day twenty-nine.

Bucketlist: Live, Laugh, Love

Sooooo?” Baekhyun grinned, nudging Jongin by the arm right after their history class. Everyone then gathered around Jongin except Sehun whose seat was behind him. “How’d it go last Saturday, huh? Huh?”

   “What did you two do? Did you have fun?” Chanyeol asked.

   “Did you watch movies? Treat her out?” Joonmyeon added.

   “What time did you two get home? Nothing bad happened to the both of you, right?” Kyungsoo asked, his questions not relating with the rest; typical mom.

   “Kyungsoo, Jongin wouldn’t be here if something bad did happenwhat are you thinking?” Baekhyun shook his head.

   “And why ask those kind of questions, Kyungsoo-ya? Bad, tsk tsk.” Chanyeol shook his head.

   “I wanted to know about their well-being!” Kyungsoo defended. “Who knows? They might have come across some robber or something..”

   “Kyungsoo, Valentine’s Day was just fresh that time; I doubt nobody would do something bad like that.” said Joonmyeon.

   “Yah!” Kyungsoo pouted, his thick eyebrows furrowing. “Crime doesn’t choose its day, okay? Stop ganging up on me,”

   Everyone fell silent after that then they all leaned towards Jongin, waiting for his reply.

   “Sooooo?” The intrigued boys urged.

   Sehun just shook his head. “Worst than girls gossiping,” he muttered.

   “I don’t remember,” was Jongin’s blunt response.

   “Eh?!” The boys exclaimed, earning stares from their other classmates. They bowed in apology and looked back at Jongin.

   “Is it really that bad that you’d rather forget about it?” Kyungsoo frowned.

   “Didn’t you enjoy Jinri’s company? Even just one bit?” Chanyeol’s eyebrows furrowed.

   “At least explain to us why you want to forget?” Baekhyun inquired.

   Jongin rolled his eyes. It’s not that he doesn’t remember or does he want to actually forget; he really did enjoy that day but a lot had happened and he didn’t want to go through every detail anymore. What is he? Some kind of a fanfiction to subscribe to?

   “Kkamjong!” Chanyeol grabbed the boy’s shoulders upon not hearing any answers and lightly shook him. “Answer us! Aigoo, my poor Jinri-ya..”

   “Aish!” Jongin pushed Chanyeol’s arms away in annoyance. “I met Soojung’s boyfriend.”

   The boys froze; Sehun looked up as the news got his attention.

   “S-Soojung’s.. boyfriend?” Kyungsoo whispered.

   “Yeah,” Jongin shrugged a shoulder. He decided to give his “ever supportive” pals some details so he told them that he and Jinri went to Central Seoul and saw someone dancing in the middle of the street. He told them that he knew the steps to the song and when the “mysterious dancer” saw it, he indirectly invited Jongin to join him. “Turns out, it was Soojung’s boyfriend and he danced in front of the crowd as a surprise for her.”

   “Holy crap, batman.” Baekhyun commented.

   “Well, whoa.” said Chanyeol.

   “It’s surprising how we looked so much alike though.” Jongin continued. “He’s a college student, apparently, and the name’s Lee Taemin,”

   Sehun slipped off his chair upon hearing the familiar name. He didn’t even realize that he was sitting on the edge already for focusing too much on Jongin’s story.

   “Sehun!” Kyungsoo’s eyes dramatically widened, as if Sehun got shot by a gun and didn’t just fall off the chair. “Are you alright?!”

   Joonmyeon helped Sehun back up to his seat.

   “No.. I-I mean, yeah. Yeah, I’m fine, I just.. yeah, sorry.” Sehun apologized for saying nonsense. He was just surprised to hear the news. Soojung, Taemin, and Sehun met because of Jinri and Sehun had always known that Soojung and Taemin would eventually become an item one day but he never knew he was already Soojung’s current boyfriend.

   “Did you get hurt?” Kyungsoo asked, worry clearly written all over his face.

   “No, I’m good.” Sehun smiled a bit. “Don’t mind me. Go ahead, Jongin.” He said, indirectly urging him to continue.

   Jongin shrugged and did so. “Jinri and I spent the whole afternoon with him and Soojung.”

   Baekhyun shook his head, “Major heart break.”

   “Rest in peace, Kkamjong’s heart.” Chanyeol shook his head as well.

   Jongin rolled his eyes, “Too dramatic, you guys.”

   “Well, how do you feel, love?” Kyungsoo asked Jongin, his eyebrows still furrowed. He also didn’t leave Sehun’s side anymore, afraid that he might fall again.

   “I’m fine.” Jongin answered, “Soojung and I were able to talk alone.”

   Baekhyun took the chair from the desk in front of Jongin and sat, placing his folded arms above his table. “Yeees, go on.”

   Jongin was quiet for awhile then sighed, “She confessed to me.”

   “I knew it!” Baekhyun banged his hand on Jongin’s desk while Chanyeol let out an “Aha!” The Baekyeol tandem shared a high five and returned their focus back to Jongin. “See! Goddamn it!” Baekhyun grinned widely.

   “You should really have confessed!” Chanyeol shook his head. “You missed the chance, man!”

   Jongin would have smacked the taller on the head if he weren’t sitting. “Tone it down, Jesus.”

   “Aish, Kim Jongin.” Joonmyeon clicked his tongue.

   “On the bright side,” Kyungsoo defended on Jongin’s behalf. “At least what he didn’t do led him to Jinri.”

   “Still..” Sehun muttered to himself.

   “Yes, honey? Did you say something?” Kyungsoo looked at Sehun.

   “Aniyo,” the boy just shook his head.

   She said she didn’t confess because she saw how I reject the girls and that Jinri told her not to because boys are supposed to confess first.” Jongin continued.

   “Well, my thoughts exactly,” Baekhyun shrugged.

 Jongin rolled his eyes. “I mean if she knew I liked her, she could have just told me her feelings then we could have worked things out. How would I know if she felt the same way, right? She likes me, she knew I like her and I never knew she likes me back; who do you think should have done something about it? Definitely not me—I mean, I told you guys that I didn’t want to be rejected but if I knew she liked me, I totally would have asked her out.”

   Everybody fell quiet and Jongin just continued to rant.

   “She told me she waited for me to confess. Like I said, how would I know? Then she lost faith in me and gave up and it just so happened that Jinri introduced this Taemin dude to Soojung and bam.” Jongin scoffed, “Soojung said that at first, she only went with Taemin because he reminded her of me but she eventually ‘fell in love’ with him. Wow,” He did air quotations at the words “fell in love”.

   Joonmyeon placed a hand on Jongin’s shoulder and lightly squeezed it. They just didn’t know what to say.

   “Screw it, it’s fine.” said Jongin, “Though I partly blame Jinri for introducing Taemin to Soojung, it’s also because of her why I’ve learned to move on and forget about my feelings. Plus, the whole time we were together, I saw how Soojung acted and I really don’t think I would have handled her well enough just as Taemin did..”

   “Hm, just to move on?” Baekhyun raised an eyebrow. “Or also learn to gain feelings for Jinri?”

   Jongin fell quiet for awhile. Gain feelings for Jinri? “I can’t,” he answered. “I shouldn’t; I promised.”

   “Sweetheart, don’t make the same mistake again.” Kyungsoo sighed, “Jinri’s practically giving herself to you already, why let go just because of a favor? Or a promise?”

   Joonmyeon added, “Like what Baekhyun said, promises are meant to be broken. Don’t be so hard on yourself now. If you lose her this time, what’ll happen? And knowing that you and Jinri have shared memories together, do you actually think you can easily move on? I can understand Soojung’s case because you two never really hang out and all but Jinri is a different story; should be a different story.”

   “But..” Sehun finally spoke out, unconsciously clenching a fist on top of his desk. “But what if Jinri-ssi planned it all?”

   They all looked at Sehun and he looked at Jongin as the boy looked back at him.

   “What if she planned to introduce Taemin-hyu—this Taemin to Soojung so she can keep you to herself?”

   “Sehun..” Jongin blinked his widened eyes.

   “Oh Sehun!” Kyungsoo widened his eyes as well, What—Where are you getting these thoughts from?!”

   “I don’t think she would ever do something selfish like that.” Joonmyeon stated.

   “Yeah,” Baekhyun furrowed his eyebrows then turned to Jongin. “You should know her well enough to figure out that she’s not that kind of person, right? Right?”

   “If you ask me, I don’t think she would..” Chanyeol frowned. “It must have been just a coincidence.”

   “I’m sure she’s not that kind of person..” Jongin assured more to himself than to his friends. “But.. just in case, I’ll keep that in mind. It’ll push me more to not break the promise I made. What Jinri and I have is just a favor asked; nothing more, nothing less.”

   Kyungsoo furrowed his eyebrows at Jongin. He turned to look at Sehun and saw how his hand was tightly clenched. Kyungsoo slipped his on Sehun’s and held it whilst squeezing it lightly, indirectly telling him not to think any more thoughts that would just break Jongin’s heart. What the younger said may seem realistic but if they’re talking about Jinri, she would never be capable of doing just that.


AUTHOR’S NOTE: Heol, we’re almost near to uncovering the real truth! The answers to your questions are going to be revealed soon but not by me. As much as I want to answer your bombarding questions, I’d rather you guys just read on. Anyway, the reason why I said you’ll be pissed off with this chapter is because of what Sehun had said to convince Jongin of Jinri’s intentions . . . so there. LMFAO. XD Don’t forget to tell me what you think, lovelies! Hit the comment box below! And oh, I kind of find it creepy that I have subscribers who made their accounts the same day they subscribed ._. Dun dun dun. XD But I love you guys, nonetheless! ♡ Oh, and I’m sort of having some writer’s block right now but I’ll be able to overcome it soon!

REPLIES:
   olympicmayhem ; HAHAHA! Eh – How are you gonna get food if you don’t have money? Hoho - /slapped. Yung “straighten his hair” part, na-iimagine ko tapos yung may factor pa na didilaan yung kamay tapos ipapahid sa buhok para mag-straight. ((=
   Hanako-chan ; Keep calm. ♡ There’s going to be some Sesul moments soon. It’ll revive you, hoho. ((= Thank you, bb!
   jannet ; So . . . did this chapter piss you enough? Loljks. HAHA. Idek tbh. Waaah, I can imagine too. Freakin’ Kim Jongin. /flips him.
   nyyxoxo ; OMG DON’T DIE OTL OTL KEEP CALM BB, I LOVE YOU TOO. ♡
   nyanjiny ; Weeeee! Welcome aboard, love! Thank you! ♡
   xyzjunn ; To say that I got your heart for writing this story makes me feel very much honored, honey. Thank you! ♡
   KimTaeya ; HAHA! It’s alright. Thank you!
   lalalululovesyou ; Ay ganun? Ano ba yan— /shoots SME. Pero sana if ever man na totoo yun, wag nila gawin sa Kailli moments. ; ; And gusto ko, natural interaction from the backstage or on-stage or wherever . . Chos, choosy pa. HAHA! XD
   no-w-here ; Welcome aboooooard! Hihi. Stay tuned for the updates and your questions might just be answered. ;> Thank you! ♡
   karolanneth ; Thank you, bb! We’ll see. :P
   aliceeuu ; Thank you! o/ Welcome aboard! ♡