Remembering Smiles

[Hollow] A Ruki Story

Hollow Chapter: 8 Remembering smiles…
I called my father and he met me at the hospital.
“Dad do you think he’s gonna be ok?”
“I… I don’t know sweetie, I sure hope so though.”
Nothing made sense. How’d Shinji get involved in this? He’s not the type.
“Mr. Kanaboshi?”The doctor says.
“Yes?” my dad says. They go over and talk for a minute and then my dad comes back to me.
“He was shot in the lower abdomen and had a lot of bleeding, but he’s gonna be ok.”
“that’s good.” I say.
Dad goes into see Shinji, and I wait outside a little longer.
“Is he gonna be ok?” I hear from behind me, I recognize the voice anywhere. Ruki.
“Yeah he’s gonna be fine.” I say coldly.
“Why are you mad at me? What the hell did I do to you?”
“You just…” she stops and crosses her arms.
“Fine be that way.” he says walking out. I don’t have time for him. I turn around and go to find my brothers room.
RUKI’S POV
“Seriously why the is she so pissed?”
“I think someone is jealous.” Aoi says with a smile.
“Really?”
“Well yeah. Your were “hanging around” Aranei the other day weren’t you?”
“Yeah?”
“Yup she’s jealous.”
“So…”
“SO, now is the time to swoop in and slowly eat the strawberry.”
“One thing.”
“What?”
“I hate strawberries.”
“Fine then, then the icing of the cupcake.”
“That I can do.” I say with a smile.
So with that I headed back to my house. I quietly walked through the house so as not to disturb my parents. Tomorrow was the day.
That morning, I get up a little early to get ready. A black and red plaid button up shirt. Black pants along with black sneakers. I comb my black and red hair and put on some black eye liner then grab my things to get ready to go. I’m almost out the door when I hear,
“Takanori, Where have you been.”
“I slowly turn around to see my father with that same damn look of disappointment on his face.
“You know you could at least tell us where the hell you go once and awhile. But no, you just go around like you own the whole damn world.”
His attitude is what gets on my nerves the most.
“I was just out with some friends nothing that concerns you.” I say.
“When I reach for the door knob, he grabs my shoulders and spins me around so I’m facing him.
“Why won’t you just listen and do what your told!” he says punching me in the eye. The force knocks me agents the door. I wince in pain for a moment then quickly jump up and run out the door.
I can already feel it bruising. I just had to get to the ally. I get there almost out of breath.
“Everything ok?” Reita asks.
“Yeah. One of these days I’m gonna clock him in the face.”
“Your eye says otherwise.” Kai says.
“I’m fine, my dad just happened to be up when I left.”
“Whatever you say. forget about him. Today is Moka Kanaboshi’s last day as a single woman.” Uruha says smiling.
“Yeah your right lets go.” I say pulling out a cigarette and popping it in my mouth as we head for the school.
When we arrive the usual girls in the school were swooning over us as usual, but I had no interest in them today. I had my eyes on only one girl and she’s going to be mine.
I come up behind her and say,
“How you doing today, baby?”
“I should have known.” She says turning around.
“What do you think about coming out with me tonight?” I say.
“What makes you think I’d go out with a guy like you?”
“Because… your curious.”
“Oh really?”
“Yeah. I say”
MOKA’S POV
Damn that smirk of his. I guess it could be fun. Besides what do you have to loose…. Forget I said that.
“I expect you to act like a gentle man.” I say as I walk away.
“Wait is that a yes?” he says following me.
“Pick me up at my house at 6:00.”
“Sure babe.” He says.
And on that note I walk to class.
RUKI’S POV
Yes! I win Moka you will be mine. Just wait. I’ll act like a gentleman, but you be prepared no one can resist my charm. No one…
Next Chapter: Lust…