day thirty-two ; 2/2

Bucketlist: Live, Laugh, Love

A slight rumble was suddenly heard and the two looked up to see dark clouds hovering the park. A raindrop then fell on Jinri’s cheek.

   “We should go,” Jongin stood but Jinri quickly took his hand with both of hers.

   “Let’s wait,”

   “For what?”

   “The rain, Jongin-ssi.” Jinri answered, “Today’s a chance to cross out another item on my bucket list.” She grinned.

   To dance under the rain.

   Jongin looked at his wristwatch and found that it was a quarter to six already.

   The rain started to fall and everyone started to run off for shelter and leave for home. It wasn’t long enough for Jongin and Jinri to be left alone in the middle of the park by the fountain.

   Jinri stopped herself from squealing like a child as she closed her eyes to feel the rain drop against her face. “Waaah—so this is how it feels to stay under the rain. No wonder people like staying under it in the movies.”

   “Were you imprisoned at home when you were a child or something?” Jongin raised an eyebrow.

   “You can say that,” Jinri looked at him and grinned. “Mom would always pull me under a roof even when it’s just drizzling; she’s protective like that.” She spun around and clapped her hands then she ran, starting to get soaked.

   Jongin smiled at the sight and despite the cold, he felt warm inside. He slowly approached her and when Jinri faced him, he took her hands and placed them on his shoulders. His hands immediately found their way on her waist. “May I have this dance then?”

   Jinri blushed but nodded, a shy smile forming on her lips. She always looked so happy even from the simplest things; he guessed that’s what he likes about her.

   The boy blinked at where his thoughts had gone to: like her? Does he really like her? Does Jongin really like Jinri? Was he able to finally gain feelings for the girl who only asked him a favor to date her?

   “Jakku nuni gane hayan geu eolgure, jillijido anha neon wae~” Jinri started singing as the two lightly swayed side by side under the rain. “Seuljjeok useojul ttaen na jeongmal michigenne, eojjeom geuri yeppeo, baby.

   Jongin’s heart started pounding against his ribs upon hearing that song. It was as if he was being pulled back to the time when he first heard it outside the dance studio while he was inside, resting. That soft, melodic voice that made him fall in love with a mysterious girl with long, wavy hair..

   Was it.. Was it really Jinri all along?

   “Mworalkka i gibun, neol bomyeon maeumi jeoryeoone ppeogeunhage~ O eotteon daneoro, neol seolmyeonghal su isseulkka ama i sesang mallon mojar—Jongin-ssi?” Jinri abruptly stopped singing and blinked when the boy’s pair of strong arms circled their way around her waist, trapping her arms between their chests and she could clearly feel his pounding heart which scared her that he might have gotten sick. “G-Gwenchana..?”

   “That song..” Jongin muttered against her neck. “Did you.. Did you happen to sing it before, in front of the dance studio?”

   “Eh?” Jinri raked her memories and she remembered that time perfectly. It was dismissal already and she decided to roam around the school; when she started singing out of the blue, it amazed her how the walls emphasized her voice so she made the hallways her stage that day, not realizing that she had stopped in front of the dance studio because her back was facing the door. “Ah, deh. I guess it was the dance studio.. wae?”

   “And.. and your hair happened to be longer back then, right?”

   Jongin felt her nod against the side of his head. “Deh..” Jinri never even knew he noticed her. “How did you know, Jongin-ssi?”

   The boy faced her and asked, “So it was you all along..?”

   Jinri tilted her head to the side, confused. It was her all along.. what? It was her who happened to make the hallways her stage all along? Oh boy, if Jongin was there watching her, that would be very embarrassing. “I.. I guess..? Wah, did you hear me? Aigoo!” She shut her eyes, trying to ignore the embarrassment she felt.

   ing hell, it’s her. It was Choi Jinri and not Jung Soojung. How could he have been so stupid not to realize earlier? Had he really been blind? He knew something was off the moment he saw Jinri and Soojung’s picture together yet he didn’t pry deeper into it. And to think that Jinri annoyed him so much, he really was the worst.

   “Jongin-ssi..?” Jinri called, her eyebrows furrowing. She noticed how he was acting so strange..

   Jongin kept quiet as he stepped forward to lean his forehead against Jinri’s and close his eyes. “Jinri..” he whispered, his voice sounding like a plea.

   “Jongin-ssi, y-you’re worrying me..”

   “What do you really feel about me, Jinri?”

   “H-huh..?

   “Please answer me..”

   Jinri chewed on her lower lip. Her heart was starting to pound uncontrollably and that’s not good; really not good. And the weather wasn’t helping either. “I love you, Jongin-ssi.” She answered with sincerity but also with worry. Why was he suddenly asking her such things?

   “Wae? What is it about me that you love? Of all people, why me?”

   “I.. I don’t know, Jongin-ssi.. I just do.” Jinri answered, “For me, reasons are temporary.. If I have a reason of loving you, what happens if I lose it, right?” She frowned. “If I say I love you just because you’re great at dancing, what happens if you stop being great at it, right? I don’t have any reasons, Jongin-ssi.. I just love you.”

   Jongin let out a groan as he let his forehead rest down on her shoulder. “Eottokhae? Jinri, tell me.. What should I do?” He never felt so helpless in his entire life. So many emotions were surging inside him and he didn’t even know exactly what he should feel. There was joy but what overpowers it the most were confusion, loss, pain.. regret. And now that Jinri had told him why she loves him, he thought about his case. He fell in love with her voice in the first place. What happens if she loses it?

   “I-I don’t understand, Jongin-ssi..”

   The boy looked up at the girl and it was as if Jinri could feel what he was going through. Confusion and regret were evident in his eyes and she was confused as to why he would feel that way. Jongin now came to realize that even before he found out that the mysterious girl in front of the dance studio was her, he had already fallen in love with Jinri. He cares for her a whole lot to the point that he’ll prioritize her first before anything else and he’ll do anything to make her happy. All it took was just for him to stop denying his feelings and accept the fact.

   He loves her.

   “Jongin-ssi..?”

   His hands, that were on her waist, fisted on the sides of her uniform as he tried to compose himself. “What happens if I break the promise, Jinri?” Jongin desperately asked. “What happens if I fall for you?”

   “What—Jongin-ssi, you can’t..” Jinri tried to step back but Jongin’s hands kept her in place. “You know you can’t..”

   “I know I can’t but not the reason behind it,” Jongin defended.

   “Y-You promised..” Jinri weakly retaliated.

   “You forced me to make that goddamned promise!” Jongin accidentally raised his voice. “On the ing spot!”

   Jinri widened her eyes and she was finally able to step back when Jongin dropped his hands to his side, his eyes wide as well, upon realizing what he had done. “J-Jongin-ssi..”

   “What if I fell in love with you even before I made that promise, Jinri..?” The boy asked, his voice barely a whisper now.

   Jinri shook her head, a hand clutched on her chest. “That’s impossible.. You never even really knew I existed until the day I approached you..”

   “Jinri, please.. Listen to me..”

   The girl took a step back again. “I-I’m sorry, I have to go..”

   And before Jongin could utter a word, before he could even stop her, Jinri ran away. A part of him screamed to follow her and just hug her tight or else he might lose her but Jongin stayed rooted on the spot. How could a perfect day be ruined just like that?

   The next day, she didn’t come to school and that made Sehun start worrying about her big time.


AUTHOR’S NOTE: Hey, guys! Okay so I don’t know why I felt the need to explain myself so I’m going to explain myself even if I don’t have to explain myself. XD I think some of you—or most of you, even—don’t like the idea of having no Kailli moments for the following chapters. I’m sorry but I couldn’t change it anymore. It’s all planned out and it’s all part of the plot so if I change just one scene, I’ll have to change everything that comes after that and to be quite honest, I’ve already gone the long way and all I have to do is proof-read my chapters before posting them. What I’m trying to say is that the following (said) chapters are written already and that they’re just in my drafts.. so there. But to give you guys a snippet, I’m pretty sure you’ll enjoy the adventures of Chanyeol, Sehun, and Jinri.  Most of which are going to be intense though; some of you might even want to flip tables or something, I don’t know. Or maybe it’s just me, aha. But the thing is this is where the real drama starts so I apologize to my subscribers who hate drama.

   Apparently, this Author’s Note is getting longer than I expected but I just have to voice these thoughts out. I’m sorry. Though just a spoiler to like.. boost up your interest or something (if that even helps), the next chapter is going to be Chanyeol and Sulli’s date! /slapped. So for the Chanli shippers out there, anticipate it. And if I get lucky tomorrow (because I’m going to school to see if the list of graduating students are posted already), I will do a triple update. Because you will hate me if I posted just one chapter even if the next chapter is already long. And just so you will understand the story once again and that your curiosities will be answered already. So there.

   Oh, and please please please, guys. I notice that most of you are answering my Author’s Notes and not commenting what you actually think of the chapter. Come on, I need your thoughts about the chapter, not about my Author’s Notes. OTL Though I do appreciate that you’re all talking to me and reading my notes and stuff but yeah. And my silent readers are starting to come out of the closet already but I’m gonna need all your thoughts on the following chapters especially if I suddenly posted the three chapters in one go. Let your feelings, frustrations, and whatever out on the comment box below. It’s free, you don’t have to pay! You even get to have a karma! /smacked. But yeah, you get me.

   As for this chapter, it was hard writing it, to be honest. It broke my heart seeing Jongin like this but it had to be done. ; ; I mean—At least you guys already know what he really feels about Jinri and that you now know that Jinri’s actually someone in his past; that Jinri is the girl and not Soojung. ♡ But yeah, like I said, this is where the drama starts so.. I’m giving you a heads up already. Oh, and this is out of the blue but I never thanked you guys for supporting this story so yeah, thank you so much! I wouldn’t really have come this far without all of you. ^ ^  And I’m sorry if I might not be able to meet up to your expectations. Sorry for the long Author’s Note too. Though I will sooo know if you did read this or not, heh. Byeeeee! PS: This is the song Jinri was singing earlier. I’m going to hide now.