day sixty-six ; 1/2

Bucketlist: Live, Laugh, Love

Jinri was bored to death ever since yesterday. She couldn’t believe Minho would actually tell her friends that they’re not allowed to visit her the whole day even if she understood why he had to do that. Yes, he’s worried and he’s just doing this for her own good but it’s not fair. So Jinri didn’t have any choice but to lie down on her back and stare at the ceiling, letting her imaginations work until she fell asleep.

   Since today is Wednesday and it’s already afternoon, the girl knew she’ll be having visitors again. She wasn’t sure if Jongin or Sehun is going to visit but she still anticipated their arrival. After all, she missed the two guys a lot.

   Jinri was reading some notes when her ears perked up, hearing someone knock on her door. She watched the door open and a boy whom she hasn’t seen in awhile stepped inside. A bright smile immediately spread across her face as she squealed, “Taemin-oppa!”

   The said boy looked at her and returned the smile with one of his own, “Baby girl!” Taemin quickly went beside Jinri’s bed and hugged her tight. “I missed you so much!”

   “Yah, where have you been?” Jinri pouted, “It’s been awhile.”

   Taemin let go of her and sat on the nearby chair, “Well, I’m pretty sure Soojung had told you that it was our finals week. I’ve been busy with exams but it’s all over now. I was here in the hospital yesterday,” he informed. “I was supposed to visit you but thought of dropping by at Minho-hyung’s office. Man, he can graduate already, seeing as he’s really dedicated here in the hospital. Anyway, Sehun was there too. I think they were talking about something, I don’t know, then Minho-hyung saw me and informed us that we’re not allowed to visit you.”

   Jinri tilted her head to the side at the mention of Sehun’s name, “Sehun was there?” She repeated.

   Taemin nodded, “Yeah, I asked him, after we left Minho-hyung’s office, if he was supposed to visit you too and he just nodded. Minho-hyung could be so cruel sometimes. Why didn’t he allow visitors? Did something happen?”

   “He wanted me to rest for the whole day,” Jinri pouted a bit. “But I could rest even if I have company.”

   “Oh well, he’s just looking after you.” Taemin shrugged then grinned, “Besides, I’m here now.”

   “And I’m glad,” Jinri smiled. “How were your exams?”

   “Practically got my brain cells squeezed out and since I’m a dance major, I had to perform in front of my instructor and two panels. Mind you, I had to choreograph the whole dance.”

   “Well, I’m sure you were able to pull it off well.” Jinri grinned, “You’re Lee Taemin! There’s no way they’ll give you an unreasonable grade.”

   The two conversed with each other, trying to catch up because it indeed had been awhile. Taemin told Jinri about how successful his date was with Soojung but they were not able to help it but think of her while they were together. Taemin even said he could have cancelled everything if it weren’t for the fact that he already made some reservations and he can’t do a refund anymore.

   “I was even hoping before that you and Jongin would be able to join us too like last Valentine's Day,” Taemin had said.

   Jinri felt bad because of what Taemin and Soojung had felt that time. If only nothing triggered the attack, the couple would have enjoyed their date more. So she thought that she can make it up to Taemin—and also the fact that he had been telling her about his escapades with Soojung—by telling him what Jongin did for her the other day, minus the kiss that happened later in her room because she felt that it was something to be reminisced about just between her and Jongin.

   Taemin now understood why visitors were not allowed yesterday and he intently listened to Jinri, thinking that he never thought Jongin would do something like that but it was romantic of him to take her out on a date despite the complicated circumstances.

   That was pretty much what they’ve been doing, just chatting around and sharing stuff, before a group of company came knocking and going inside the room. Soojung went inside with the five boys: Jongin, Sehun, Chanyeol, Baekhyun, and Jongdae, and when she saw her boyfriend at the same room, she squealed and greeted Taemin, who was already standing to welcome her, with a big, warm hug.

   “Taeminnie-oppa, I missed you!”

   Jinri smiled at the sight before she averted her gaze to the boys, lifting her hand a little and waving it. “Annyeong,” she greeted.

   “Hi, Jinriiiii!” Baekhyun greeted back happily, giving her a tight-but-not-so-tight hug. “Did you miss me, huh? Huh?”

   Jinri giggled, nodding. “Of course!”

   “How are you?” Jongdae smiled, “I heard from Jongin that you weren’t allowed to have visitors yesterday.”

   That perked up Taemin’s attention, drifting away from his conversation with Soojung for awhile. They were told ahead of time? He thought as he stole a glance at Sehun.

   “Yeah, I had to rest but I’m doing fine anyway, you?” Jinri grinned.

   “Better, now that I saw you.” Jongdae winked and grinned back.

   Jinri laughed at this while Jongin rolled his eyes. The boy approached her and greeted her with a kiss on the forehead.

   “Hey,”

   “Hi,” Jinri smiled up at him.

   “Did something happen to you, Jinri-ya? That’s why we’re not allowed to visit?” Chanyeol asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

   “No, nothing happened.” Jinri smiled.

   “Ah, I remember that Jongin was with you the other day!” Baekhyun pointed then he looked at the said boy, playfully narrowing his eyes. “What have you done?”

   “I just took her out is all,” Jongin shrugged nonchalantly and since it had sparked their interests, Baekhyun, Chanyeol, and Jongdae urged him to tell them what happened.

   Jinri just chuckled at how silly they were and noticed that Sehun hadn’t been talking at all. When the boy caught her eye, she smiled and patted the space on her bed.

   Sehun did nothing but to silently approach and sit down on its edge.

   “Are you okay?”

   Sehun looked at Jinri and gave her a small smile, nodding. “Yeah,”

   “You’re quiet.”

   “I’m always quiet,”

   “But..” Jinri paused. Sehun was right anyway; he’s always quiet. “I don’t know, it feels unusual..”

   Sehun chuckled, lifting a hand up to ruffle Jinri’s hair. “You worry too much. I’m really okay, Jinri.”

   “I heard from Taemin-oppa that you were here yesterday?”

   “Ah, yeah..” Sehun looked away but his gaze was met by Taemin so he looked back at Jinri. “Um, Jongin said we can’t visit you, as per Minho-hyung, but ah, I wanted to try my luck and go here personally to see if maybe, Minho-hyung would allow me.” Wow, he’s actually learning from Chanyeol with his excuses.

   Jinri grinned and she didn’t see how relieved Sehun looked when he saw that reaction. But Taemin still couldn’t get the feeling off him about the fact that Sehun might be hiding something. He didn’t tell Jinri but when he saw Sehun at Minho’s office, the two seemed to be in a serious conversation and it didn’t seem like Sehun was forcing Minho to allow him to see Jinri. It felt something more serious than that despite the fact that when Minho saw that Taemin came in, he immediately said: “You’re really not allowed to visit for today” as if diverting their topic to something else.

   “Eh?” Jongdae’s reaction was enough for everyone to hear. That was his sole reaction when Jongin ended his story from asking Minho’s permission to waking up because it was drizzling. “Jongin, you are indeed boring—”

   “—Wha—”

   “—Jinri, how can you deal with this guy?” The troll looked at the girl.

   “Yah—” Jongin glared at him.

   Jongdae looked at him again, “Seriously, man. You could have done more than that. Like serenading her or giving her flowers or making her watch fireworks from your phone if you can’t afford setting fireworks for real. Or you could have at least led her to a slow dance with a silent song only your hearts can hear,”

   “Cheesy but that’s coming from a love expert,” Baekhyun commented.

   “You just basically ate and slept.. on a crappy blanket.” Jongdae mercilessly added, shrugging a shoulder nonchalantly.

   “It was a dinner after all,” Jongin mumbled to himself.

   Chanyeol shook his head. That’s Jongdae for you; he’s too frank for anyone’s liking. “Give Kkamjong a break,” he defended. “Like what people say, it’s the thought that counts. At least he inserted an effort to make Jinri happy. Right, Jinri-ya?” Chanyeol looked at her and grinned.

   Jinri smiled and nodded, “That night was definitely one of the most unforgettable moments of my life.” She looked at Jongin, a tinge of pink coloring her cheeks.

   When the boy met her eyes, the embarrassment he felt upon hearing Jongdae’s heartless comments disappeared and was immediately replaced with a shy smile, the both of them remembering perfectly well how their first kiss felt so perfect and right.

   “Yeah, everything was simple but the feeling was there, you know?” Jinri continued, the smile never leaving her face as she looked at her friends. “I felt so contented just by having Jongin with me and the thought of him actually going his way just to make me happy is very touching. Come on, who knew the great Kim Jongin could be cheesy sometimes?” She grinned.

   Jongin groaned, “Alright, you guys. You can stop ganging up on me now.” He answered.

   “Jonginnie is embarrassed,” Jongdae sing-songed in a teasing manner and the others snickered.

   Jongin shivered unpleasantly at the nickname, “I will strangle you if you call me that again.” He glared at the troll.

   Jongdae grinned, “Jonginnie~”

   “Kim Jongdae!” Jongin stuck to his word, putting his hands around Jongdae’s neck and strangling him playfully. The victim acted like he was dying, wailing and flailing his arms.

   Everyone laughed and what’s worse is that Baekhyun and Chanyeol joined Jongin with strangling the poor old Jongdae. Sehun just rolled his eyes at how childish his hyungs were being but he couldn’t deny the fact that while Jinri was describing the feelings she had that night, his heart was being torn into pieces.

   Someone knocked on the door and three people came inside: Mrs. Choi, Minho, and Doctor Jeon, and the new comers looked quite shocked at witnessing three boys strangling someone inside a patient’s room. Jongin, Baekhyun, Chanyeol, and Jongdae were frozen on the spot as well.

   Minho awkwardly cleared his throat and the four boys fixed themselves to look more decent.

   “We were uh, just playing around.” Jongin explained, scratching his head from embarrassment.

   Mrs. Choi just smiled, shaking her head. She went to her daughter’s side and kissed her cheek. She also turned to Sehun, who was still seated on the edge of Jinri’s bed, tilting his head up a bit to receive his forehead kiss.

   “Well, as long as you aren’t hurting each other,” Doctor Jeon said. “Anyway, since everyone’s here, we have some news.” She placed her hands in her coat’s pockets and smiled at Jinri.

   Sehun suddenly felt someone staring at him intently and he looked around the room to see who it was. When his eyes met with Minho’s, he immediately looked away and clenched his jaw.

   “Jinri-ya,” Doctor Jeon continued. “We found you a heart donor.”


AUTHOR’S NOTE: Yay, the story has more than 10,000 views already! o/ Just wanna give you guys a heads up: this story is coming to an end soon. : ) So there. By the way, if I make a Taelli fic, would you read and subscribe to it? o u o ; Eheh. Just asking cuz I might make a Taelli fic so yeah. I’ve got nothing more to say. I have a class tomorrow—I mean, later because it’s already past twelve midnight—and guess what, it’s a Sunday. Wowzer. Byeeeee~