrace when he kept his best to make you calm with his words and each he gave on your back. He didn’t like to see you blame yourself when you didn’t even included in anydirect contact with Ha Na’s accident.  

He slowly retreated from the embrace to look at your eyes, again. He wiped away your remain tears then smiled, “ it’s not your fault, no.. “, he paused, “ so stop blaming yourself, let’s just pray for Ha Na’s recovery “. You weakly nodded at his last words. It’s a relief for you to have Suga at these times. He really stood for you when you need someone to do it for you.

Suga just some steps away from you when he saw someone stopped quickly in front of him. He was going to get you water when Min Ah came in to the scene.

“ Ha Na is searching for you.. “, she said when her gaze laid on you.  

[]

 

 

 

You entered Ha Na’s room slowly. Your eyes met Ha Na’s mom wet eyes, you quickly turned your eyes away when you did. You focused on the vacant seat right in front of you, near Ha Na’s bad. You shifted your eyes meeting hers when you can clearly see her weak smiles and heard her weak voice ,” sit down”. You slowly sat down and get yourself closer to Ha Na. Ready to listen to her every words which she wanted to say to you from a very long time.

Suga followed behind you, entered the room as well then stood a few meters behind you , closed to the door. He wanted you to feel that you arent alone, that he was there with you.

Your weak heart just helplessly made its way to Ha Na’s hand. “ I am sorry.. “, you said. Ha Na shook her head a bit, “ I am sorry .. “, she said.

“ If only you didn’t run after me, this wouldn’t happened “, you said as your eyebrows centered while scanning her whole condition. Bandages here and there, also a gif on her right leg. Ha Na smiled, “ if I wasn’t like this, we would never talk “.

She looks so weak and pale but you did agree with her instead. You would probably running away from her, avoiding her anytime you could. You just didn’t want to be with her and talk to her but looking at her lying down helpless like this, your weak heart wont let yourself to run away from her anymore. You had no idea since when her hand covered yours. You can feel how her fingers tried its best to catch yours.

“ I am sorry “, you can listen to her voice a bit cracking because her sudden tears, “ I am sorry.. I might be the most selfish girl you have ever met “ she shifted her eyes to look at yours. In just no minutes, her eyes already turned so wet. Your hands moved to wipe her tears away like you had some sensor in your hands to detect her tears.

“ I break you down and I ask you a forgiveness .. “ her eyes showing her endless plead and guilty. “ I ..  “, you can see how her lips hang open for a pause then continue, “ am sorry for your dad.. “

Without her further explanation, you already got all explanation she wanted to give. You closed your eyes then your head started to think back. If Ha Na didn’t do everything she did to me back then.. could she guarantee everything wont turn out this way ? May be no. The wrong thing she did is just her bad deeds nothing to do with my life, dad life as well. You opened your eyes, stared in to hers then slowly let a smile growing on your face. “ it’s all past matters.. he is so good there now “

[]

 

 

 

There were Ha Na’s mom, Min Ah and Suga joined in the previous talk session with Ha Na. Ha Na’s mom came to you after the talk, she hugged you then asked your forgiveness for her slap earlier and told you that it’s a reckless act from her. She was going to fall on her knee to beg but you caught her and told her that nothing to be sorry about. She also asked for your address and wanted to meet your mom. You just gladly handed your address to her. She used to be one of the best aunty you ever met in your junior high.

Min Ah also asked for your forgiveness for her thoughtless act. She smiled as she repeated your words about that you know Ha Na better than anyone in your class. You just smiled at her. You told Ha Na that you might come again to visit her in the hospital and she just gladly nodded. Min Ah asked whether you wanted a drive or not for school. She said she will call her private driver to pick you up. You glanced to Suga and you could see how he shook his head a bit then he said that he will you back school. Min Ah twitched her eyes in suspicious then she smiled teasingly said that Suga is your bodyguard. Ha Na just smiled from where she laid her body down. She was glad that it seems like a good relationship was built there between you and Suga.  

You could feel how softly Suga’s hand slipped into yours, when you just closed Ha Na’s door. You happily hold his hand as well then moved along with him.

“ I still have no idea about what happened exactly in the past but I am proud of you “

You stole a glance to his side face features, slightly peeking at his smiling face. He tighten his hold on you and took you closer to him then linked his arm with yours.

“ do you want to go somewhere ? “, he asked as he keeps his body close to you like a child who doesn’t want to lose mama. You shook your head, “ how about you ? “ you asked back and turned your body to look at him who is deep thinking.

“ hmm.. I got one but it’s not a time for high school students to visit now .. “, his eyes fell on you with his typical eyesmiling.

“ then lets go there after school “, you simply said with your smile on then turned your focus back to front. You just cant exchanging glance with him for more than 3 seconds, else your heart might just bursting out. He answered your offer quickly by nodding excitedly, “ yes ! “ as he dragged you along with him faster to the bus stop.

 

 

 

 

 

 

[]

it's near to an end I guess.. so i will shamelessly promote my other fics wish you can check it as well :')

So I wonder if you guys can check out my other fics LMAO here are some which I recommended from my own fics :

I like your story, Author ! ( Luhan || OC)

Why Did You Agree To Date Me ? (Chanyeol || OC)

My Soulmate ( Chanyeol || OC)

tangled feelings ( Baekhyun || OC )

break up or no ? ( one shot || KyungSoo OC)

Money Talks ( oneshot || Chanyeol OC)

and Please tell me your thoughts about this chapter as well in the comment section ^^ your comments will always make my day, REALLY !