So Far Yet So Close

[Hollow] A Ruki Story

[Hollow] Chapter: 6 So Far, Yet So Close…
 
Moka’s POV
The morning came bright as ever. I look around to see my room I didn’t know what I was expecting to find, but it wasn’t there whatever it was. I walk out to the living room where I find Ruki still asleep on the couch. He was actually kinda cute. What am I thinking?! Shut you Moka! He moves a little bit. I quickly run back to my room and jump back into my bed. Soon Ruki peaks his head in the room looking to see what he thinks is me sleeping.
Once he leaves, I get up and quickly put some other clothes on. I about have a heart attack when I hear Ruki’s phone ring. I walk out of the room and peak into the living room seeing Ruki talking to someone.
“Yeah ok, see ya.” He say shutting his phone.
“Morning, Moka.” He says.
“Morning.” I say. I walk out and go to sit next to him.
“Uruha, Aoi and Reita are going to come over soon to hang out.”
“Ok.” What all I could say. I didn’t exactly know what would go on while all of them are here, but whatever. Later they show up and I go back to my room to lay down for a bit.
RUKI’S POV
“So, I see you have her right where you want her.” Reita says with a smirk.
“I guess so, but she’s sick.”
“So?”
“So, not to rain on your damn parade, but I’m not sure about…”
“Are you backing out now baby?”
“ No.”
“Then prove that she’s your property.”
“…Fine.” So I guess I had to. Not sure that I particularly had a problem with it, but she was sick and…
“Ruki?” I look to see Moka peaking her head out of her room.
“Ok, they are here.” She adds. All I see is the guys smile at me, but not the kind sort.
MOKA’S POV
“Yeah.” He says with his signature smirk.
“Ok” I say going back into my room. I hear someone follow behind me.
“You know Moka,” Ruki says. He caresses my face.
“Your so cute when your tired.” He says smirking again. I brush his hand off and lay back down.
RUKI’S POV
I leave the room and head back out to where the guys are.
“Wow.” Reita says.
“I’m getting there just be patient.”
“Whatever.”
“I’m waiting for the right moment”
“Sure” and with that, later when Moka comes out to eat with us.”
“So, Moka what are you sick with?” Aoi asks.
“Monnow?” Uruha says. I elbow him in the side.
“Nah just the stomach flu.” She says sipping her water.
“Hey, Ruki this is yours I believe.” Uruha says handing a lighter behind Moka.
“Yeah, Thanks.” I say reaching behind her, but not before subtlety breathing down her neck. I can see her shiver. I see Uruha smile.
Later when Moka and I  alone for a moment I ask,
“So your doing ok?”
“yeah.” She replys. She looked as though she was about to fall over.
“You can lay on my lap if you want.” I say. There was no answer, but she slowly feel down with her head on my. I play with her hair a bit before I realize two things. One, I’m being watched and two, I have an idea. I slowly run hand along her side before making my way down ward when she flinches and look up at me I move my hand quickly away and just give her a look. She looks up and me then returns to resting. I hear the others snickering in the background.
When they come out, Aoi quietly says,
“Shouldn’t her face be down?”
“We’ll get to that later .” I say.
It was then I realized how late it was getting.
“Moka.” I say nudging her.
“Why don’t you go lie down in your room?” She sleepily walks to her room.
“So now the grand finally?”
“Sure.”
“When does her dad and brother get back? around noon tomorrow.”
“Great will come check on you two tomorrow morning before school.”
“Whatever just leave us the alone.”
“Ok. We let you be.” They say walking out the door.  I walk into Moka’s room and shut the door behind me. She was so cute when she was sleeping I un button my shirt and lay it on the ground. I look at her again and couldn’t bring myself to go any further.  She was no different than any other girl and I had no problem with them. Maybe it was because she was different. If I was going to back out I at least had to make this somewhat convincing to them. I un button my pants and undone my belt and climb into the empty side of Moka’s bed quietly. Her soft breathing was relaxing. I don’t think I ever did feel this way about a girl. Am I in love with her?
MOKA’S POV
I wake up and it’s pitch black the only light is from the clock reading 2:30AM. I sigh and notice that something is off. I turn to look behind me and see Ruki sleeping right next to me.
“WHAT THE HELL?!” I yell falling off the bed. He slowly sits up and looks down at me.
“What are you ing yelling about at 2:30 in the morning? Some of us people are trying to ing sleep.” He says rubbing his eye. Note to self Ruki is not a morning person.
“Your kinda in my bed.”
“What the hell? I said I wouldn’t try anything didn’t I? I just was too damn tired to make it out to the ing living room is all.” He falls back down. I stand up and he says.
“Are you gonna ing sleep or not?” I was kinda scared, but I do get back in bed. He falls back asleep quickly and I do shortly after him. I didn’t know why, but shortly after the scared-ness went away and more or less turned into safety.
RUKI’S POV
In the morning, I get up to see Moka sleeping still. I look at the clock to see that the guys will be here soon so I mess up my hair and wait for their arrival. When they come in I walk out there and Reita says,
“Well well, looks like someone was up all night?”
“Shut the up u just slept with her was all.”
“Take it easy, man we know.” He says smiling. The best part about what I said is that it was the genuine truth.
“Whatever I’m gonna leave soon anyway.”
“Fine by us.” Aoi says peaking in Moka’s room. Lucky for me, when I left she was all sprawled out across the bed looking very convincing.
“Well we’ll see you later.” They say walking out the door once again. Once I fix myself up I gather my stuff and head out as well. They’ll find out eventually but who cares. I head back to my house.
MOKA’S POV
When my alarm rings I go though my usual routine of getting ready for school when I realize that Ruki’s gone. I find a note sitting on the counter and it reads,


Thanks for letting me stay. It was quiet fun.
I hope we can see each other more often.”
            -Ruki
I put it down and proceeded to walk to school. In first period something was off Ruki wasn’t there either, I mean he’ll skip every once and a while but I like just saw him. It wasn’t till the next day that I saw him again. His face was more in different than usual. That’s when I noticed the bruise and the black eye.
For some reason, I approached him and gentle moved my hand to put it on his cheek.
“You ok?” I ask. He slaps my hand away and looks angry.
“Don’t ing touch me!” I was shocked. I had never really seen him really angry. He stomped off to class.
“What’s eating him?” I turn to see it’s Kai.
“Not sure.” I say.
“He was hurt? Assuming Ruki is Ruki he hates feeling week around others. He doesn’t want anyone to take care of him. I assume it’s his dad again.”
“What do you mean again?”
End of chapter: 6 Next Chapter, Never Enough Pain…