day nineteen.

Bucketlist: Live, Laugh, Love

Jongin and Jinri made a deal that every dismissal, the both of them will go home together unless one of them had plans with his/her friends. They also came to an agreement that if one of them can’t make it on Saturday, they have to hang out together on Thursday after dismissal to make up for it. They decided it to be Thursday so that Jongin would be able to rest on Friday because the next day would be his dance classes.

   Jongin seemed neutral with the plan but Jinri felt really happy that she couldn’t help but smile whenever she remembers it. She wondered why he wasn’t complaining about it and thought if he had a change of heart because of the news about her father but as if reading her mind, Jongin made it clear that it wasn’t at all because of that. Maybe a small part of it could be a reason but he said it was just because he got nothing else to do and he’s bored most of the time that’s why he agreed.

   Jongin’s friends, you see, often just hang out inside their classroom after dismissal, just talking and whatnot so sometimes, he tends to just leave first because that’s all they do when no one knew what else to do or where to go.

   Meanwhile, Jinri only hangs out with her friends in school but after dismissal, they have their own plans not unless the five of them wants to hang out together somewhere on a random day which rarely happens but most days, they’re on their own and plus, Jinri had to always go home right away. She’s the home-school-home kind of girl.

   So all is fine. Jongin and Jinri looked like they just found each other and immediately became best of friends, pushing aside Jongin’s blunt replies and teases. They even exchanged numbers now.

   “You’re not falling for her, are you?” Chanyeol asked on lunch time.

   “No,” said Jongin. “I will never fall for her.”

   “Never say never, Kkamjong.” Joonmyeon shook his head. “Who knows? One day, you might just eat your words. Jinri is a lovely girl, if I may say so myself. If you just give yourself a chance and open up more to her, she won’t be that hard to love.”

   “I won’t,” Jongin insisted. “And I promised I won’t.”

   “Promises are made to be broken~” Baekhyun said in a sing-song voice.

   Jongin’s friends were aware of their Saturday-Thursday plan but that’s all he ever told them. Jongin only answers what his friends ask but his frequent updates about what happened every time he and Jinri meet have become unstable that he didn’t go into full details anymore. Sometimes, he doesn’t even tell his friends anything.

   “But you’re not staying with her because of pity, right?” asked Kyungsoo, his eyebrows meeting in the middle. He hoped that Jongin doesn’t say otherwise because if it is so, Jinri’s just breaking her own heart without even realizing it.

   Everyone’s attention went to Jongin.

   “She asked for a favor; I agreed out of consideration.” Jongin defended. “But all my intentions are real, alright.”

   Baekhyun lightly chuckled. “If I know, you used to complain about her all the time and that you were just forcing yourself to stay with her just to get it over with,”

   Jongin didn’t say anything because what Baekhyun said was true anyway.

   But things change.

   “Sehun-ah, you’ve been really quiet lately.” Kyungsoo pointed out, “Is something bothering you, honey?”

   All eyes shifted from wherever to him.

   Sehun looked at everyone and shook his head, “I’ve just nothing to say is all, no worries.” He assured.

   Chanyeol grinned, “Jealous that all attention is with Kkamjong and not you?”

   Sehun scoffed, “Please.”

   Jongin just smirked and when the youngest noticed it, he just stuck his tongue out at him and turned his attention on drinking his bubble tea.

   “Children,” Joonmyeon just shook his head.

   “Go get yourself a girlfriend too, Sehun-ah.” Baekhyun suggested.

   “And get bombarded with annoying questions? I’ll pass.”

   “At least Sehun knows how it feels.” Jongin muttered.

   “You think our questions are annoying?” Chanyeol gasped.

   “Jinri-ssi isn’t even Jongin’s real girlfriend yet you ask him questions about them like there’s no tomorrow, what more if I have a real girlfriend?” Sehun shrugged nonchalantly. “You guys are far worse than girls gossiping, to be honest, really.” He said then he noticed how Jongin fell silent.

   The others started defending themselves whereas Jongin thought of what the youngest had said. Jinri-ssi isn’t even Jongin’s real girlfriend.. His voice echoed inside his mind. Yeah, I should always keep that in mind. He thought. Because no matter how real his intentions are, his “relationship” with Jinri will never be real.

   It was just a favor asked.

   And somehow, somewhere in his heart, Jongin felt a pang he never thought he would feel.


AUTHOR’S NOTE: I enjoyed reading all your comments, guys. ; ; I love you, huhu. /shot. Anyway, there was this one comment—but idek, it disappeared—asking where were day two and three, aha - okay, just thought I had to be clear on that one. Day one was the first day Kai and Sulli talked to each other. Remember when Sulli gave him three days to reconsider her favor? The next chapter became day four because that was the last day of reconsideration so yeah, if you count it . . . Yeah. Ugh, do you even get my explanation? -_- I hate explaining, tbh, because Im not good at it, AHAHA. Whatever. Anyway, sorry for the short update. ; ; The next ones gonna be quite long anyway so itll be worth it. Hope you enjoyed though! Dont forget to comment your favorite line/phrase/scenario/part/etc., okay? Oh - And another question, when you came across this fic and started reading it, does it give you an I cant stop reading this. Must finish. kind of feels? Like . . . does every first sentence of each chapter even catch your eye or something? Huhu. ; ; OTL.

REPLIES:
   ainamusicfreaks ; There will be some Sessul moments, okay? ♡ Keep calm, bb. o/
   lalalululovesyou ; Yes, honey. I have a wattpad account, aha - but I dont have stories there and I dont use it much now, huhubells. ; ;
   olympicmayhem ; Ugh, biglang nag-tagalog, AHAHA. ((= Merong park na ganyan! Manila pa, sus. XD More on sa Makati, Pasig, at Quezon nga lang. Pwede rin Luneta at Rizal Park. HAHAHA Okay, joke. Lame ko. -_-;