Chapter 4

Guardian Angels

“ I had no idea about you slipped in the bathroom ! “ Jin Hee’s fingers traveled around your body as you tried to remove every of her touch.

“ I said I am okay.. “ you smiled at your best when actually you getting a lil bit annoyed by her act.

Suddenly Jin Hee stopped then crossed her arms front her chest. She raised one of her eyebrows, eyeing you with those judges looks then started her smirk, “ felt annoyed eh ? “

You widened your eyes since she got it precisely. You nodded, don’t wanna lose any chances to go away. She rolled her eyes as you being too straight forward.

“ okay, okay, I understand.. “ She turned her body back facing you. You smiled to her back figure.

“ the bus is coming “ she tried to tapped your shoulder. She didn’t turn her body to see you that’s why she keeps on tapping the air in front of your nose which you cant help but smiling because of her silly act.

“ I see… “

Now she is turning her body to check your condition. She touched your collar, upper uniform, skirt to make sure it is still in its neat condition.

“ you better take a good care of these uniform till you arrived at your house “ she reminds you. You nodded. She got the point since the uniform you wore is lent by the health section teacher.

Once the bus stopped and its door opened, she pushed you a bit.

“ be careful “ she managed to whisper before you get on the bus.

You got your better spot in the bus then you stole a glance look outside the bus window to see Jin Hee waved her hands to you in a very cheerful way. Usually, Jin Hee will be there beside you inside the bus but she got cram class to attend so you gotta get inside the bus alone.

The situation inside the bus is just no difference with another day. Another crowded. The seats are full so you need to stand up and hold to the provided holder. The bus arrived at another bus stop then some teenagers who you believed way much younger than you entered the bus. They brought some snacks with them. It’s street foods so you can imagine the sauces, the spicy tastes. You gulped as you take a good look to their foods when suddenly the bus stops then .. tada ! their foods flight to your uniform. The situations turned dark. All the eyes landed on you and some of the girls. The girls also panic as they watched how the sauces turned your white upper uniform into orange alike one with those garlic and spicy smells. You also look at your uniform in shock state. You travelled your sight dramatically from your toe up to your skirt then to your colorful upper then to the girls. They got they jaw dropped. You practically cursed them inside your mind but looking at them who didn’t purposely doing things, you closed your eyes, tried to gather all your good mind at once then smiled to them.

“ it’s okay.. “ you smiled.

“ I – I am really sorry eonni..  “ you can see the owner of the food trembled which you cant help but smile even wider.

“ aww.. I said it’s okay.. “ you smiled then tapped her shoulders. I need to stop in the next stop. The next stop isn’t too far from its previous stop.

“ nah.. think I need to get down “ your non stop smiling turned to be your sudden accessory. You keep on smiling then against the crowded to make your way to get down.

“ Ha – h !” you breathed freshly once you get down. “ how could I be this unfortunate today “ you messed your hair then enter  the nearest t-shirt shop there.

Actually you can just throw tantrums at that public places then cursing then so on but you hold yourself. Simply because you still wear your uniform. Eventho people will understand why you were deadly angry toward her but you chose not to. You ever stuck in the same situations as those girls when you were in mid school. At that time the eonni girl also just let you go easily so you kinda copied that unknown eonni. Besides, it’s not use and just waste energy. You just wanna waste your energy in troubling Ha Na that’s why you just get down and think fast of what to do next.

The problem is the uniform isn’t yours. It’s school property since you just borrowed it today. So you need to clean it fast or it will stick forever. After you bought a black t-shirt, you asked the shop owner to go to the restroom. You nodded fast then went to the restroom to wash the clothes which has already turned color.

You walked along the streets once you finished the cleaning, with the paper bag now on your right grip. You keep wondering many bad things which came to you in turn one after another. I do own any luck, right? You mind as your eyes wondering around, watching some busy guardian angels and its owners. You sighed. I couldn’t be born without luck, right? you mind again then suddenly your eyes laid on two boys who stood not too far from you.

“ you are soo lucky ! “ the boy in white t-shirt said to the boy who wearing cap. The one who got the compliment just laughing playfully like ‘he –he – het ‘. Since you just complained and whined about luck, now your ears are curios once you heard the luck words. You randomly followed the boy who got labeled as lucky. He walked straight and his steps are way too cheerful that you started to smile. He looks so bright even from his back figure. Being too happy you are, you almost crossed the street when then you realized the traffic light lamp turned red. There maybe the also still being happy boy in front of you still in the middle of zebra cross and the worst is his thing which he brought all the times suddenly fell. You can hear everyone shouting since it seems he had no idea the traffic already turned red when he still busy with his stuffs. He picked up the fallen stuff, you swear that you see how his guardian angel pushed him a lil so his didn’t get hurt by the car which just passing too fast. That’s how he passed the crucial times. When everyone started to tell them to be more careful, he just keep on bowing and saying sorry.

“ I am okay, thank you “ he bowed once more then left. He already there across the street and you still cant believe at what you have just seen. So guardian angel also can help its owner like that ?

The traffic light turned green again then you walked crossing the street then fasten your steps to follow that guy again. You need to try to get closer to him. You kept following him. He got few steps ahead in front of you. He still walks freely and happily. You, once again, witnessed how his guardian angel pushed him a lil that he looked like stumbled then suddenly some vases fell down.

That guy is seriously lucky.

You minded that and your willing to get closer to that guy keeps increasing that’s why…

“ it’s easy right ? “ Seokjin or usually people call him as jin, the owner of coffee shop near the national park, ended his explanation for you. You nodded and smiled. Yeah. You ended up following Jimin, the guy who is so lucky, until at his part time place. Since you feel the need of earning money, you entered the coffee shop and fortunately this place is searching for waiter/ waitress.

“ well, it’s still only 4 of us before you came. Actually we can do multitask here as waiter, barista even cashier. Oh ! and it’s only me who can also become a boss “ he chuckled as he pointed to himself.

“ If you had any questions, you can ask Jimin “ Jin pointed at the smiling Jimin.

“ yes, you can ask me, noona “ Jimin added while he nodding.

“ sorry I am la—te. “

You widened your eyes as you see Suga entered the still closing coffee shop in preparation time. He still looked down that he didn’t realize you were there.

“ Oh Suga hyung ! we got new friend, my friend ! “ Jimin chirped as he took Suga with his arm.

“ Oh really .. “ Suga still busy with his apron looped. Once its done, he looked up at you then he also widened his eyes. Your eyes didn’t leave his sight from the first time he entered the place waiting for him to recognize you.

“ my friend, Seul Chan noona “ Jimin introduced you to suga.

“ what does it mean by your friend? She is my friend.. “ Suga claimed as he turned his face to Jimin.

“ eo ? “ Jimin looked at you and Suga in turn.

“ really ? “ now it’s not only Jimin who surprised while replying but also Jin.

“ eumm “ Suga nodded. “ we attend same school “ he added,” right Shin Seul Chan ? “

You nodded. The way he called your name made your heart flatters. It just fit his lips perfectly. The tone he used to call your name, his pronounce especially how he called you with your full name means he knows your name. Well, you just extremely love it. Extremely like Min Yoon Gi.

“ waah , it’s interesting ! “ Jin exclaimed as he tapped your shoulder. You nodded in agreement with all your heart since meeting yoon gi here is really surprising thing for you. You came to this place to get closer to Jimin, wondering whether there will be a time for you to talk with Jimin’s guardian angel. Besides the need of earning money you had in you.

“ then.. noona should have idea about Park Ha Na noonim ? Suga hyung keeps saying that she is an angel alike girl. She is smart, pretty and nice. He isn’t being delusional right, noona ? “ Jimin threw sly smile to Suga who still linked to his arm, . You are a bit taken aback by Jimin’s question. You turned your face to see Suga who looks a bit bewildered by Jimin’s question. He pretended like he is going to punch the younger. Thing which sting in your heart is how Suga didn’t keep any secret about the girl he has interested into and how he praised Ha Na by saying that the girl is angel alike girl to his friends.

“ they have kinda not really good relationship so she wouldn’t be agree with me “ Suga smiled looking at you who still in your deep thoughts about him.

“ oh really ? “ Jimin show off his disbelief expression to you, “ if she is angel alike girl then she will always have good relationship with anyone right ? “ he over thinking about Suga’s statement between you and Ha Na’s relationship.

“ well.. that’s..”

“ she is nice. Angel alike girl is true “ you cut Suga’s hesitant words, accompanied by your smile you continue your words to Jimin, “ your hyung word is true.. well, it’s just me the one who bad here.. “ you tried to make yourself comfortable with your words. Saying yourself bad in front of other people is totally uncomfortable to be truth even if it’s true. It’s like you are searching for attention when you didn’t at all. Well, that’s true anyway just let it go, you tried to shrug off the werid feeling.

Jimin thought you are a good girl so he couldn’t really see how and what is bad relationship between you and his hyung’s fav girl. Once Jin listened to your words he also couldn’t understand how bad relationship could occur between two good persons. He personally believes that you are a good person looking at your appearance while whenever he listened to Suga talking about the Ha Na girl, he couldn’t forget the glint of meeting a real angel in Suga’s eyes.

“ I already turned the placard ! “

Everyone deep thoughts destroyed by V’s voice from the front door. Jimin and Suga started to wear their aprons. Today’s task is you are the waitress, V is the waiter, Jimin and Suga the barista and Jin is the cashier.

“ okay let’s work, we can talk again later “ Jin threw his typical smiles to everyone. With Jin’s one statement, everyone is moving together to their posts. That’s how life keeps going with you in the next 4 days.

[]

 

 

You were taking some orders from the customers when your eyes suddenly fell to Ha Na’s eyes who still outside the coffee shop. She widened her eyes when she accidentally saw you then she blinked many times then pretended that she didn’t saw you. You keep your eyes at her while your hand still typing the customer orders. Ha Na entered the coffee shop, accompanied by Min Ah.

“ Ha Na ? “ Suga mumbled once he caught Ha Na’s figure entering the coffee shop. Jimin who listened to his hyung word, turned his sight to the front door. There are two girls who just entered but there’s only one definitely who caught his eyes, simply Suga type. Jimin knows his hyung for pretty long time to even notice what kinda girl who could easily catch Suga’s eyes. There the petite girl with her long hair went to her shoulder clipped by a simple hair pin in the right part. That girl must be Park Ha Na.

“ what took her here ? “ Suga whose task is barista today went front since V is doing well alone behind. Jimin who stood as cashier replied playfully, “ sure she wants a cup of coffee, hyung “ he chuckled. Suga rolled his eyes.

“ I guess I should turn my job now “ he walked to the apron place to take the waiter one. “ where is the other ? “ he asked as he found nothing.

“ Ah.. Jin hyung took it to the laundry “ Jimin answered. Suga messed his own hair.

“ this “ you came to Jimin to pass the orders you just taken. Actually you can just give it to Suga since he’s the barista today but you still have no good communication with suga until now. You keep on avoiding any direct contact with him.  

You felt a hand freeing the loop on your apron behind you. It’s Suga which automatically turned you frozen at spot. He still fiddled with it, he felt so dangerously close.

“ hand “ his words landed right on your left ear. You can feel how the

 air blew to your ear from his lips which make you shivers. You freeze at your spot but you did as told.

“ this hand too “ he said in front of you now. You didn’t lift up your head, you looked down. Only brave enough to stare at his shoes. You look like a kid who didn’t move to get your mom took your apron away from you and that’s what exactly Suga just did to you. He personally took the apron which you wear, from you.

Now he wore the apron, took your hand to take away the note and pen on your grip.

“ I’ll do the next “ he left like that. You let his name out from your lips to stop him when he already make his way so he didn’t stop. You let out long exhales when he left since you have been holding your breath for sometimes. You just didn’t notice how long. Your eyes keep on following his figure until you see which table he stopped at. Ah, so because of Ha Na you said in mind as you positioned yourself beside Jimin.

“ He is afraid that I’ll do bad thing to Ha Na.. “ you just let out what’s in your mind while took Jimin’s chair then sit on it. Jimin who just back from handing the orders to V, smiles while looks at you.

“ no.. noona, hyung didn’t say any words like that “ He smiled then fixing messy things around his area.

eii don’t lie “ you smile teasingly. Jimin just wanna make you feel good.

“ why would I ? “ he said in offensive tone now, “ well, he just wanna turn his job noona.. don’t feel like that ..”

You didn’t really listen to what Jimin is going to say. You have no interest at all. Your eyes keep looking at Ha Na’s direction, to look at the shining Suga who happily asking for her orders and lighting up some conversations. In some seconds they laugh then he smiled, sometimes he will just shamelessly steal glance to Ha Na who focused on menu.  

“ ah noona.. hyung is just a nice guy “ Jimin’s blurting out of nowhere. You steal glance to Jimin who keeps on cleaning the place around cashier’s area. “ he knows about your relationship with Ha Na noonim, he just doesn’t want you to feel uncomfortable for taking Ha Na noonim’s orders “ he turned his gaze to you, smiling warmly towards your direction. You looked at Jimin. How he keeps on explaining Suga’s condition made you smile. Is Suga really that nice ? He knows well about how you never felt uncomfortable around Ha Na. Listening to Jimin words just now made you realized it once again, the reason why you wanted to get closer to Jimin.

“ If I tell you this, will you believe ? “ you smiled playfully to Jimin’s direction while your hand turned the pen between your fingers.

“ what is it ? “ he asked as he suddenly took a chair then place it right beside you.

“ If I tell you I can see your guardian angel, will you believe ? “ you asked, twitching one of your eyebrows, smile as sly as possible.

Being the innocent Jimin, he nodded blankly. “ well, some people has that ability I guess “ he looks at you,” do you really can see them, noona ? “he added.

You nodded. “ Do you know that your fate is good ? I mean you are so lucky .. “

He nodded, “ yeah many people said that I have a great luck “ he smiled shyly.

“ I have witnessed it many times how your guardian angel takes part in your luck “ you smiled at him and recalled some memories, “ he was like pushing you a lil to safe you, turning the lottery ball a bit to change it to your numbers, like somehow also helped you from any dangers and.. that’s happened  some times in a day! That’s just too awesome “ You said all the things you ever seen with your eyes. In your whole time with the ability of looking at the guardian angels, Jimin is the only owner who got helped many times by his guardian angel that you witnessed at.

“  oh really ? “ he smiled. Rather than thinking how lucky he is, he loves to see how you tell him how lucky he is. You nodded.

“ can you communicate with them, noona ? “ Jimin asked. You shook your head a bit,” unfortunately no.. “ but then you brighten up your voice and you didn’t notice how sparkly your eyes became once you added, “ but if I got closer to you, there’s a possibility ! “ you smiled to him.

“ I really wanna know why are you so lucky “, your mind wondering anywhere, started to think if you know how Jimin could be so lucky then you are going to copy exactly thing he did so you can be as lucky as him. Jimin looked at your daydreaming eyes. He started to smile then added in, “ if only I can help.. “

You looked at Jimin. Now you felt bad that you made Jimin felt that it’s a poor thing he couldn’t help you with this thing. “ aw.. you don’t have too.. it seems like I have already know what the secret is “ you winked at him after he turned his face to see you. Well, you don’t know whether it’s wrong or right. You need to confirm it tho but you do believe because Jimin lives as a nice guy, he has such a great luck in life.

“ what is it noona ? “ he asked.

“ Think I need to see what V did behind.. “ you stood from where you sat, pretending you didn’t hear Jimin’s words which he cried from his cashier place, asking you to answer him.

[]

 

 

 

You wondered how the life in this coffee shop before when it’s so tiring to rule this place only with 4 people in it. V already left the place early around 9 pm, he said he got things to be done before 10. So Jimin, you and Suga still wondering around the coffee shop for the closing, cleaning, counting, checking, etc. Beside the Suga you know in school, he really is so detail with things he done. May be because there isn’t Jin, he keeps on rechecking all the stuffs. Once we all finished, you went outside the shop first. When the night breeze just greeted you, you realized someone already stood not too far from the coffee shop’s door. You turned your head to the left only to be greeted with Ha Na who keeps on rubbing her hands then blew some air between it. She realized your appearance so she turned her head to see you. She prepositioned the leaning pose to the straight one. She waited for your movements toward her. You bit your cheek inside. You are too tired to even see Ha Na at this late time. When she widened her eyes, felt happy just looking at you walking to her direction. What happened next is kinda dropped her heart. You coolly passed her.

“ S—Seul Chan a.. let’s talk “

You can barely hear her voice which a bit shaky because she might wait for you for too long outside. You stopped then turned your head. You can see how her eyes pleading and she managed to form a hesitant smile on her face. You just looked at her when you can see Suga and Jimin just locked the shop. There you can feel Suga’s eyes keep monitoring you and Ha Na. You battled in your heart whether should or shouldn’t you reject Ha Na’s offer since Suga is watching. Since when I become someone who wants to look good in front of Suga ? you shrugged your feeling then focusing your eyes to Ha Na’s who still excitedly wishing since you haven’t reject her offer, yet.

“ I don’t wanna talk” with that you turned your body again, ready to leave her. You stopped just because you getting held on your wrist which automatically made you turn your body, again. You kinda surprised to see it’s Suga who stopped you from moving. You can see how Ha Na stood quietly behind Suga and you can see Jimin still stood in front of the coffee shop’s door.

“ do you have any idea how long she stood there waiting for you ? “ Suga started his words. He didn’t even let go of your right wrist.

So Suga knows HaNa has been waiting for me all the times ?  you asked in mind as once again you felt envy of Ha Na. Envy how easily she got Suga’s attention. You rolled your eyes with the aim of annoying Suga in front of you.

“ then what ? Should I say ‘ohh thank you soo much Ha Na for waiting for me ‘? Or should I say ‘ohh Ha Na nice of you for waiting ‘ ? “ you mockingly smiled in front of Suga.  You don’t wanna talk with Ha Na is an obvious thing. Besides, there are no things to talk with her. Suga gritted his teeth. You hit the jackpot, he got annoyed.

“ ya ! she just wanna talk to you !! “ suddenly he raised his voice which made you jumped a bit. You really had no idea that he will yell to you just because of HaNa. This is a public place, to get yelled just because of thing he hasn’t included in it, wow that’s a really cool action of you, Suga you said in mind as you wondered your eyes around his face, asking how unbelievable his action just now to you.

“ don’t raise your voice In front of me, Suga. “ you warned him as you also clenched your jaw. You hate Suga for defending Ha Na now.

“ it’s her who asked me for a talk, if I reject her, it’s my authority and I don’t see anything wrong with that.. “ you claimed, “ and because I don’t really like you, let go of my hand” you added as you kept your eyes on him when he looked down to where his hand laid and freeing your wrist.

Suga felt bad for yelling at you. Your words are true but he knows for how long Ha Na is waiting for you so it’s kinda unfair to him when looking at you reject her offers. He always looking at Ha Na’s kindness to you, he also wants to see you to be nice at her. He is just getting worked up because your attitude toward Ha Na.Well, he also realized how he is being unfair to you when he yelled at you at public place like that. When people can see and hear publicly when they had no idea about what really the matter is. Once he let go off your hand, he can see you walking far away from him when he hasn’t ask your forgiveness because of his act yet.