Chapter 1

Guardian Angels

You opened your math book once you arrived at your seat. Jin Hee, your bestfriend, stood beside your chair.

“ you look pissed off “ she giggled then placed herself on the chair in front of you which isn’t originally hers.

You snapped back to reality when you found your bestfriend greeted you. You are a bright girl so you have to deny her words earlier about you getting pissed off. You slowly showing off your smirk alike smile.

me ? “ you started to open the next chapter of your math book then reach out to your pen which turning function into your math bookmark. “ am I an easily getting pissed off girl ? “

“ stop kidding, jin hee “ you answered the rhetorical question by yourself.

“ I really have no idea about how can you bully others when you are actually nothing, Seul Chan.. “

You sigh then place your heavy head on the table. Jin Hee is true indeed. You and Jin Hee is one package. You only have her and so does she. To be compared with Ha Na’s popularity, you are just another dust around the beach. You are nothing. People might say you are just too brave and ungrateful. You keep on doing bad things to Ha Na since the start of 2nd grade. When you first entered your 2nd grade class, you’ve never by such great shocks before as you found out you are in the same class with the girl you don’t want to see.  

Ha Na is 2nd grade angel, that’s what they said. She has those nice hearts, wealth families yet loves to share with others, those beauty but her academic skills aren’t that impressive to be compared by yours. Ha Na’s popularity is no joke. She isn’t only popular between those high school boys hottie but also high school girls. Gravity helps her much. Everything got closer easily to her, just like Suga’s heart.

It has been 3 months since you entered 2nd grade of high school and at those times you had been warned by countless times of Ha Na’s admirers.

“ you ungrateful jerk”, “if only Ha Na just let us do bad things to you”.

Those words feed by them to you when you are in ‘private’ session with them. Things are getting scarier when the admirers who came to you are the boys. Some of them are just too high, too fat and most of them stronger than you. Sometimes you just got trapped between their arms and listening to their curses to you. Some of them just throwing glares. But you never stop your move towards Ha Na. From pissed her off by your scores until poured waters to her. You just couldn’t stop.

They never touched you but Jin Hee, sometimes, being their target. You felt sorry toward her. You told her many times to stop talking with you but she ignored. She said that she just has you in this high school. She said she can endure everything but she sometimes just annoyingly asks you to stop what you did to Ha Na.

You lift your head up to see Jin Hee. She looks surprised by your sudden move.

“ did they touch you again ? “ you asked, full of concern in your voice. The last time they touched Jin Hee was the worst. Jin Hee was cuffed to a tree behind the school. She told you that she felt her stomach bad so she went to the health section but weirdly until the school end, you didn’t see her that you started to look for her. She was all wet and unconsciousness.

Jin Hee shook her head, “ I am okay “ she said then smiled. Your eyes traveled around her face to make sure there no wounds left there, at least.

‘brak! ‘ someone purposely kicked your table which cause your chin which laid on the table rubbed against it. You rubbed the stingy feels which grew on your chin then prepositioned yourself. You opened your eyes after clenching your jaw a bit, showing off that you are annoyed by the sudden act given. The girl in front of you shot killer glares to you. It’s Min Ah, one of Ha Na’s besties.

“ ah—what are you doing Min A yaa… “ Ha Na who witnessed the scene held Min Ah’s right arm. She forced Min Ah to move but Min Ah’s eyes still dared your eyes for the staring battle.

“ She is .. “ Min Ah raised her voice when Ha Na abruptly moved to Min Ah’s back then pushing Min Ah a lil by her shoulder.  

“ ja – jaa I said I am fine “

That’s how they left you and Jin Hee. Ha Na didn’t look at your eyes a bit even when she left you. Her eyes laying on Min Ah’s only. Your eyes keep following Ha Na’s movements. You felt hurt inside while looking at her, your anger filled up your body as well. You are sick of her angel like attitude. You are sick of her naïve words. You are sick of looking at her. You are sick of her.

[]

 

 

“ That’s yoon gi “ Jin Hee placed herself beside you after slightly nudged your body.

It’s PE class. Your class and Suga’s shared the same PE schedule and the same PE teacher. You felt grateful for that. You can freely see Suga plays any games without stealing time by skipping class. You can enjoy his smiles, his charms when he played basketball, his pouts, his sweats which came from his hair some flews around his neck, forehead. You can see how the wind blew his hair, how his body is just perfectly ran around. Eventho you aren’t so good with PE, this class is one of your favorite class.

When you just turned your head a lil away from Suga, you can see Ha Na is going to pass your front. Few seconds before she passed your front, you laid your feet at front which practically made Ha Na fell.

“ oops “ you folded your feet again while Jin Hee rolled her eyes. Jin Hee had no idea how could you take this chance to hurt Ha Na. She felt that sometimes you just got nothing better to do than pissing Ha Na off. She thought you can’t see Ha Na coming to your way since your eyes busy with Suga but she was wrong.

“ Ha Na yaaa … are you okay ?? “ the voice of the girl who walked with Ha Na is really high. No wonder she was freaked out since out of nowhere Ha Na fell down. Since her voice filled the super wide field, she successfully turned the quite spot into the center of attention. The changing situation automatically makes you stand up to reach Ha Na’s hand and help her standing.

“ sorry I don’t know you are coming .. “ you said with no guilty tone and as innocent as possible. Ha Na took your hand. I need to clean my hand after this, you thought.

Ha Na only looked down , didn’t dare  to look or turn to see your face. Once her hands left yours, she moaned a bit. We all looked down to her left knee, fresh blood can be seen there.

“ She is bleeding !!!! “ Ha Na’s friend is freaked out again.

“ L – let’s take her to the health section “ Suddenly Jin Hee also turned panic then took Ha Na’s left arm then helped her walk. You just coolly following from behind since you can see it coming. Ha Na fell because of you, how come the scar couldn’t be created after such a hard and sudden falling? It’s obvious that she will be bleeding, you didn’t surprised. That’s why your reaction was pretty poor when you see the fresh blood flew from her left knee.

 []

 

 

You already changed into your studying uniform for the next class. Before the math class started, you got scolded many times by Jin Hee. She is okay with all the bully you did to Ha Na as long as it didn’t create any bloods. This time she said that she wish this day wouldn’t ever happened again, there you promised her to do as her wishes. For someone who already ate some poisons for things she never did, you can easily promise her that.

The math class ended, lunch time. You almost left your chair when suddenly someone pushed you hard to the wall.

“ ah.. “ you moaned as your back bumped hard to the wall. Jin Hee who already waited in front of the class, moving faster to your side then tried to let the arm which placed on your neck to loosen up a bit.

“ y – ya ! what are you doing !! “ you can hear Jin Hee’s voice. You want to tell Jin Hee to stay out of the situation but even breathing is pretty difficult for you now. You felt the arm on your neck already moved and your shoulders are being pressed to the walls.

“ WHAT IS THIS ?? “ The voice came from your attacker, Min Ah.

You felt something soft being thrown to your face. You opened your eyes then your hand reached out the material like uniform which hung on to your shoulder. It’s a torn upper uniform.

“ YOU DID THIS RIGHT !! “

You smirked then titled your head to see Min Ah’s eyes. She looks so pissed off and angry. You raised one of your eyebrows, simply to make the situation hotter.

“ do you have any proof ? “ you sounds too calm as a suspect which made Min Ah doubt herself whether her reaction was right or wrong. One thing for sure to her, Ha Na wouldn’t like it if she saw her did things like this toward you.

You changed your smirk into tight lips and put serious face on you then shot strong gazes to Min Ah,“ you don’t. right ? then excuse me.. I have lunch to eat. “

You throw the torn uniform to the floor then took Jin Hee’s hand then dragged her to move with you.

You walked further and started to form another smirk on your face. Yes, I did it, stupid.

[]

 

 

 

You walked to your other friends who spread all around to collect their resume papers inside the library since the English teacher asked to make some resume of English books which can be found in the library in 3 papers. You are in charge of collecting the paper then put it on the teacher’s table. Time’s over then you collect all the papers.

“ are you sure you don’t need my accompaniment?” Jin Hee asked as she passed her papers to you.

You nodded, smiled assuring. “ It’s okay.. just go back to the class then tell the chemis teacher that I will be late a bit.” Your chemistry teacher is one of those killer teachers and one of teacher who has a lil tolerance of lateness.

Jin Hee nodded, “ okay then.. “ she tapped your shoulder,” seems like I need to move fast “ she smiled then left you alone. You inhaled deeper when you saw at messy stack of papers on your front. Cant they just give it to me nicely? as you replayed in your mind how some of them gave their papers to you. But hey what you expect when you treat one of them in a very bad way. You chuckled a bit. You arranged the paper nicely then your eyes stuck on one of paper which the name column filled with ‘Park Ha Na’. You stopped then took her resume. You read her papers. You know the book which she resumed. You know the story too good since you read it many times in the old days. She really wrote the resume nicely. Her handwritings are captivating as heaven. Each she made, her chosen words, the alignments put beautifully as well. So neat, so lady-like. You've finished reading her resume then took out 2 papers of her 3 clipped papers. You almost wrapped the 2 papers with you when suddenly you heard Ha Na’s voice out of nowhere “ Don’t !”

You startled then looked around. You walked a bit then turning your face to the left and right to find no one around. Since there’s a possibility she stood behind you then you turned your body which caused you to fell hard on your . The paper all scattered around you. A fairy which totally looks like Ha Na, like the mini version of Ha Na, is flying there on the air. She flight closer to your eyes as your eyes widened. She stood up on the air right between your eyes with her arms crossed in front of her chest.

Is this lil creature who just talked to me ?

“ Yes ! Me ! This lil creature ! “ She answered what’s on your mind which made you hitch your breath.

“ w—who are you ? “ you stammered since you are much surprised.

 

 

“ Ha Na’s guardian angel “ she answered boldly.