A Date With The Devil

Hard And Soft Melody
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“So how’s class?”

Jinah heard Lay asked a question as he concentrate on driving. The road was pretty crowded that afternoon and Lay was driving in a normal speed. Jinah smiled as he looked at him, “Are you sure asking about my class?”

Lay smiled. “Not really, I know how much you hate your class” Lay smiled and they both laughed a bit, “are you hungry? Should we get something first along the way?”

“No, I’m good, let’s just go straight home, I need to practice”

“For the competition and award?” Lay asked and Jinah nodded, “well, you must be relieved that Siwon are not taking the same instrument as you are”

“But I’m worried about Luhan” Jinah mumbled. Lay stopped and Jinah looked at him. She knows that her word hurt Lay a little, after all, they dated for a while and Lay has been her friends for 7 years now. “I’m sorry”

“It’s okay, I must get used to it,” Lay smiled. 

“To what?”

“The fact that you’re not mine anymore” Lay replied. Jinah pressed both of her lips onto each other as she looked at her guardian. “Look, I-“

“I”m sorry” Jinah cut Lay before he speak even more and Lay take a glance at her confused, “I’m sorry I didn’t tell you anything about me and Luhan, I know that he has feelings towards me, he told me”

“He told me already, especially about the kiss” Lay informed Jinah calmly.

“WHAT?”

“Yeah, but he said it’s entirely his move, I don’t know if you have a statement to make or not” Lay looked at Jinah and now she feel cornered. Not really cornered, but like she needs to tell the truth.

“I didn’t make a move, but I did not reject”

“So you like him?”

Jinah looked at Lay. She feels very uncomfortable, but Lay is Lay. He’s Zhang Yixing. She cannot lie to him, in any kind of circumstances. Not even later in the afterlife. This guy knows her soul too much so saying lie would be pointless.

“I don’t know”

“So you do” Lay smiled at her, “look, I’m not mad, I’m just… relieved”

“What?” Jinah frowned. Her face was showing Lay how much she’s confused by his statement now.
“Yeah, if we take this relationship any further, that would be crazy right?” Lay smiled, “at least we all know the truth now” Lay smiled, “you will always be someone I love Jinah, but to be honest, I also came to a revelation, that we’re together because we love each other, like we agree-”

“It’s a brother sister thing” Jinah cut Lay once again. He looked at her and smiled. “But I can’t tell you that I love Luhan,”

“Maybe you just don’t know” Lay suggested. His car stopped in front of Jinah’s house. The long conversation brought them to Jinah’s house pretty fast than expected. “But later you will”

“I won’t rush it tho” Jinah smiled and grabbed her bag. She opened the door as she walked out from the car, “I will see you tomorrow?”

“Sure, you want me to pick you up?”

“It’s okay, eomma has been paranoid and asking me to be chauffeured to school” Jinah laughed, “bye oppa, I will see you tomorrow” she wave her hand and watched Lay’s car as the car went out of her sight. She open her gate door straight to her front door.

“Mom I’m-“

“Jinah, you’re here!” Mrs. Kim looked at her and greeted her immediately. She looked shock on what she sees in front of her. “What makes you so early?”

“I feel tired…” She answered with modesty, mostly because she was still in shock, “Siwon-ssi” She looked at the person sitting on the guest chair on her living room, “I didn’t know you’d be here”

“It’s a surprise actually” Siwon smiled, “hello, I hope I did not disturb you”

“N-no, not at all” Jinah was trembling for a while. She could feel her heart was beating so fast as if it’s about to explode. ‘This is insane’ she screamed inside. “Why are you here?”

“Oh, I want to say thank you to your parents for coming to my father’s funeral” Siwon smiled, “and to inform them that I have received the news about the transfer of Kang’s Company to Emperor’s” Siwon smiled.

“Oh, I see” Jinah smiled and nodded.

“I need to check on the kitchen, I will leave you guys for a while okay?” Mrs. Kim ran away from the two as she started to exchange look for a while with Siwon. “So, how have you been?”

“I’m doing fine” Siwon smiled, “How about you? How’s school?” He asked.

“It’s fine” Jinah smiled and finally decided to sit in front of him, “How are you? What are you up to these days?” She politely asked Siwon about his day.

“Not much” Siwon smiled, “I was ready to rule on my dad’s chair, but I don’t think that’s gonna happen” Siwon bitterly answered. 

“Maybe it’s not your fate” Jinah asked.

“There’s nothing such as fate, but there are things such as working hard to get to the goals” Siwon laughed and she laughed with him. “My dad told me that”

“Half right, I would like to think that there’s a fate for me,” Jinah smiled, “it’s made so we learn.”. They both looked at each other and he nodded.

“Maybe you’re right” He smiled, “after all, it’s fate that makes me meet you once again”

“So you remember” Jinah looked at Siwon and he put a slight smile with a very suspicious meaning behind, “how can you still come here?”

Siwon smiled and looked at her, “I’m here to ask you out” he boldly answered telling Jinah his purpose on coming to her house.

“Wow” Jinah scoffed, “the audacity”

“Why not? I think you’re pretty, and I think we can be a great match to each other”

“Not in a million year sir” Jinah rejected him immediately.

“But you won’t say no if I tell you what I can do” Siwon sharply answered Jinah that made Jinah think twice about her way of answering the man in front of her. “Why? You’re scared now aren’t you”

“I’m not scared of anything,” Jinah replied shortly. Tried her best to look as strong as possible. The only reason that she’s being strong this whole time is to face Siwon. After Woobin, she became so strong and learned to be strong, just so when the time comes, she can face Siwon in a same level.

 

Who would’ve thought that it’s happening?

 

“You think you’re so good now Jinah-ya, but I know that you’re still that little kid Yixing was trying to save 7 years ago” Siwon laughed, “even Yixing was in pain because of you”

“No, oppa is in pain because you’re just an awful person,” Jinah remind Siwon. The tension rise up as Jinah’s voice got even more and more serious. Siwon knows that Jinah is someone he doesn’t want to mess with, but he would like to know her boundaries. Jinah crossed her hands in front of her body and looked at him, “what’s on your mind, Kang Siwon?” She asked. Boldly.

“You,” Siwon smiled, “I think I might just like you for real”

“What?” Jinah frowned.

“Yeah” Siwon smiled, “you’re smart, cute, you’re intelligent, and brave. And surely unlike other women, you’re not after my money”

“Yeah, I also don’t like you” Jinah laughed sarcastically, “so dream all you want. But we’re never gonna be together”

Siwon laughed. “Seems like you’re a boastful person as well. Tough kid. I can deal with that” He pointed his body closer towards her, “you and Lay are over right? So it’s actually possible to date you”

“You wouldn’t dare”  Jinah said her last word before she stand up and leave Siwon. Siwon was alone in her living room as Mrs. Kim came back from the kitchen, “where did she go?” Mrs. Kim asked.

“Oh I think she said she has a lot of stuff to do Mrs. Kim,” Siwon smiled as he stand up from his seat, “Thank you Mrs. Kim for accepting me in your small but warm home. I really like how it feels here. I hope I can come by often” he smiled.

“Okay” Mrs. Kim smiled forcefully. Siwon walked out from the house, leaving Mrs. Kim in an absolute worry.

Especially about her daughter’s safety.

 

***

 

Sehun finished his practice pretty early that night. He was ready to clean himself and get ready to go to bed. It’s been a very long month for him, for EXO, for mostly everybody. Some people died, they need to look over a case, and some of them even are even in danger right now. “It’s so hard to be dragged into a drama” he sighed and throw himself to bed. He was ready to close his eyes when he heard a buzz from his phone.

Another sigh.

He grabbed the phone and looked at the caller ID. Knowing who that is, he slid his thumb at the screen and pick up the phone, “what now?” He asked the person who called. Not even a hello, but immediately straight to the question.

“I miss her”

“You know you can’t. At least not right now” Sehun immediately replied after the person answered, “hyung, you need to remember that your life is also at stake right now. We need to beat the enemy for good first”

“I know. But do you think it’s wrong to like her?” The person asked Sehun a question.

“I think it’s wrong for you to like her when she’s dating your friend” Sehun replied with honest, “look, Luhan Hyung, you need to understand that it’s not easy for everyone. We’re very close, we need to finish it so we can go back to the normal life”

“Normal life?” Luhan asked.

“Yes” Sehun laughed, “this is not normal. All this people dying, and many people who are in danger. We were never be in this position EVER. Before we met Jinah”

“You’re right”

“Of course I’m right” Sehun knocked more sense out from Luhan, “before, our life would be just about music and girls. No commitment whatsoever. And most importantly, our company. Remember, we’re still the heirs”

“You’re right” Luhan sighed.

“Come to your senses as fast as you can. When we fix this, you can do whatever you want with Jinah” Sehun suggested, “now. I really want to go to bed. Can we talk tomorrow morning?”. Sehun heard a humming voice as a yes from Luhan. “Okay good night” Sehun greeted him a goodnight.

“I still want to see her” Luhan said from the other side of the phone.

 

***

 

Luhan hung up the conversation in his phone with an emptiness in his heart. His room were cold and he could feel the emptiness in his room. Not only in his room, but also in his heart. He hung up on Sehun’s phone, hoping that he could sleep in peace, but it went the other way round: he felt even more empty.

This is insane, he thought, how come a person could make himself so very empty?

“Screw it” Luhan stand up from his bed. He grabbed his key car that was placed on a table next to him and walked outside of his room. Hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter