Investigate

Hard And Soft Melody
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

FLASHBACK ON

 

6 YEARS AGO…

 

Sekyung looked at Siwon who looked busy cleaning his harp while smiling. Sekyung looked at him, “seems like you have so much confidence for this competition”

“Yeah I do” Siwon smiled, “I’m ready to beat everyone in the competition. I only see a 9 year old girl there and some amateur”

“Who?”

“I don’t know, I can’t remember her name, it’s not important anyway, they said she’s a prodigy, but I don’t believe in such thing” Siwon smiled. He looked at Sekyung and smiled at her, “we’re going to be okay. I’m sure you’re gonna do great as well”

“I know” Sekyung smiled and packed her violin back to its bag. 

“Siwon”

Siwon and Sekyung looked at the door. Someone Sekyung know very well walked inside and smiled at her. She’s only 8, but she knows she really like this guy. “Yo, Woobin-ah” Siwon laughed and hugged his friend, “how are you?”

“Good, I’m just done putting back the harps” Woobin smiled.

“I seriously considering on getting you a harp” Siwon looked at Woobin worried, “You should take it”

“I told you I can’t do that to my parents, it will definitely makes them sad” Woobin smiled. Woobin looked at Sekyung and waved at her, “look at this violin fairy right here, how are you Sekyung-ah?” He smiled.

“I’m doing fine” Sekyung smiled and looked at Siwon and Woobin together. She seriously hope that the two will be best friends forever. So she can marry Woobin someday.

“Look” Woobin looked at Siwon, “are you practicing for the competition and awards?”

“Yeah” Siwon smiled, “I’m very sure I can win”

“Yeah, I need you to listen on what I’m about to say” Woobin looked at Siwon seriously, “I need to join the competition”

Siwon stopped and looked at Woobin. Siwon knows that Woobin is a strong competitor for him. He never like Woobin, but Woobin is talented, he’s showered with it. So the information shocks him. “You promise me that you won’t join this year”

“You know that 8 year old girl who is a prodigy? The judges said she cannot join without a partner, so the girl parents’ contacted me and asked me to be her partner”

“What?” Siwon looked at her, “and you said yes?”

“She sound like she really want to join and I can’t say no” Woobin looked at Siwon, “look, you’re gonna win this. Your dad is going to be very proud of you”

“No!” Siwon looked at Woobin really angry. Sekyung knows it was really serious between Siwon and Woobin now, “do you understand how bad I need this?”

“Yeah, it’s to prove your dad that you can win in music as well” Woobin nodded, “but it’s not like I’m very good. They said I will never beat you”

Siwon glared at Woobin. Little did Woobin know they only said that because Woobin can be crushed easily and they need to please Siwon.

“I’m not allowing you to join the competition nor the award. There’s only one category for harps this year and it means we will compete to each other” 

“I already said yes Siwon, I’m sorry” Woobin looked at Siwon, “Please don’t worry”. Woobin turned his body around and Siwon got really upset. For once, he cannot control anger.

 

 

“If you still want to do it. Our friendship is over” Siwon threatened him.

 

“I cannot believe you’re doing this to me” Woobin sighed and keep on walking. Walking outside of the room, and definitely walk away from Siwon and Sekyung’s life.

 

 

FLASHBACK OFF

 

 

“You what?”

Luhan looked at Sekyung with a disbelief. He could not believe on what he just heard. He looked at everyone who looked as shock as he is right now. “Okay, I’m not hearing this alone” He mumbled.

“Did you just say you want to end his life?” Kris asked Sekyung once again and she nods. “Why?”

“Because he killed the only man I really care about” Sekyung weakly answered. She looked at Jinah and smiled with pain, “and of course, it’s partially your fault”

“You mean-“ Jinah looked shocked and she lean on the stage. She sit on the tip of the stage and Sekyung smiled bitterly, “yes, that oppa was my oppa as well before”

“I did not know-“

“Well didn’t you ask him that?”

“Yeah but I don’t know that he’s friends with Siwon-ssi” Jinah was really shock. She became really quiet. Trying to process everything.

“Are you okay?” Luhan asked Jinah. She did not answer.

“The timeline is weird” Tao looked at Sekyung suspiciously, “you were with us in China and dated Luhan as well”

“That was right after the incident happened” Sekyung replied, “I had a great shock when Woobin oppa passed away, so my parents decided that we should move to China, separating me and Siwon oppa who was sent to Austria”

Kris fixed the timeline in his head. “That makes sense” Kris nodded.

“You think I’m not telling you the truth?” Sekyung looked at Kris and he shook his head, “it’s just… you lie a lot these past few months” Kris said what’s on his mind.

“I know but that’s because what I have for Luhan is real!” Sekyung looked at Luhan, “but instead, he went to chase Jinah instead. In my defense, Jinah lied more than I do this month”

“Yeah but that’s because she needs to protect herself” Lay defended his ex.

“Oppa,” Sekyung looked at Lay, “you also make everyone promise not to chase her because you know Jinah is a drummer” Sekyung looked at Lay with a smirk as if she caught him red handed, “right?”

“What?” Sehun looked at Jinah and she looked even more scared. “Hyung” Sehun called Lay, “is that true?”

“Yes” Lay looked at Luhan, “And I also know that you’re eye-ing on Jinah as well”

“W-what” Luhan looked at Lay now, “and you choose to stay silent?”

“Yeah” Lay nodded, “but at least two of you are not playing behind my back”

“Well about that” Jinah looked at Luhan and he glared at her. “I need to tell him oppa” Jinah looked at Luhan and sighed, “we actually-“

“That’s something only three of us should talk about” Luhan stopped Jinah and Lay looked at Luhan. Luhan looked really serious there. From that, Lay knows that what Jinah was about to tell him is really important.

“Anyway,” Sekyung looked at everyone, “at the end, everyone knows about everything. I’m not wrong and I’m not a bad person here” Sekyung looked at everybody, “I just want to destroy Siwon”

Luhan looked at Sekyung, “that bad?” Luhan asked her and she nodded, “then why are you so angry when you find out that Jinah’s family did it?”

“Because I want to be the one who end it, I already have a perfect plan" Sekyung replied to Luhan, “I’m going to be the only person he can trust, and destroy him from inside. But now, he still have his mom. So I can’t do that yet. He still have a back-up”

“So what?” Suho asked, “are you planning to kill his mom?!”

“Of course not” Sekyung sighed, “I don’t want my hand to be as dirty as he is now. I just want him to lose trust over his mom”. Sekyung looked at everyone. “I don’t know how, but now that he has nothing. I cannot really destroy him. Cause he’s already there”

“Not yet” Jinah cut Sekyung, “we need to send him to jail after what he did to Woobin oppa”

Jinah looked at Sekyung deep through her eyes, “listen, I know we’re not really a buddy, but we have a same vision here, and that is to destroy Siwon” Jinah looked at everybody, “I think it is safe to say that we should work together”. Jinah looked at Luhan and Lay, “Today, Luhan and Lay oppa are planning on going to the hospital because they suspect that Kang Siwon killed his dad-”

“He did” Sekyung replied and laughed sarcastically, “it’s very sad. I cannot believe he’s that stupid and kill his dad. What kind of son is that?”

“Well, he has so many anger towards him” Jinah replied and everyone nodded in agreement, “but I think, we all can work together for this” Jinah looked at Sekyung, “you still want to finish him, right?”

“Yeah” Sekyung looked at Jinah, “should we?”

“Can we trust her tho?” Baekhyun looked worry. 

“Well, we can only trust each other right now” Jinah answered. They all nodded. “Now, I think we all should go back to class. After class, Luhan and Lay oppa will go to the hospital, I will go to dad’s office to look at the handover of Kang’s company, the others can wait at home”

“Let’s meet tonight at Sehun’s house to talk more about this” Kris looked at Sehun and he nodded. The others also nodded as a sign of agreement.

 

***

 

Luhan looked at Lay who was concentrated on driving the car. The class has ended and they immediately drive themselves to the hospital. Mr. Kim already called the hospital so going through all files would be very easy for them. “Lay”

“Yes hyung” Lay replied Luhan. Sometimes, Luhan forgot how Lay is still younger than him, “whats up?”

“About me and Jinah-“

“Are you ready to talk about it?” Lay looked at Luhan and Luhan sighed.

“It’s never a good time to talk about it, you know that” Luhan answered and Lay nodded.

“You’re right, it’s hard to talk about it,” Lay nodded, “I just wish you would tell me about it”

“I only realize how I feel after you guys dated,” Luhan replied, “am I supposed to tell you that I like your girlfriend? I don’t think that’s fair to you”

“Fair enough” Lay nodded and looked at Luhan, “so,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter