Chapter 6

Guardian Angels

 

Suga is casually walking beside the boy whom he decided to .

“ so.. what’s your name ? “ he smiles.

“ Jeon jungkook “ the boy speaks in lower tone means he respect the guy beside him.

“ I am min yoon gi, everyone call me, suga.. “ Suga smiles looking at the boy who doesn’t let his eyes left his sight from suga, he nods after.

“ suga hyung, then ? “ he asked, hesitantly address the guy who he just met with hyung.  Suga placed his hands on his pockets then nodded as he smiled.

“ yeah.. you can call me hyung “ he loves hearing how jungkook tried to sound closer with him by addressed him as hyung.

Jungkook almost asks Suga about how close he is with SeulChan when suddenly Suga asked the same to him. “ yeah , we are so close “, He answered, being JungKook who was so curios about the hyung beside him, he added,” how about hyung? “

He asked, curiosity is killing him inside. He waited patiently as the hyung took a good time thinking before answering his question.

Suga doesn’t really know how his relationship is with Seul Chan. To be considered as a good relationship, it is but to be called close… well it’s not too close if he recalled how Seul Chan hardly reacted good with his words.  “ well, you can call it close but  not too close “, he hesitantly answered then threw his typical showing teeth smiles to JungKook. JungKook replied his smiles with his eyesmile then they focused back to the road.

Jungkook’s steps stopped following Suga when suddenly Suga stopped then turned body to see him. Jungkook lifted up his face to find Suga stood there, facing him.

“ this is her class “, Suga explained as his hands motion to the class entrance direction. Jungkook lifted up his face to check on the class’s name to find 2-4 there. The class sounds quiet but he didn’t dare to peek inside since he has already accompanied by one of the2nd grade members.

“ I’ll come inside and take her for you, okay ? “ Suga asked as he keeps his eyes on the boy in front of him who still tried to record the spot. He understands, may be this boy next time want to be in front of this class again without his accompaniment. Jungkook looked at Suga then nodded his head slightly as cue for Suga to go inside the classroom.

Suga walked inside to find the class so quiet. No wonder, lunch break time. Actually the weirdos are those who keep stay inside the classroom in the lunch time. He just minded about the weirdos when right at the time, his eyes caught Ha Na’s figure. No, Ha Na is exception he shrugged then walked closer to Ha Na who focused with her paper. He needs to walk passing 3 tables to arrive at Ha Na’s table.

Ha Na could sense someone has already stood up in front of her table. She could sense it’s a guy as the corner of her eyes caught the guy’s shoes. She lifted up, slowly scanned the guy from toe to head. She found from the badge name it’s Suga so she quickly lifted her eyes up to be greeted by Suga. She smiles as she saw Suga then puts her pen down, “ Oh Yoon Gi “. Everyone knows and told her how Suga is all over her. Well, she only heard from them and never from Suga himself, so she tried not to let her heart be affected by anything Suga related since everything might just rumor which she shouldn’t think too much over it.

Suga let his hand traveled to the back of his neck as he felt shy. Making the first move to the girl he had crush on all the time isn’t something new but he felt all the giddy sensation again in him. His lips keep forming tight line and he already swallowed some big gulps before he decided not to look stupid in front of Ha Na.

“ so.. Seul Chan isn’t here ? “

Such a stupid question since he can observe it by himself. The students remain in 2-4 are only 3 persons and Ha Na is one of them, the rests are guys. Ha Na turned her face to the left and right then she realized that she is the only girl inside the class.

“ well, usually she is having her lunch at this time,” she answered after taking good looks around the class to make sure Seul Chan isn’t at the class, with her.

“ back of school “ she added,” she usually takes lunch there with Jin Hee “ she smiled after. She knows how Seul Chan loves to spend her lunch time.  Suga nods once he heard Ha Na’s answer then thanking her for that. Before he managed to make a step after turning his body and excusing himself from Hana, he could hear his name was being called by Ha Na. He turned his body back to face her.

“ could it be.. “, she asked hesitantly, Suga can just see it from how she bites her lower lip then threw her gazes slowly from the ground to his eyes, “ you have another fight with Seul Chan ? “

Suga fought against his melting heart as he saw Ha Na’s rounded eyes met him. He let out an awkward chuckle then his words follow after, “ why would I ? well.. we are getting closer now “

Suga doesn’t know how close Seulchan and him now tho but he believed that Seul Chan is starting to open herself more to him.

“ it’s a relieved then.. “ Ha Na put a slight relieve sighs which made Suga even more curious about what Hana’s heart made from. He just didn’t get it how Ha Na could still act that way toward the girl who keeps on disturbing her. He started to get shaken whether Ha Na is a girl angel alike or she is an angel herself. Without he even noticed it by himself, his smiles grow as his eyes keep staring at Ha Na’s face.

“ well actually, it’s not me who is searching for Ha Na “, he tried his best to let some words out of his lips. He doesn’t want to be someone who looks too foolishly in love. As his heart keeps beating too hard, he forced his brain too also work hard so he could stop his eyes from staring at Ha Na too much. It’s too risky staring at someone in this close distance, it could be easily caught.

“ it’s him.. “ while his thumb directed to outside, he let his body slightly moved so Ha Na could see the boy figure who is standing outside her class door. Suga’s smile started to disappear got replaced by surprised expression as he could see how Ha Na muttered JungKook’s full name.

“ woah.. do you know Jeon Jungkook ? “ he asked excitedly.

“ y—eah kinda.. “ she smiled but her eyes hasn’t finished scanning the boy who stood in front of her class door. Suga smiled as he knows that Ha Na knows Jeon JungKook.

“ do you close with him ? “ his smile is growing even wider as he knows that he can create another conversations with Ha Na.

“ n – no “, she answered as her eyes back to Suga, “ he might have no idea about me “ she giggles.

Actually Suga wants to create more talks with her as suddenly she talked about wanting to have her lunch since the lunch break is almost done. It’s like a cue to him to leave her alone and get Seul Chan as fast as possible. He wants to know how Ha Na knows Jungkook but he buried his curiosity for now then excuse himself for the second time. He walks closer to Jungkook who still standing properly in front of the class door, didn’t even bother to lean his body to the wall beside. Jungkook’s smiles welcoming the getting closer Suga. Suga replied his smiles with the same one then added that they have to move faster to see Seul Chan.

“ the girl you talked to earlier.. is that Park Ha Na, hyung ?”, jungkook asked the older as his hands holding the lunch boxes they just bought for both of them. Suga realized that the lunch break time is almost end and he hasn’t had his lunch so he suggested to buy lunch first. If they lucky enough, they can have lunch together with Seul Chan later.

“ o –oh do you know Ha Na ? “ Suga excitedly answered as the younger started the conversation first.

Jungkook can see Ha Na’s slight figure from where he stood earlier. He peeked a bit inside the class so he knew that there are only 3 students left inside, one girl and 2 boys. He also clearly saw how Suga made his steps toward Ha Na. Her figure is just too familiar for Jungkook.

“ yeah, I know her.. “ Jungkook answered as he started to see two girls sitting together on the grass directly on their front.

“ do you close with her ? “ Suga asked again as he remembered well that Ha Na said that JungKook might have no idea about her. Suga got his interested in Jungkook so he didn’t notice what JungKook noticed in front of them.

“ yeah, we are pretty much close “ he answered as his head turned to Suga and his smiled grew wide on his face. “ hyung, I think that’s Seul Chan noona “ he slightly titled his head as he tried to point the girls he could see since his hands full with lunch and drinks.

Suga turned his face to the front. He felt something odd when Jungkook said he knew Ha Na well when Ha Na said she didn’t. Could it be, Jungkook also has some feelings toward Ha Na ? he asked in his mind as he tried to shrug his question off for now since he could see two girls figure who still focus with their lunches. Suga smiled when he saw Jin Hee noticed their appearance then waved his hand a bit.

[]

 

 

 

“ ya.. it’s Suga..” Jin Hee nudged your arms when you almost put a fried egg inside your mouth. Predictably, the egg fell from the spoon then you cuss Jin Hee under your mouth.

“ stop kidding, crazy girl, I am not falling for your trap twice “ you took your fallen egg then added some rice now to your mouth. Jin Hee is the only girl who knows you had hidden smitten feeling for Yoon Gi and with that, she loves to play you around.

Speaking about lunch, this is your second lunch box. Jin Hee already asked you many times to finish everything then walked to the class. Right before the lunch break time, there’s math class. A ridiculous thing just happened at the class. Suddenly the teacher made a math Olympic game for your class. The teacher will brought same questions to the front challengers then who finished it faster and right will keep on going to meet the next challenger. The teacher also provides some worth drooling prize for the first winner. The teacher knows how good you are on your scores, in every score, since the teacher is also your homeroom teacher.  The teacher chose you as one of the two first challengers. Being the arrogant you, you asked the teacher to prepare some punishments as well for the losers. There, the teacher thought that it was a great idea and that’s how Kim Jeong Min, Lee Seung Yeol and Park Ha Na ended up to spend more sometime at the class before getting their lunches.

Jin Hee nudged your arm once again, this time she turned up her voice, “ I am not lying, it’s min yoon gi ! “ she doesn’t bother to tell you again since you didn’t believe her. She knows that you wont believe her easily since she loves to play prank about yoon gi’s appearance. She decided to take some of your veggies on your lunch box which she loves the most.

You lifted your eyes to see two figures of good looking boy walking to your direction. You can see Yoon Gi throws his best smile to you. Actually you love the fact that you used to Yoon Gi’s existence around you. You turned your head to the other side to see, Jeon Jungkook. Wait, JungKook ?? you put your chopsticks then gulped fast as you saw JungKook. What the hell is he doing here ?? the man of topic is looking at your direction cheerfully. No wonder the facial features are so familiar, he is just getting a bit taller than the last time you saw him. There’s no second skipped your eyes from eyeing Jungkook. He also did the same. In no time, they both are already taking seats in front of you. JungKook right in front of you and Suga crossed you means in front of Jin Hee.

“ Hi ! don’t mind if we join here right ? Seul Chan, I come here to.. “

“ what are you doing here ?” you cut Suga’s words to make things clear with Jungkook. Jungkook keeps foolishly smiling at you who look so incredibly surprised by his appearance.

“ transferred student,” he answered playfully then opened his lunch box as if he knows that you wont like the idea of he is transferring to your school. You rolled your eyes.

“ give me your phone “ you said coldly as your right hand on your palm side now, asking for his phone to be placed there.

“ ah why ?? “ he asked as his eyebrows furrowed. You remain steady as you keep your hand on the current state which made JungKook inhales deeper then closed his eyes.

“ okay okay.. I know you wont believe me “ he placed his phone on your palm. Once his phone landed on your palm, you entered the password to access his phone then walked away to make a call to Jungkook’s parents.

Jin Hee who didn’t get the situation at the first time only monitored the scene. Once she saw how Seul Chan entered a phone password without asking the owner, it means the guy in front of her bestfriend now is really close to her. She moved her eyes to Yoon Gi. She also had no idea how could you, Shin Seul Chan, now befriend as well with Yoon Gi. She tried to connect all the strings together when suddenly she got distracted by Suga’s voice.

“ this punk is Seul Chan’s bro.. “ he said as he motioned his thumb to Jungkook’s direction.

“ Jeon JungKook “ the boy introduced himself while bowed a bit.

“ ah.. Lee Jin Hee “ , Jin Hee also slightly bowing as response. Once she done exchanging glance some seconds to record the whole face of SeulChan’s bro, so she wont be awkward when they happened to meet in the corridor, she turned her face to Suga who comfortably pouring some sauces to his lunch. Suga can feel Jin Hee’s gaze on him. He lifted his eyes then looked at the eyes of Jin Hee which seems like throwing a how-could-my bestfriend-got-closer-to-you looks.

“ Ah,.. “ he nodded after gulping a tiny bit of his sausage,” we are part time friends “ he casually answered then continued with his lunch.

“ what ? “

“ what hyung?

Jungkook and Jin hee asked the same time as they surprised by Suga’s confession.

hmm ? “,  Suga tried to open a plastic of fried onion with his teeth, he put the already opened plastic then open it larger with his fingers, “ what ? SeulChan is my parttime friend ? “

Suga doesn’t get bothered by Jungkook’s and Jin Hee’s question as he keeps on throwing things to his lunch to create his perfect lunch. While JungKook is crashing his eyebrows in disbelief, Jin Hee is minding about how could you didn’t say anything about you and yoon gi attended same parttime job.  Jin Hee shrugged her minds off then took her phone out. Rather than being awkward and no conversation with two guys who enjoyed their lunches, she decided to play with her phone.

Jungkook shifted his eyes to see your back. For him, you are more precious than anything he had in his life beside his parents. Listening to Suga’s confession, Jungkook definitely felt down. He could never imagine you are working while studying, thing you never did before. He looked down to his lunch then continue eating while his heart keep asking himself why you never answer his calls or texts when he was away.

“ here “, you reached out your hand so Jungkook can get his phone back.

“ see? I m not lying .. “, he muttered under his breath while his hand took his phone. He put it back to his pocket then shifted his eyes to you.

“ so where do you plan to live now ? “ you asked. Jungkook didn’t lying is a relieved. You always afraid that someday he will grow as a rebellious boy eventho he has such a perfect family. His family and yours are so close. You and Jungkook growing old together until you were on your 3rd grade mid school and he was on his 2nd grade. He moved to Europe on his 3rd grade and you really had no idea how could he re appear on your front.

“ Apartment”, he answered and you jaw dropping followed by incredible reaction from Suga and Jin Hee. For a high schooler, freshman, living in apartment and moreover…. Alone. Those kinda guys are never too far from wealthy family. Suga gulped his lunch hard while Jin Hee missed her games because of Jungkook’s simple answer.

“ just move to my house, “ you simply saying. Jungkook widened his eyes then turned it sparky because of your words.

“ could I ? “, he held his spoon full of food tightly. You nodded then he excitedly munched his lunch.

“ my mom must be missing you a lot “

Jungkook flashing a smile which you couldn’t see because both of you are focusing to finish lunches.

[]

 

 

 

“ you brought him here “, Suga chuckles beside you as he dried the cups. You washed the cups, Jimin and V cleaned the room and Jin counted money. Jungkook still coolly sat on his chair from the first time he came with you to the café till the closing time now. He is reading a book which clearly you had no idea what the title of the book is since sometimes jungkook just playfully reading a book in his spare time.

“ yeah, I gave him my address but he refused to go alone,” you rolled your eyes then take a slight look to Jungkook’s direction. You can hear another chuckles slip outta Suga’s lips.

“ it seems like you aren’t too happy with his existence “, he guessed since he could only see Jungkook’s sparky eyes but not yours.

“ well, he is just incredibly annoying “, you said which turned Suga’s expression into the confused one.

“ well, I don’t think so,” he answered as he recalled the times when he walked with jungkook to your class. It’s him who built a conversation first while Jungkook is only answering.

“ you just haven’t gotten closer to him “

“ hmm may be .. “, he shrugged,” but you are too cold to him “ he laughs.

“ it looks like he loves you a lot “, he added as he put on a soft smile. Suga knows a boy in love and Jungkook is definitely one.

You stopped cleaning then turned your head to see Suga. Suga who felt your gaze on him also turned his face to see you.

“ is it that obvious ? “ you asked to Suga. Suga guessed it right. Jungkook confessed his feelings to you 4 months after his leaving.

“ w – what is this ? so you know about his feelings ? “, Suga surprised that he said a right thing. He widened his eyes as you looked down and tried to think everything back. If Suga could see it then it’s too obvious right ? You lifted your eyes to meet his then nodded.

“ he ever confessed his feelings to me “, then you turned to focus on dirty cups again then turned the tap water on.

“ really ? “ he asked in disbelief then playfully asking,” then how’s your answer ? “ he tried to capture your eyes as he moved closer to you then turned his face to your direction.

“ I said no “, you coldly answered. You really said no at that time and you apologized to him many times for that. Suga who heard your answer commented at how cold you are to Jungkook then he focused to the cups again.

“ what should I do if I don’t love him that way? “ you asked a rhetorical question as Suga nodded his head. Yeah, she’s true indeed, he said in mind.

“ could it be, you already had someone in mind that time ? “ he is just asking. It’s not like he wants to know everything about you but getting closer to you is always the best choice he ever made. He loves to get closer to you. He wants to be. Since you are so cold toward him the first time you know him so he loves to make everything between you and him, friendlier.

You gulped hard as you heard his questions. You took a long time to answer. You know that Suga doesn’t really have any interest to really know about it. He just wanted to get closer to you. You know that for sure but still your heart beating too hard as you heard that question. Suddenly the urge of confessing your feelings to him is getting higher. Your heart beating incredibly fast, you thanked God that it’s only yourself who can hear your heartbeat right now.

“ yeah I have in mind “

Once you answered the question, you scolded yourself mercilessly in mind. Suga was surprised that he could hear the fact that you had someone in your mind. You got his full attention now, he stopped drying the cups then turned his body to focus on your cold figure who pretend like you just said a not big thing while it’s for Suga. He grinned then asked “ woooo~ who is it ? “

You hurriedly dried your hands after cleaning the last cup then also turned your body to see him. Now you both are standing, facing each other. You looked at him, pretended like you are going to answer his question while acting like hesitating when you definitely wont say it since it’s him, himself.

“ think I need to help V .. “ you passed him since he left some spaces open on his right side. You left him dumbfounded then he cant help but laughing to himself.

“ ya Shin Seul Chan.. I can wait for your answer lateee~r “ he playfully saying then back to dry some cups left.

You can clearly hear his voice which made your legs trembled.  Let’s see when is later, suga.