The Memory and The Jerk

Protected By The Beasts

[Dongwoon’s POV]

           All I remember after that day was waking up with someone over top of me; this person was one of my fears, a Vampire. I had begun to cry when I first saw him something funny is, he’s my friend now…

{FLASHBACK}

           I opened my heavy eyelids only to see that I wasn’t in the place I fell asleep. I sat up, panicking, had I been kidnapped? I glanced around, my head was throbbing and my heart was beating so hard and fast that I thought it would hop outside of my chest. I felt like I was going to throw up since I was so scared, well, it was either that or wet myself… I can’t fully remember…

            Anyway, in my panicked state I knocked over the candle which luckily landed in a tub of water that was on the floor. I had burnt my hand a bit, which caused me to yelp. As soon as I yelped, a blonde haired person appeared right in front of me, grabbing my hand. I began to squirm, trying and failing to get out of his grip.

         The man suddenly embraced me and I froze, the man squealed, “You’re so cute! You’re trying to get away from a vampire…you don’t like us do you?”

         I stared at him like he was crazy, despite my tear filled eyes; he smiled and ruffled my hair. I looked at his fangs when he smiled, and I remember just bursting into tears. He began to panic, thinking he had hurt me.

         “OMO! Did I hurt you?” asked Yoseob, worried, “If I did, master will kill me! OMO…or worse…Hyunseung will not allow me to see Kikwang!”

      I stared at him again; he confused me, and stuttered out, “W-why would you care I-if I was hurt?”

      He suddenly calmed down again, “Oh…yeah…you don’t know…”

     “Don’t know what?” I asked, tilting my head to the side cutely, tears still streaming out of my eyes.

      “I’m Yoseob!” said the man, or should I say vampire, happily while sticking out his hand for me to shake. I stared at it, and then looked at him again; he was a really confusing person. “My master told me to watch and protect you.”

      “Why would you want to protect your enemy?” I asked quietly, getting really confused now.

     “Because your blood is clean and is the sweetest there is!” said Yoseob, and I began to sob again.

     “You want to kill me!?” I sobbed out.

     “Yoseob, you screw everything up, you know that right?” asked another vampire appearing, he hugged me, “We don’t want to hurt you…We can’t even touch you, if we do our master will kill us…he’s very close to killing Yoseob for making you cry…”

     I looked at the red head vampire, who wiped away my tears, “You don’t want to kill me?”

    The red head laughed at my cuteness, “No, we don’t want to kill you…We want to protect you from the others who want to kill you.”

     “Are you lying?” I asked scowling.

     “No, but your people are.” said Yoseob.

      I glared at Yoseob, “So, I’m a liar?”

      “Seriously, Yoseob, shut up you’re Kikwang-deprived and aren’t thinking straight…” hissed the red head, “I’m Hyunseung…The other person who is to protect you.”

      “Can I go see Kwangie then?” asked Yoseob.

      “Yes,” Growled Hyunseung, “Just get out of here while I’m explaining things to him.”

      “I’ll be back in a bit.” Said Yoseob before he vanished in midair.

      Hyunseung looked at me while shaking his head, “I’m sorry about him…Are you calmer now?”

     I nodded, smiling cutely at him.

     He pinched my cheeks and I pouted, “You’re so cute!”

     “Who’s Kwangie?” I asked, looked at Hyunseung, with big, round, innocent eyes.

     “He’s Yoseob’s boyfriend…” said Hyunseung.

     “Who’s your master?” I asked.

     “His name is Doojoon…He’s the king of vampires, he’s also the person who found and saved you from enemy vampires who wanted to soil your blood…” Said Hyunseung, he smiled at me.

     “By enemy you mean the group of vampires that joined humans in attacking the vampire king…that king is Doojoon?” I asked, shaking my head, “This is confusing!”

     “Well, even if it’s confusing, you are getting it. The people coming after you are the enemy vampires who betrayed Doojoon and joined the humans in attempting to take him down…” said Hyunseung, “but they ended up kill all but five of us who were in the castle that day…”

     “Those five are you, Yoseob, Kwangie, Doojoon, and some person I don’t know.” I said.

     Hyunseung nodded, “We knew of you since you were born, so we knew they were going to discover you sometime, and that time was five days ago.”

     “When my appa abandoned me…” I said, “So my appa has something to do with this?” 

     “Let’s just say yes, he did.” Said Hyunseung, “He also is the one plotting things for the enemy.”

    “Wait…if my blood is so valuable why’d he abandon me?” I asked.

    “That I can’t tell you…” said Hyunseung, his face looked sad, “All I can say is…He didn’t abandon you and the one who you think is-”

     “Hyunseung, Doojoon wants you!” said Yoseob cheerfully, appearing.

      Hyunseung nodded standing up; he looked at me and smiled, “I’ll tell you the rest when you become of age in eleven years…”

      Hyunseung then vanished and Yoseob smiled at me, I looked at him with a confused expression, what had Hyunseung wanted to tell me? And why is he making me wait until I’m seventeen that jerk!!!

{FLASHBACK END}

       “MR.SON!” yelled my teacher, bringing me out of my thoughts and flashback; I flinched as she hit my desk with a ruler.

      “Yes, ma’am?” I asked innocently.

       “I’ve been calling your name for the past ten minutes! Go up to the board and do the problem!” yelled Mrs. Choi, my teacher, glaring at me.

        I sighed and stood up, heading to the front of the class. As I walked up to the board a jock in the front row, I think his name was Younghwa, stuck his foot out, causing me to trip. I landed on my face and the whole class, even the teacher laughed. I sighed and got onto my knees; I then spotted my glasses and quickly put them on, knowing that my status in school would change if anyone from my class saw me without them on.

       I then stood up and walked to the board, quickly finishing the problem before anyone quit laughing. I then walked back to my desk, packing my things into my bag noticing the bell was going to ring any minute, which meant I could go home, take off my annoying glasses and get to see Yoseob and Hyunseung.

       Just as I finished packing up the bell rang and the laughter turned into excited chatter, since it was a Friday night, meaning we had two days away from school. I quickly exited the room and school in total, meaning I ran out of the jail, making sure I wouldn’t run into the jerks anymore for today. When I got far enough away from the school, I took off my glasses, rubbing my sore jaw which had a pretty nasty bruise on it from when I was punched during lunch by the same jerk that tripped me.

      “They’re going to flip…” I muttered, by they I mean the Kiseob and Junseung couples.

       Doojoon had increased security around me, since we’ve had more attacks towards me recently. Doojoon, even though I never met him, also ordered Junhyung to teach me how to defend myself against a vampire since he knew I couldn’t have taken on even the weakest of vampires, but after six weeks of training I could easily take Junhyung, the strongest of the four guarding me, down in less than five minutes, and most vampires couldn’t even take him down.

       As soon as I stepped foot into the house we were staying in on the outskirts of town, Hyunseung and Junhyung appeared in front of me.  I quickly hid the bruise by kneeling down and looking at my shoes as I untied them and took them off.

       “How was your day?” asked Hyunseung.

       “How’s my best pupil?” asked Junhyung.

      I looked at the two, and growled “How do you think I am? I despise school and you all know I do! I feel the same the way I always do! Why do you guys keep sending me back there? I already know all the crap they are teaching there!”

     “Dongwoon, honey, calm down.” Said Hyunseung, walking towards me,

     I glared at him, still hiding my jaw, “I’ll calm down once I don’t have to go back to that jail again.”

     “Dongwoon, you only have to last three more months,” Said Hyunseung, “You then become of age and you can quit if you want to.”

     I glared at him and punched a wall, “They are a bunch of brats…Why do I have to go there? Why did you guys have to choose THAT school?”

       “We choose that school since it was the farthest from their part of town, and because it’s the closest school in town,” Said Junhyung, “It makes it easy for us to get to you if they choose to attack you when you’re at school or on your way home.”

       “Still hyung, did you guys look into if it was the best?” I asked, “Because truthfully, you do nothing there! Well, you do learn crappy ways to fight a vampire, but that’s beside the point.”

       “No, we did not look into it.” Said Hyunseung, looking at my face, he put his hands on my shoulders and began to shake me, “WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR FACE!? WHO IS THE BLOCK HEAD WHO HIT YOU WOONIE? WHO DID IT? TELL ME I’LL KILL ‘EM!”

        I sighed, pulling his arms off my shoulders and looking him in the eye, “Don’t worry about it hyung.”

        I then ran upstairs and into my room, locking my door, even though it won’t do much since the four could easily appear in my room due to their powers. I dropped my bag on my desk, hung my school jacket up on the back of the desk chair, and laid down on my bed, staring at the ceiling.

       I sighed, closing my eyes and saying to myself, “Three more months Dongwoon…ninety more days…ninety more days until you find out what Hyunseung wanted to tell you ten years ago… ninety more days of acting like a nerd…You can do this Dongwoon, you can do this…”


Thank you for reading!!! *bows* I made Chapter Two long since Chapter One was so short! Please comment so I can know your opinion about the story! Just so you know, Yoseob looks like he did in the "Shock." Hyunseung, Junhyung, and Kikwang look like they did in "Fiction." As for Dongwoon, he looks like he did back in their debut days in the "Bad Girl" MV.

THANKS AGAIN FOR READING!!!!
Sincerly,

LCBLuvsKpop