day twenty-six.

Bucketlist: Live, Laugh, Love

It’s Friday and it’s Valentine’s Day. Love is in the air and by love meaning the sweet scent of chocolates everywhere in the campus to be given to the boy a girl admires the most. Unfortunately, Jongin and his friends were not out of the question.

   The five boys stared at the pile of chocolates in the middle of their table and later on, Sehun came back with another small paper bag. He placed it upside down, causing the chocolates inside to join the mountain.

   “Cavities,” Kyungsoo sighed as he took one small Snickers bar. “Cavities everywhere.”

   “Who got letters?” Joonmyeon opened up.

   Apparently, everyone raised a hand.

   “Did you read them?”

   All of them shook their heads.

   “Who got confessed to personally?” He asked again.

   Everyone raised a hand again.

   “Who accepted?”

   They all shook their head.

   The six boys sighed and looked around the cafeteria. There was another mountain of chocolates on another table and the other six people from their dance class seem to have the same dilemma, except for one who was happily eating some chocolates.

   “I’m telling you,” said Baekhyun. “We’ll all whine about this tomorrow at practice.”

   “Except for Zitao, maybe.” said Joonmyeon and they all chuckled.

   Chanyeol pouted as he played with another chocolate bar. “I was expecting something from someone but she didn’t give me anything,” he sulked.

   “Jinri,” Baekhyun, Joonmyeon, and Kyungsoo chorused.

   Jongin and Sehun lightly chuckled.

   “Yah!” Chanyeol straightened and messed his hair. “. . . was it really that obvious it’s her?”

   “Just a wild, lucky guess.” Baekhyun teased.

   “I don’t like her that way!” The tallest whined.

   The three laughed and turned to Jongin.

   “Did she give you anything?” Kyungsoo asked.

   “Nope.” Jongin ended the word with a pop.

   “Maybe she’ll give you something later,” Baekhyun nodded.

   “I’m not expecting her to.”

   “Are you two going on a date after class?” Chanyeol asked.

   “It’s Friday,”

   “It’s Valentine’s Day,” Baekhyun reiterated.

   “So what?”

   “So can I take her out instead?” Chanyeol grinned.

   Jongin blankly gazed at him.

   “What?” He laughed nervously. “I can try, can’t I? I mean, it all depends on her anyway.”

   “Tch,” Jongin shrugged, scoffing. “Do whatever you want.”

   “Will do then,” Chanyeol nodded, grinning. “It’s worth a try.”

▢ ▢ ▢

“Aish!” Soojung groaned as she messed her hair and stomped a foot. “This is so annoying; Taemin-oppa can’t make it today. It’s Valentine’s Day, for pete’s sake! Who’s busy on Valentine’s Day!” She slumped on her seat not knowing what to do next since it’s dismissal already.

   “Most probably the florists, chocolate factory, event organizers—” Amber answered which earned several chuckles from the girls. “You know because it’s Valentine’s Day.”

   “Well, Taemin-oppa is neither any of those.” Soojung pouted, crossing her arms.

   “Maybe something came up from school that’s why he couldn’t make it,” said Sunyoung. “He must have a good reason, Soojung-ah.”

   “But out of all days, why does it have to be today?” Soojung sighed in defeat.

   “Why, did you get him something?” Jinri smiled widely, clapping her hands.

   Soojung froze a bit and blinked. She widened her eyes and looked at Jinri, “Ani..” She said.

   “Who forgets something for her boyfriend on Valentine’s Day?” Amber teased and laughed.

   “Yah!” Soojung whined, resisting the urge to smack her boyish friend with her shoulder bag. “I was too preoccupied of what Taemin-oppa will do today that I forgot to get something for him..” She muttered.

   “But isn’t Valentine’s Day for girls to give something to the guys?” Amber blinked. “So Taemin shouldn’t do anything for you,” she nodded in conclusion.

   “Mean!” Soojung kept pouting, “A date wouldn’t even hurt.”

   “Aigoo, don’t get too worked up because of this day.” said Qian, “You and Taemin-ssi always go out anyway so what’s the difference, right?”

   “It’s Valentine’s Day!” Soojung reiterated. “That’s the difference! Aish, eottokhae!” She messed her hair up again.

   “Oh, I know.” Jinri smiled, her eyes turning into crescents. “Since we can’t do something about it, you two can make it up tomorrow if you don’t want to wait until the next Valentine’s Day. Shouldn’t matter if it’s a day late, you can always celebrate it. Actually, now that I think about it, everyday seems to be Valentine’s Day for you and Taemin-oppa.”

   Soojung blushed at Jinri’s statement while the rest “aww”-ed.

   “So why don’t you get something for him today—buy something, make him something—and just give it to him tomorrow?” She added her suggestion.

   “Jinri, you’re a genius!” Soojung squealed, jumping up from her seat, getting an idea. She gave her friend a big hug and grabbed her bag. “I’m going now, bye! Thanks!”

   The four laughed and waved goodbye, “Take care!”

   Soojung waved back and hurriedly ran out of the classroom.

   “Aish, love.” Amber shook her head. “So I’m guessing you’re the next one to leave?” She looked at Jinri.

   Jinri lightly chuckled but nodded, “Deh, I have some things to do.”

   “Take care then,” Amber smiled.

   “Always.” Jinri waved goodbye to her friends and went out of the classroom.

   She was almost near Jongin’s classroom when she saw someone come out and walk on her direction. Jinri was able to quickly distinguish who he was so she smiled and waved her hand.

   “Chanyeol-ah,”

   Chanyeol’s expression brightened. “Jinri-ya!” He jogged towards her. “I was about to come see you,”

   The two stopped in front of each other and Jinri blinked, tilting her head to the side. “Wae?”

   “Well,” Chanyeol rubbed the back of his neck. “Are you free today? I just wanted to treat you out is all, won’t be too long.”

   “Oh, I would love to,” Jinri smiled but shook her head after. “But I have to go home now,” she sighed. “There’s something important that I need to do, Chanyeol-ah, I’m really sorry. But really, I would’ve gone with you if I didn’t have any plans.”

   “Aigoo, it’s okay!” Chanyeol grinned, his left eye twitching in the process. “I understand. Knowing that you would have come with me is enough already.”

   “I’ll make it up to you next time, alright?” Jinri reached for his hair and lightly ruffled it. “I promise.”

   “I’ll hang on to that then.” Chanyeol’s grin widened, if it were even possible. “Oh, are you going to see Jongin? I’ll walk back with you since, yeah, I was able to talk to you now.”

   “Mm-hmm,” Jinri nodded. “Thanks, Chanyeol-ah.”

   “No problem!” The two started to walk back to Chanyeol’s classroom.

   “Jinri, where’s my chocolate?!” Baekhyun hollered when he spotted her by the door while Chanyeol went inside.

   Kyungsoo facepalmed as Joonmyeon shook his head in disbelief.

   Jinri laughed and waved at him, “Mianhae, I don’t have any!” She informed.

   “Aw, man!” Baekhyun snapped his fingers. “Are you going out with Chanyeol?”

   “I can’t.” Jinri pouted. “Oh, which reminds me!” She looked at Jongin who was busy with his phone. “Jongin-ssi, are we going home together? Because I have to go now,”

   Jongin didn’t even glance up at her. “Go ahead.”

   “Oh,” Jinri bit her lower lip and nodded. “Alright then, I’ll see you tomorrow!” She waved.

   “Jinri-ssi,”

   The girl was about to go but then stopped on her tracks to look at who called her.

   Jongin stared at his phone, waiting for Sehun to continue.

   “Take care.”

   Jinri smiled at him. “Always,” then she left.

▢ ▢ ▢

Kim. Jong. In.” Kyungsoo and Joonmyeon narrowed their eyes at the said boy, emphasizing each syllable of his name poisonously.

   Honestly, when he saw Chanyeol going out of their classroom, he already busied himself with whatever he can find with his phone. Knowing Jinri, she would never turn down anyone who asked her so he assumed that when Chanyeol comes back, he’ll be with Jinri, and the both of them will go ahead.

   Turns out, Jinri turned him down. Had he known earlier that it’s going to happen, he would have gone together with her.

   “Yah, what’s with the cold shoulder?” Baekhyun nudged him.

   Jongin slipped his phone inside his pocket and stood. “I’m leaving,”

   “Are you mad that I did ask her?” Chanyeol frowned, “I’m sorry.”

   “It’s fine,” Jongin took his bag. “Bye.”

   Joonmyeon looked puzzled at the sudden change of attitude whereas Kyungsoo felt worried for him.

   “Jongin-ah, gwenchana?” The round-eyed boy asked.

   “Deh,” he started to walk out of the classroom.

   “Take care, Kkamjong!” Chanyeol hollered.

   Jongin raised a hand and then he was gone. Upon reaching the stairs, he sprinted off, hoping that he’ll be able to catch up with Jinri. He felt annoyed, to be honest; maybe a bit because Chanyeol did ask her out but that’s not entirely the reason. He’s also annoyed at Jinri for saying that she didn’t have any chocolates which meant he won’t be receiving any from her today but he’s more annoyed at himself for expecting that she’ll give him something when he told his friends he doesn’t. He knew he should have known better but it wasn’t enough of a reason to send her away like that.

   Rounding the corner, he saw the bus had pulled over and there she was, boarding it. He contemplated on whether or not he should show himself to her but he decided not to. He wore his hoodie over his head and went inside the bus. He caught a glimpse of Jinri, looking down at her phone, typing something so he did some ninja moves, quickly and silently occupying the seat behind her.

   After a few minutes, he felt his phone vibrate. Jongin took it out and found that Jinri had sent him a message. He unlocked the screen and opened it.

            From: 최진리 (Choi Jinri)
               Jongin-ssi, I’m already riding the bus. ^ ^
               I’m sorry if I seem to be in a hurry earlier. ㅠㅠ
               Please don’t get mad at me. See you tomorrow! ♡
               Oh, and happy Valentine
’s Day, Jongin-ssi!

   “Tch,” Jongin scoffed to himself and replied:

            To: 최진리 (Choi Jinri)
               Whatever. Take care.

   Then he paused for awhile and added:

               Happy Valentine’s Day too.

            From: 최진리 (Choi Jinri)
               Always. ^ ^ And thank you! 

   And just like what he often did, he waited until Jinri got off safely on her stop before going back to his own.


AUTHOR’S NOTE: Yehet! A Valentine’s Day chapter for you, milovelies! Happy Valentine’s Day! ♡ I know it’s somewhat disappointing that Jinri and Jongin didn’t do something—or perhapes, a date—today but hey, that’s why there are such things as “next chapters”, right? ;) Now, here’s the “fun” part and I’m sure you guys will love what I’m going to say: the next time I update, I’m gonna do a . . . double update! Because I love every single one of you and it’s Valentine’s Day and I’m practically a loner. But here’s the deal, banana peel. You’re gonna have to comment on each of the chapter, yeah? So comment right up after finishing the first update before continuing to the second update. Deal? Yeah? Say deal if it’s a deal! And for me to know that someone actually cares about my notes—but seeing as though you guys are participating with all the shizznit I put here anyways, I’m guessing you do read but . . . Yeah. Thanks, by the way, everyone! But don’t . . . literally comment “right up” or something. e u e ; HAHAHA! Questions for today’s update: what did you guys do for Valentine’s Day? Did you like . . . have a date with your special someone or . . . what? ♡ And what do you think about the chapter’s Chanlli and slight Sessul moments? Aha - Oh, and look forward to the next update’s chapter title, by the way. You will be surprised shocked amazed. Don’t forget to also tell me what you think about today’s chapter! Love lots, byeee!

REPLIES:
   Chiboe ; I
’m so glad to hear that! Thank you! ♡
   aiyaichi ; Thank you, lovely! You say you read this again and again? Aha - I hope you won’t get tired of it. ; ;
   createa ; Now that I think about it, I don’t think this is “quite long” enough, sobs. I do hope you enjoyed it, nonetheless. ♡
   foreverjonginjinri ; And I’ve perfectly fallen in love with your username too, bb. > w < ♡ Thank you!
   minsulfanfic ; Stay tuned because the next chapters will be so intense, you can’t even —
   olympicmayhem ; Tapos pasakayin natin sa kalesa, kapikon. HAHAHA. ((= Finally! Someone who noticed that line. I found it funny too. x) Anyway, here you go! Pilitin pa yung A Walk to Remember. XD Alam mo yung “Now is Good”? Panuorin mo rin yun if you haven’t watched it. ♡ 8>