day fifty-four ; 2/2

Bucketlist: Live, Laugh, Love

“Nobody knows you’re here aside from the five boys, don’t worry.” Taemin started before Jinri got to ask. “They really wanted to show you their actual performance even though you’ve seen them practice for millions of time. Their performance was dedicated only just for you anyway, as Baekhyun had said, in terms of White Day. Since the girl they wanted to dedicate the dance to wasn’t in school, might as well bring it to where she is.”

   Jinri blinked back her tears. She couldn’t believe they’d do something like this for her. “These idiots,” she mumbled but Taemin heard it loud enough to make him chuckle.

   “Your mom said it’s like hitting two birds with one stone.” Taemin continued, “Not only were they able to perform for you, they were also able to perform in front of these patients who can’t go out to celebrate the day. Clever, right? That’s the reason we got the hospital’s permission.”

   “That’s sneaky!” Jinri rolled her eyes. The next song started with a beat and the girl placed her attention back to the talented boys on stage. “How—Since when did you guys plan this?”

   Taemin cleared his throat. “Last night,” he answered. “When you were sleeping, we took advantage of it.”

   “Just last night?” Jinri gaped. “I cannot with you, guys!”

   “Their plans, not mine.” Taemin raised his hands in surrender.

   “This is unbelievable,” Jinri overheard a grandfather tell his nurse. “Are they idols? How long have I been here in the hospital?”

   The girl watched the boys dance and her gaze fell specifically on one boy in front, Kim Jongin. He was dancing but it was obvious that he was scanning the crowd. When his eyes finally landed on Jinri, he smiled; it was that rare smile she missed so much. She gave him a small wave, happy that even though they were quite hidden, just staying on the side at the back, he was able to spot her.

   Jinri still couldn’t believe they’d gone out their way just to do this for her. They didn’t have to.. and planning it overnight?! That’s impossible yet they were able to pull it off! She’s done nothing but burden everyone, wasting their time and effort, and wasting her mom’s money on her when they could have just used it for something more important.

   What did she ever do to deserve all these?

   “I’m showing myself,” Jinri stood from the wheelchair, trying to calm down her pounding heart.

   “What?” Taemin widened his eyes as he turned to look at her. “Are you insane?”

   “They have to know I’m here, that I was able to watch them..” Jinri smiled despite her tears. “That all these didn’t come to waste.”

   “Jinri..”

   Jinri took the IV bag and hooked it on her two fingers. “Gwenchana,” she said and slowly made her way in front.

   When the music ended, the audience clapped as EXO gathered in the middle to bow. Once they all stood straight, they saw the girl everyone has been wanting to see. Jinri smiled at them while the rest of EXO stood dumbfounded on stage. Why was Jinri here, standing in front of them near the stage? Why was she wearing a hospital gown? What’s that liquid bag she’s holding? What’s that tube leading at the back of her hand for? Why does she look so pale? Why does she look so thin? What happened to her?

   “Hi,” Jinri greeted.

   What are you doing, Jinri? Sehun thought, shocked.

   There was a moment of silence between the group and Jinri as if they were the only ones in the place until several “Jinri!’s” were heard. The clueless boys jumped off the stage and surrounded the girl, greeting and hugging her, and asking a lot of questions.

   “Hey, hey! Careful!” Jongdae jumped off the stage too and pushed his friends aside. “She needs to breathe,”

   Jinri lightly chuckled as she wiped her tears. “Thank you,” she smiled. Just a few more minutes, heart. She thought because she knew it was coming; she’ll black out soon. Jinri faced everyone and said, “I missed you, guys.”

   Jongdae smiled and gave the two roses—that were placed in his pocket before they started to perform earlier—to Jinri. “For you, Princess. Happy White Day.”

   Following Jongdae’s example, the boys one by one gave the roses to her, greeted her a “Happy White Day,” hugged her, and said “I missed you.”

   Baekhyun and Chanyeol came next, the taller grinning.

   “Did you like our surprise?” He asked.

   “Jongdae was the one who thought of this plan,” Baekhyun nodded.

   “But that’s because I couldn’t think of what to do for you for White Day.” Chanyeol nodded, trying to get some credits from his best friend.

   “Shut up,” Baekhyun just nudged him and stuck his tongue out. “I wanted to perform in front of her.”

   “Aish, you guys really didn’t have to.” Jinri shook her head and smiled, “but thank you. I appreciate it a lot,”

   The two smiled and gave her cheeks a kiss at the same time: Baekhyun on the left and Chanyeol on the right, before giving her the roses and going back to their friends who have crowded to hear Jongdae’s explanations of what’s really happening.

   Sehun came next, smiling as he handed her the pink and white roses. “These roses have their own meanings,” he informed. “That’s why we’re giving them to you.”

   “Sehun-ah..” Tears started to flood Jinri’s sight again.

   “How are you feeling?” Sehun caressed Jinri’s forearm with his fingertips.

   “Happy,” Jinri lightly chuckled and sniffed. “Surprised; a lot of things, actually.”

   “I’m glad. You were able to watch the whole performance, right?”

   Jinri nodded. “As always, you all were amazing.”

   Sehun smiled and kissed her forehead. “Happy White Day.”

   “Thank you.”

   “Jinri,”

   Sehun then excused himself to join their friends.

   The girl felt her heart skip a beat from that tone of voice. It was coming from behind her and oh, how she missed it so much. She really missed how Jongin calls her that way because even though everybody calls her “Jinri,” the way he calls her by her name sounds so new, so different, so unique.. so special. Jinri turned around to face Jongin and smiled, trying to hide the pain her emotions are giving her. Sometimes, she hoped she couldn’t feel anymore just to be safe from her condition. That way, she could just fake a smile—because she’s really good at it—, not suppress anything, and not have her heart suffer. “Jongin-ssi,” she finally said.

   Jongin smiled and Jinri wanted to cry for it but either way, whether she cry it out or stop it, she knew an attack will still come its way to get her. Jongin enveloped her in a tight hug, not the kind of hug you’d want to get away from because you feel suffocated but the kind of hug that says “I will never let you go”; the type of hug you’d always want to stay in. “You idiot,”

   Jinri started to sob on his chest as she tried to tighten the hug, her arms around his torso. With the IV bag on the left hand and the right hand gripping the bundle of roses, that was quite hard. And Jinri was starting to feel weak and drained, she feared she’ll fall if she pulled away.

   “I’m not mad at you if that’s what you’re thinking,” Jongin said. “I just couldn’t believe you’d keep something like this from me.”

   “I’m sorry.”

   “Sssh,” Jongin rubbed Jinri’s back soothingly. “It’s fine.”

   It hurts, Jinri shut her eyes. The pain in her heart was unbearable already and her knees were starting to weaken. But she fought it with her remaining strength, listening to the beats of Jongin’s heart. “Jongin-ssi,”

   “Hm?”

   “I just want you to know that I love you so much.”

   Silence.

   “I love you too, Jinri.”

   And as if on cue, Jinri finally gave out. Her hand loosened her grip on the roses, causing them to fall on the ground, her IV bag slid off from her fingers, and her body fell limp in Jongin’s arms.


Screw the bullets. I love you and I don’t want to kill you guys so choose your own adventure. Consider this as a triple update.

Click for the sad, intense, heart-breaking, I-hate-you-so-much-author kind of chapter.
Click for the chapter that will make you release the breath you’ve been holding the past few chapters.

Enjoy! ♡ And please leave legit feedbacks. ; ; /slapped by yous.