Experiment #35

DUMP ME NOW!!

It was finally the day of the long waited science fair everyone worked hard on.

Jiho was pondering around the school's gym checking up on everyone's project. When he got to mine, he was confused.

"Sumin-ah, where's the project you worked with Jonghyun hyung??"

"Don't worry. I decided to make some changes last minute. Where is Jonghyun??"

"I have not idea. I'll go check up on him. He might be setting up for the other students too."

"Okay. And Jiho? Can you do me favor?"

Jiho nodded his head in approval.

"When I present, can you make sure Jonghyun is in the center of the crowd??" I felt a bit embarrassed asking such a weird request afterall, within an hour, the whole school knew we broke up.

 

 

 

 

 

"Good afternoon everyone. Welcome to our 25th Annual Science Fair. This year the science club decided to spice things up a bit by researching on a project of their own choice with a partner. I hope everyone can learn something from these experiments." Jiho returned the mike to its original spot when he finished his little monologue.

 

I was pacing back and forth, suddenly becoming really nervous. I can't believe what I'm about to do is going to the death of me if something goes wrong.

From a distance I saw Jonghyun's immerse expression at the presentations. My heart beat accelerated at the sight of his perfect features. I just hope I don't screw up like I usually do.

 

 

 

 

After moments later, I was informed that my presentation was last. At least I can rehearse to myself what I was going to say.

I went to the secluded side of the gym and pulled out my index cards. While practicing, I heard a voice. Actually two familiar voices.

I hid behind a trash can and started to eavesdrop.

"Oppa. I'm go glad we're back together." A high-pitched voice beamed.

I looked up to see Sica clinging onto Jonghyun's arm while snuggling against his chest.

Since when were they back together? I thought he said he loved me. We're these all lies too?

I felt like an idiot for a moment. So I was so nervous for this guy for no reason. I was about to confess my true feelings and all that made me look like is an idiot girl in a one-sided relationship.

 

I made a dash away from the trashcan, tripping on a banana peel in the process, startling the couple, but I was fast enough to run away without them seeing my face.

 

 

"Oppa, who was that?" Sica asked in an aegyo tone.

Jonghyun shrugged and furrowed his eyebrows realizing Sica's arm was clung onto his. "Get off."

"Why? Aren't I your girlfriend now?"

"Since when? We broke up a long time ago. And you know the only person I will ever love is Sumin."

Sica scoffed at him. "Well you know she doesn't love you back. Can't you just forget about her and come to me??????"

"Never. I will wait. I will wait for that day to come.

 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~

 

 

 

 

 

I saw at the grassy area of the school's yard, bawling my eyes out. I hate this. I hate this heart broken feeling. I don't want to get hurt, but it seems inevitable.

Why can't something in my life go right for once?'

"Hey, are you okay?"

I looked up to see who that comforting voice was.

"Hey. I'm fine." I wiped away my tears and put on a fake smile.

"Noona, I'm your twin. I know you are not okay. What happened? You're not backing off of the plan are you??"

"Yeah. I am. I don't have a chance."

"what do you mean?"

"He and Sica unnie are back together." Tears started to roll down my cheeks again. Taemin embraced me into a tight brother-sister hug.

"Are you sure?"

I nodded my head. "Yeah I'm sure. I heard them talking."

"Noona, can you do me a favor?"

"What is it??"

"Just continue with your confession. You never truly know until you ask him face to face and if anyone makes a fool out of you is making a fool out of me since we do look identical if I dress up as a girl."

I chuckled at the childhood memories where our mother makes Taemin dress up as a girl so we can head to the girl's restroom together and get discounts as at shops since he did make a cuter girl than me.

I nodded my head.