day thirty-two ; 1/2

Bucketlist: Live, Laugh, Love

“Jinri-yaaa!”

   Jinri turned to look at who called her and smiled widely at Chanyeol who jogged his way towards her. She would have waved if it weren’t for the tray she was holding. “Chanyeol-ah,”

   “Hey, want me to help you with that?” Chanyeol pointed at her tray.

   “Ah, no. It’s fine,” Jinri shook her head, eyes smiling. “What’s up?”

   “Well, to be honest, I just wanted to ask when you’re going to be free.” Chanyeol scratched his head. Earlier that day, he kept pestering Jongin as to when Chanyeol can hang out with Jinri because those two were always together ever since. Jongin got annoyed so he just told the taller to ask the girl instead. “Remember, I was supposed to take you out..?”

   “Oh, right! I remember,” Jinri grinned. “Whenever you prefer, actually. Just tell me,”

   “If that’s the case, can it be on Saturday?” Chanyeol placed his palms together in front of him. “So we can hang out for a while longer.”

   Jinri nodded, “Okay! I’ll just tell Jongin-ssi that I’ll hang out with him later since it’s Thursday.”

   Chanyeol grinned and he would have hugged her if it weren’t for the tray she was holding. “You don’t know how happy you just made me, Jinri-ya!”

   The girl chuckled, “I’m grateful to know that! See you on Saturday then, Chanyeol-ah.”

   “Deh!”

▢ ▢ 

“So I see you’re really going out with Chanyeol on Saturday, huh?” Jongin opened up while they were on their way out of the campus.

   “Yeah,” Jinri scratched her head. “A promise is a promise. I hope you don’t mind?” She looked up at him.

   Chuh—be thankful I’m not your real boyfriend because if I were, I really would have minded.

   Silence filled them after that and Jinri somewhat felt guilty. She then remembered what he said before: “I don’t like sharing you. If you’re asking a favor for me to date you, I’m asking you a favor too; stick by me and just me, no one else.” Although he said that it was only just a joke, if you think about it, it made sense. Even if everything was just a favor.

   But a promise made is a debt unpaid; she has a thing about promises and Jinri tends to feel that guilt is eating her up alive if she even broke just one. Plus, Chanyeol is a friend. There’s nothing wrong in hanging out with a friend. And he was just asking for half a day. Chanyeol seemed like a nice guy as well and she also wanted to get to hang out with him.

   So why not, right?

   “You can come if you want,” Jinri suggested, grinning.

   “No thanks, enjoy your day.”

   She nudged him to the side, “Don’t be jealous.” She teased.

   Jongin gazed at her and rolled his eyes, “As if.”

   Jinri just giggled and, although shy, found the courage to hold his hand. It made Jongin smile and interlace his fingers with hers.

▢ ▢ 

The two once again visited the big park. It was a good timing because a rental stall called “Wheels” just recently opened where you can rent bicycles, scooters, skateboards, and rollerblades and wheel around the park’s premises.

   Jinri smiled brightly as she watched the kids going around with them and Jongin pulled her close to him when she missed to step out from a little girl in training wheels’ way. She turned to look up at him, “It looks fun!”

   Jongin cocked his head to the side as he let Jinri straighten herself. “Wanna try?”

   “I..” Jinri chewed on her lower lip. “I don’t—I don’t know how to ride a bicycle.”

   Jongin raised an eyebrow at her. “You’re kidding,”

   “I’m not.” Jinri flushed from embarrassment.

   Jongin shook his head and pulled her with him to the stall. He rented one bike and turned to Jinri. “Ever rode one?”

   “An-Ani..”

   “What is your childhood?” The boy chuckled. “Do you want me to teach you?”

   “Bwoh?” Jinri blinked rapidly and shook her head. “Aniyo, I’m scared.”

   “Man up, I’m pretty sure it’s part of your bucket list,”

   Jinri blocked her forehead, afraid that Jongin had been looking through her mental bucket list. “To ride one is; to learn isn’t.” She pouted.

   “I can’t force you, can I?”

   Jinri shook her head while puffing her cheeks.

   “Aish, arasseo, arasseo.” Jongin swung a leg over the bicycle and set himself on the saddle while his right hand held the right handle. He cocked his head towards the back and said, “Come on.”

   Jinri nodded and sat herself on the pannier rack then she grabbed a hold of each side of Jongin’s t-shirt. The boy took both her hands and led her arms around his waist which made her blush.

   “You’re going to ruin my shirt.” Jongin pointed, “Hold on tight.” He set a foot on the pedal and started to push it down. Later on, they found themselves cycling around the park with Jinri smiling widely and surprisingly, for Jongin, he found her really light.

   “This is amazing!” She squealed in delight, enjoying the breeze against her face.

   “Do you want me to go faster?”

   “Yes, please!”

   Jongin stood a bit to put more force as he pedaled and Jinri hugged his waist and held on to him. After awhile, they made a stop in front of the ahjussi’s ice cream stall and there, they met the boy again.

   “Omo—Vanilla-noona! Chocolate-hyung!”

   Jinri stood and waved but the boy greeted her with a hug which surprised both the girl and Jongin.

   “Mianhae! Ever since I saw you, I’ve always wanted to do that.” The boy looked up at her and grinned.

   “Yah,” Jongin warned and Jinri just giggled.

   “Thank you.” She smiled and the little boy let go.

   And as if on cue, the ahjussi went back. “Yes, sweetheart?”

   Jinri looked at Jongin, quietly asking him if he wanted some ice cream, but he just shook his head.

   “You expect me to eat ice cream while I ride the bike with you on the back?”

   Jinri stuck a tongue out at him and turned back, muttering. “Mean; could have just said no,” she smiled at the ahjussi and said. “Cookies n’ Cream, please.”

   The ahjussi smiled back and gave her ice cream after awhile. Jongin paid for it and after thanking the ahjussi, the two went back to biking around.

   “Would you like some, Jongin-ssi?” Jinri offered.

   “Don’t give me a hard time,”

   “Aish, stop the bike.”

   Jongin squeezed on both the handle and the brake and the bike soon came into a halt. Jinri stood and made her way in front of him and sat on the top tube whilst leaning on Jongin’s arm that was still stretched towards the handle to keep a hold of the bike.

   “Wha—”

   Jinri grinned as she placed the ice cream near his mouth. “Here,” she said. “So you won’t have a hard time.”

   “. . .” Jongin stared at her, trying to see if she knew what it meant to share ice cream with someone else but she was just looking at him so innocently, he pondered if he should tell her or not.

   “Come on, Jongin-ssi,” Jinri urged. “The ice cream is melting.”

   Jongin watched as she off the melting part of the ice cream and gulped, averting his gaze to something else. An indirect kiss with Jinri.. He cleared his throat and started to pedal again, caging the girl between his arms, which made her squeak and her free hand grip on the handle bar.

   “You really could have just said no if you don’t want some, Jongin-ssi..” Jinri pouted.

   “You don’t know what you’re doing..” He said, to me. He added in his thoughts. Just because of what she wanted to do, Jongin’s thoughts started flying higher than it should be and feeling her lips against his was unfortunately one of them. He felt himself flush and he wanted to hit himself for that. Yeah, he’s kissed several girls before but Jinri’s—

   “I’m sharing.” She said, interrupting his train of thoughts and boy, was he thankful. “There’s nothing wrong with that.”

   “You are too innocent for anyone’s liking,” Jongin commented.

   “Is that a bad thing?” Jinri slumped on Jongin’s chest unintentionally.

   Jongin just chuckled and, not being able to control himself, lightly nuzzled his nose on Jinri’s hair, getting a faint smell of tangerine. “No,” he answered.

▢ ▢ ▢

When Jongin got the hint that his body won’t be able to pedal anymore, they decided to surrender the bike back and buy some bottled water for him. They sat by the fountain to cool down while Jinri dabbed her handkerchief on Jongin’s face in which he insisted it wasn’t necessary but the girl was purely stubborn.

   “Thank you, Jongin-ssi,” Jinri smiled, finally putting down her hand. “I’ll put ‘learning how to ride a bike’ on my bucket list next time and I’ll make sure you’re my teacher.” She grinned.

   “Yeah, yeah.” Jongin just shrugged, “You’re still going out with Chanyeol this Saturday though.”

   Jinri lightly pinched his nose and giggled as Jongin scrunched it up after swatting her hand away. “There’s still next Saturday,”

   “Next Saturday is different from this Saturday.” Jongin pointed.

   “It’s still a Saturday,”

   “But different dates.”

   “Aw, come on, Jongin-ssi.” Jinri pouted. “I’ll make it up to you, okay?”

   “Yeah, yeah. Whatever,”


AUTHOR’S NOTE: Let us all take a moment of silence and enjoy the Kailli feels from this chapter because after this . . . cOUGHS. ♡ Anyway! Better prepare yourselves for the next chapter, oho, because it’s going to be quite emotional. ; ; Or at least that’s what I think but anyway. Fine, because I love you, guys, I’m giving you a heads up. ♡ After the next chapter, there won’t be much of Kailli moments—Actually, there won’t be any Kailli moments, except for a very small part but yeah—Instead, there are going to be Chanli and Sessul moments so.. there. Yeah. Okay, comments? Hit the box below! And won’t be doing replies for now, huhu. Mianhae ~ But I love you, guys. ♡ Byeeeee!