First Impressions Always Count

[Hollow] A Ruki Story

Hollow Chapter 5 First Impressions Always Count.
“Morning, Moka-chan!” my dad says.
“Morning.”
“I forgot to tell you yesterday that I’m going to be gone for a couple days, so you can invite someone over to stay with you to keep you company.”
“What about Shinji?”
“Won’t be here school trip I’ll be back when dad gets back.” Shinij says.
“hmmm.”
“Do you know who you want to stay with you?”
“Nah I can stay home alone.”
“No you have to have someone stay with you, I’ll even let a boy stay if I think he won’t sleep with you.”
“Dad!”
“Well, you better get to school tell me who’s staying after school love you two! BYE!”
And with that, we leave and go to school. The day was mostly normal. Ruki staring out the window, Aoi flirting with girls, Kai’s cooking amazing as usual. Everything went fine mostly until after school.
“Why don’t I walk you home?” Ruki says.
“I may regret this, but sure.”
“Nah I don’t think you will.” I don’t know why, but for some reason he didn’t look so bad today. Maybe the blue and white striped button up shirt was throwing me off just a little. We began walking again. I still had no idea what I was going to tell my dad. I mean I don’t mind not having friends, but I don’t want my dad to think that I’m anti social and need therapy or something.
Once we make it to the door I figure that he would turn around and leave again, but I was wrong. I open the door and say
“I’m home!”
“Hey, Moka!” dad says. It was really odd for dad to be home when I got home, I mean with him working all the time and everything.
Ruki peaks his head in the door and my dad must notice him because he says,
“Who’s your friend there?”
RUKI’S P O V
This is it, time for my trump card.
“This… is Takanori.” Moka stutters.
“A friend of yours?” her father says.
“Yeah! We have first hour and 6th and 7th together.” I Jump in.
“I see and you were walking her home?”
“Indeed I thought it might be nice for her to have some company.”
This was going quiet well. A lot better than I thought it would. I assumed she had a normal family. Father mother a couple siblings, but how come I only see a father?
“Why don’t you come in?” he says.
“Sure, thank you.” I say. Moka looked very tense. She’s not going to be talking a lot is my guess. She thinks that her dad will hate me, well she doesn’t know just how charming I can be.
“Why don’t you come sit down?” her father says.
“Ok.” I say taking my seat next to Moka at the table.
“So, are you and Moka close friends I was kinda worried about her making friends.” He says.
“Yeah, from the first day we got pretty close.” I say. I see a boy walk by and that must be her brother I figure. His eyes go big, and Moka, runs up and takes him in the living room.
MOKA’S POV
“Moka! Why is he here? Isn’t he the one who kissed you?”
“Yeah, but you have to promise that you won’t tell dad!”
“Fine, but I don’t get it. Why is he here?”
“Because, he offered me to walk me home I didn’t think dad would notice him.”
“Whatever just be careful ok?”
“Don’t worry I will.” We walk back in the kitchen and I sit down and Shinji sits down with us. “Your friend is really nice, Moka.” My dad says.
“R- I mean, yeah he is isn’t he?” Dad can’t know the real story or I’m as good as dead.
“Thanks I’m glad you think so.” Ruki says.
“Hey, I’m leaving for two days tomorrow. Would you stay with Moka while I’m gone? I don’t want her to stay home alone.” Dad says. My mouth wanted to drop wide open and I’m sure Shinji felt the same way.
“I’d be more than happy to.” He says. I knew that there was no chance in hell that he was going to say no. I guess I can kiss my ity good bye.
RUKI’S POV
Wow I never expected this. It’s like I got just what I wanted right down to the last sprinkle of sugar. Two nights alone with Moka, I must be the luckiest man alive.
MOKA’s POV
Once Ruki leaves, I go up and get ready for bed because tomorrow is going to be the worst day of my life. I couldn’t sleep I was too worried about what he might do.
*#*#*#*#*#*#*#*
Morning, I think I was still half asleep when my dad came in a told me good bye. I get up and find that Shinji is gone already too. Alone in the house. I’d rather be alone then alone with him. But there was nothing I could do about it. I just had to tough it.
I got to school and for some reason Ruki wasn’t there I mean he would skip school every once and awhile, but I didn’t think that today of all days he would skip. He was gone until 7th period either that or I never noticed that he decided to show up. As much as I hated school I didn’t want it to end, but the bell rang despite my wanting. 
“Ready to go?” Ruki said smiling and carrying his backpack.
“Sure.”
“What are you so depressed about?”
“Nothing.”
“Don’t worry I won’t try anything.” I don’t respond. We walk and we go inside the house. Even if he was here I wasn’t going to let him screw up what I do normally.
“Come with me.” I say. I walk up stairs and into my room and he follows me.
“Somehow I pictured your room more pink.” Ruki says looking at my varied colored room.
“Pink isn’t really my color.”
“You go on about how normal you are. Normal girls like pink.” He says.
I don’t respond again. I sit down on my bed and pull out my homework.
“What are you doing?” he says.
“What does it look like, my homework.”
“Why don’t we do something a little more fun?”
“Oh, really? Like what?” I say with a sarcastic tone.
“We could play the pocky game.” He says with his smirk plastered across his face.
“No, thanks I’ll pass.”
“Your no fun…” he says sitting beside me and crossing his arms like a child.
I sigh and go back to my work. Ruki in the mean time decided to get up and look around. He discovers my docking station and decided to plug in his ipod into it.

(The Song He Plays)

Ruki starts head banging to the song and me nearly going deaf because of how loud he turned it up, hides my head under a pillow.
“TURN IT DOWN!” I yell. When it goes down, I get up and give him a nasty look.
“Don’t be hating!” he says.
I roll my eyes and look at the clock. Seeing the time I get up and grabs some other clothes out of my dresser.
“Leave for a second I’m gonna change.”
“Ok?” he says walking out of the room. I shut the door and begin with my changing literally like 10 seconds later, Ruki knocks on the door and lets himself in.
“Moka, you done yet.” His face goes completely blank when he sees me in underwear and a tank-top. I go blank as well. Before I can yell at him, he walks out of the room and shuts the door.
 I pull my shorts on and walk out of the room. I find Ruki in the living room with a pillow on his lap and his chin in his hand. He was sitting as if it awkward. I decided to take a gentler approach. That and I didn’t really want him to get mad.
“You ok?” I say. His face was really red.
“Y-yeah perfectly fine.” He says awkwardly.
“Sure?”
“Absolutely.”
“Ok, so can I have that pillow?”
“N-no.”
“Why not?”
“You just can’t.”
“But, I’m tired, and don’t feel good. I wanna lay down.”
“Go get a different pillow.”
“I’m too lazy.” His face seems to get even redder.
“F-fine.” He hands me the pillow and crosses his legs awkwardly. Putting his chin back in his hand. I take the pillow and lay it below the arm of the couch. I lie down and curl up. I still had no idea why he was acting so weird. Maybe it’s a guy thing.
“You ok? You look really pale.” He says.
“Yeah, my stomach just hurts.”
RUKI’S POV
“Ok.” I say. Moments later Moka gets up and runs to the bathroom.
I get up and walk to the outside of the bathroom.
“Moka?”
“Ok, maybe I’m not ok.” She says. When she comes out, she sways and almost falls over.
“Moka, you need to lie down.” She does talk. She walks slowly to her room and lies down in her bed.
“Do you want me to get anything?”
“No.” I put my hand on her forehead.
“You don’t have a fever, but I think you should stay home from school tomorrow.”
“We’ll see.” She looks pretty sad, but then it hit me!
“Hey wait here, I’ll be back.” I say.
I walk over to her hamper and find a pink sock. I put it on my hand, then came back over and sat beside her.
“Moka, I would like to introduce you to someone.” I say. She just stares at me. I know of all people that it being sick so I’m going to cheer her up.
“This is Panky.” I say.
“Ok?” she says.
“Yeah, this brought me here to see you.” I say making my hand look like it’s talking.
“Shut up Panky!” I say putting my hand over my other one. She giggles a little.
“Yeah, just horrible do you know how much it being attached to this bastard all day?!?” I tackle my hand to the bed and pretend to choke it. She starts laughing.
“*gasp for air* What the hell man? He’s trying to kill me Moka-Chan!” I make the puppet day again.
I cover it’s mouth. “What makes you say that?” she laughs again. I smile and put the sock away.
MOKA’S POV
I don’t know why, but for some reason he is being so different. Maybe he is a nice guy underneath it all. I’m not sure, but I think tomorrow will tell me a lot that I need to know about him…
End of Chapter 5…
Next Chapter: 6 So Far, Yet So Close…