day six ; 1/2

Bucketlist: Live, Laugh, Love

“I’ll be leaving now, umma.” Jinri pecked her mother on the cheek before getting her brown shoulder bag and slinging it over her shoulder. She double-checked herself on the mirror, dusting non-existent dirt from her dark brown long-sleeved sweater to her casual chiffon skirt before turning back to her mom. “How do I look, by the way?”

   “Lovely,” Mrs. Choi eyesmiled at her daughter. “Your colors are coming back as well. Whose doing could it be?” She joked.

   Jinri just laughed and hugged her mother. “See you, umma.”

   “Take care, honey.”

   “Always,” the girl waved her hand before going out of the house.

   Upon reaching the school, Jinri walked around while she waited for Jongin to finish his dance practice. She was still thinking if she should check him at the dance studio or just keep herself busy by roaming around the campus but when she thought it isn’t a crime to take a peek, she skipped happily towards the dance studio.

   Through the small window on the door, Jinri peeked inside and saw several familiar faces before spotting Jongin. She smiled brightly upon seeing him and kept her eyes on him as he and the rest of his dance mates practiced. Jongin is really great at dancing thus earning the title of the “dancing machine”. Jinri could see the passion he’s exerting.

   “Break time, everyone!” Their instructor announced after turning the music off.

   Everyone went to their own bags to get towels and drinks and when Jinri managed to spot Chanyeol nudging Jongin in her direction, she widened her eyes and stepped back, preparing herself to leave. She her heels and was about to leave when she heard the door opening and a “Jinri” coming after it.

   Jinri froze a bit before slowly spinning herself around and with a nervous bow, she greeted. “Jongin-ssi..”

   “What are you doing here?” Jongin asked as he wiped his forehead with a towel.

   “I was waiting for you,” Jinri scratched her head. “Don’t worry, I just dropped by to see how you’re doing. I was originally going to wait for you by the gates but curiosity got the better of me so I—”

   “For what?” He asked.

   “Huh?” The girl blinked.

   Jongin rolled his eyes. “Why are you waiting for me?”

   “O-Oh, I thought..” Jinri’s voice trailed off as she looked down. She fumbled with her sleeves that were covering her hands entirely and continued, “I thought we were going to eat lunch together.”

   “. . . ,” Jongin muttered to himself as he dried his hair with the towel. “, I forgot everything about it.”

   Jinri heaved a deep breath when she felt her heart throb upon hearing it. She bit her lower lip and glanced up at Jongin who was looking rather troubled and just smiled instead. “It’s alright. If you have plans with your friends, we can go next time.”

   Kyungsoo’s words echoed inside Jongin’s mind once again: “Don’t make her feel stupid..

   Jongin sighed as he raked his hair back. “It’s fine. I’ll just tell my friends I can’t go with them.”

   “No, really, Jongin-ssi.” Jinri shook her head. “It would be embarrassing to your friends if you—”

   “Two minutes!” The instructor shouted.

   “Are you with someone?” Jongin quickly asked.

   “Huh?” Jinri blinked.

   “I mean did you come here with a friend or—?”

   “No, I came here alone.” Jinri answered, shaking her head.

   “Aish,” Jongin bit his lower lip and said, “Come inside and wait for me there. Even the sun won’t keep you from danger.”

▢ ▢ ▢

“I was actually expecting most of you to be more impressive because we have a girl as an audience, not be distracted.” The instructor said and laughed, shaking his head, after announcing the end of practice.

   Jinri blushed from embarrassment upon hearing the instructor’s statement and wished to just shrink or vanish into thin air as she slightly and shyly bowed her head in apology.

   “Hey, Jinri.” Some of the guys greeted her, especially a few who were in her class like the Chinese-blooded Luhan, Zitao, and Yixing, and Jinri greeted them back with a bright smile and a big wave.

   “I see Jongin was the one who invited you in,” said Yixing as he smiled, his deep dimple on the right side of his cheek showing.

   “He never invited anyone in until today,” Chanyeol butted in, chuckling, and nodded his head up once. “What’s up, Jinri-ya?”

   “Hello, Chanyeol-ah.” Jinri waved, smiling. “I was actually planning to wait for—”

   “Get lost, you guys.” Jongin interrupted as he grabbed his towel to wipe his forehead. “Don’t talk to them,” he told Jinri, shaking his head.

   “Aw, come on.” Chanyeol whined. “Don’t keep her all to yourself, Kkamjong.”

   “Wae?” Jongdae, one of Jongin’s dance mates, popped out behind Yixing, blowing on his neck in the process, which he hated the most.

   “Holy—” Yixing was about to slap Jongdae at the back of his head but Jongdae was able to catch his Chinese friend’s wrist.

   The troll just laughed and turned his attention back to Jongin and Jinri. “Are you two going out or something?”

   Jinri blushed at the question.

   “Yes,” Jongin immediately answered, grabbing his duffel bag. “Literally,” he continued as he swung it over his shoulder. “Won’t be able to go with you guys today, aight? Let’s go, Jinri.” He turned to his back and casually walked towards the door without waiting for anyone’s reply.

   Jinri lightly jutted her lower lip out as she watched Jongin’s retreating back and turned to the rest of the guys. She bowed several times towards them, saying her goodbye. “Annyeong,”

   “Yah, ppali.” Jongin called impatiently.

   “Deh!” Jinri nodded and was practically running-slash-skidding her way towards him when she stopped upon hearing someone else calling—or saying, rather—her name.

   “Jinri-ssi,”

   Jinri turned to look at the person who called her and eyesmiled, seeing it was Sehun.

   “Jinri,” Jongin called again.

   The girl turned to Jongin for a second before giving her attention back to Sehun. She waved her hand at him, her smile never fading, and went on her way to Jongin.

   “Aish, so slow.” Jongin rolled his eyes when Jinri reached him.

   “Mianhae, Jongin-ssi,” she slightly bowed her head.

   “Take care, guys.” His friends called out to them.

   Jinri looked back at them, waving her hand. “Always!” She smiled.

   “Will do,” Jongin answered, opening the door, and when Jinri was about to pass, he beat her to it, saying “Idiot,” before going out completely, smirking.

   “Meanie,” Jinri pouted before following him.

▢ ▢ ▢

“So where are you planning to take me?” Jongin asked as the two walked through the busy streets of Seoul.

   “There was a newly opened restaurant around that I wanted to try,” Jinri grinned happily. “I figured I should go there with you.”

   “I see.”

   “Don’t worry! It’s all on me today,” Jinri nodded. “Also as a payback for last time’s bubble tea.”

   “But you said it was a restaurant,” Jongin clarified. “Isn’t it expensive?”

   Jinri thought about it for awhile and chewed on her lower lip. “Well, yeah..” She answered.

   Jongin glanced at her. “You look disheartened,”

   “Nah,” Jinri smiled. “It’s for you anyway.”

   Jongin just watched the girl as she started humming and thought of what this girl wouldn’t do for him. “If you say it that way then,” he smirked. “I’m going to order as much as I want until your wallet cries blood.”

   “Yah,” Jinri looked at him and pouted.

▢ ▢ ▢

“Seriously?” Jongin raised an eyebrow when the two reached the restaurant Jinri was talking about. “A chicken restaurant?”

   Jinri nodded. “Deh, wae? If you don’t want to, it’s fine. We can—”

   Jongin just ignored her and went inside. He’ll order to his heart’s content, alright.

   The two were ushered on a four-seater table by the window near the back and they sat in front of each other just like how they were back at the bubble tea café.

   A waitress then came and gave them each a menu.

   Jongin’s mouth literally watered at the sight of the pictures of the different chicken dishes at the menu and he actually wanted to order all of them. He honestly didn’t worry about the death of Jinri’s wallet but he did think about whether or not will they—or he, for the matter—be able to finish everything.

   Jinri noticed how the waitress kept glancing at Jongin and pouted. She wondered if the boy notices too and just acted ignorant or he’s really oblivious about it.

   “What’ll be your order, sir?” The waitress asked as if Jongin isn’t with anyone.

   “Hmm, I’ll have an order of grilled chicken, an order of buffalo wings, and bottomless iced tea.” Jongin answered as he scanned the menu. “I might order more so I’ll get back at you later.”

   The waitress nodded as she jotted down his orders. “Alright, how about your sister?” She tilted her head to the side, trying to act cute.

   Jongin glanced up at her and arrogantly raised an eyebrow. “Why don’t you ask her? She’s not deaf. Neither is she mute. Tch,”

   The waitress pursed her lips together from embarrassment, cleared , and turned to look at Jinri who seemed a bit sad. “Your order, ma’am?”

   Jinri took a look at Jongin who already had his palm under his chin and his attention outside the window and turned back to the waiting waitress. “I’ll have some grilled chicken as well,” she said, reading the menu. “Chicken soup and bottomless iced tea too, please.” Jinri looked up at the girl and smiled a little. Who wouldn’t feel down if you were seen as your crush’s sister, right?

   The waitress who looked rather bored when she was writing down Jinri’s orders pressed her pen and nodded, “Your orders will take about thirty minutes so please wait for awhile.” She smiled at Jongin.

   Jongin couldn’t help but roll his eyes at what the waitress said. Duh, what else were they supposed to do? Leave after ordering? Jongin would have actually done that because she was pissing the hell off him if it weren’t for the fact that it’s a chicken restaurant and he’s goddamn hungry.

   “Chakkaman,”

   The waitress was about to leave when Jongin called her attention. She turned to look at him and smiled, waiting for him to speak.

   Jinri looked at him, blinking and curious about what else he needed though she did wish he wasn’t serious about killing her wallet but what she heard from Jongin next made her heart skip a beat and her blood rise up on her face.

   “She’s not my sister,” Jongin stated, his cold stare piercing the waitress’ gaze. “She’s my girlfriend.”

   “J-Jongin-ssi,” Jinri stuttered as the waitress bit her lip; she bowed her apology and respect then sauntered off to have their orders prepared.

   Jongin turned to look at Jinri. “Don’t get your hopes up.” He looked back at the window to continue watching people. “It’s just that you looked disappointed earlier.. and I didn’t want to be at all related to you. I had to make it clear,”

   Jinri shook her head and eyesmiled, “Gwenchana, I’m happy.”

   “Whatever.”


AUTHOR'S NOTE: I so enjoyed reading your comments, guys. HAHAHA! Thank you! And since you wanted a longer chapter, here you go. ;) I had to divide it into two parts though because itthat long so . . . e u e ; Anyway. Most of you kept saying how Sulli will die in the end and whatnot. Does it really have to be that way? Sobs. Because really, dont go crying on me if I kill her. - ^ - /slapped. Aha - Im kidding. ; ; Dont kill me. Just keep calm and read on. /wink wink. ♡ AND OMG GUYS BTW. BLOCK B AND BAP WERE THE BOMB LAST NIGHT AT THE CONCERT AND OMG SUJU-M. SOBBING. ; A ; /stops spazzing. Okay, byeee!