Depression

[Hollow] A Ruki Story

Hollow 21 Depression 
The next morning I didn't even brother getting out of bed to go to school 
"Moka! We have to go is if we're going to make it." Shinji says.
"I'm not going ." I say 
"You sick?"
"You could say that." 
"Well ok." He says. I hear the door shut. I just lay there I didn't sleep at all last night. How could I? He didn't even. Have the nerve to tell me he was leaving? He doesn't care at all about me. Did he ever? I touch the blue heart necklace that he gave me at Christmas. But then this rage comes over me and I yank it off and throw it at the wall. "ing ." I mumble.  I text Lish and say, 
"will you meet me at our usual spot?" 
"Yeah I'll skip after lunch ok?" She says. 
"Ok." I reply. As much as I wanted to cry the tears wouldn't come. Maybe that was a good thing. I don't need to waste my tears on him. Lunch came faster then I expected. I saw the time and grabbed my coat to begin walking to the shop. I saw Lish and that's when I really hit me that's why Akuma left that's why they avoided me and said things like "you don't know?" I ran to her and hugged her. It seems all the tears I'd been fighting back all overflowed then. 
"Moka..." She says.
"Why Lish! Why didn't he tell me he was leaving! Why didn't he say goodbye or something!" I say though tears. 
"Moka I can't believe that he didn't tell you either." 
"Why, you knew?"
"We'll yeah, Uruha told me that they were going to form a band and I said I'm all for it. But I remember seeing Ruki before that late night he was with you. He was just so quiet and distant like he was scared."
"Really?"
"Maybe he was just too afraid to tell you..." 
"It still hurt if that was the case. I thought he didn't care about me..."
"Moka don't say that. That man cares more about the then himself." 
I stood there staring down at the ground until I finally spoke.
"Will they come back?" 
"Uruha said if things don't work out they would, and that they would come and see us, but you know how hard there work will be..."  
"I know. I wish I could just talk to him..." 
"Then call him." 
"Are you kidding? He won't answer if he didn't even have the guts to tell me good bye."
"Moka there another thing... I think you should because I think he was crying when I saw him that day."
"Really."
"Yeah..."
How can I be so selfish? I didn't even think about how this is affecting him. 
"Alright I will." I say.
We walk for a little while then I walk back home and sit on my bed. I took me forever to push the call button. I forgot that he might not even answer the phone. I finally hit it and put the phone you to my ear. It rang once... Twice... Three times... And more until the answering machine came on. At that point I hung up. I left a text that simply said, 
"Call me when you see this." I really hoped he did. For the rest of the day after that I kept my phone more close to me then usual. It was about 11:00pm and I couldn't sleep at all. I decided that It wouldn't hurt to try to call him again. One ring... Two rings... 
"Moshi Moshi?" I hear. I recognize that voice anywhere. 
"I'm so glad you answered me." I say.
"Moka?" 
"Yes?" 
"Can we talk in person tomorrow?" 
"Of course." I didn't want to argue I mean getting to talk to him at all was better then nothing. His voice was also really shaky.
"Meet me train station we always took ok?"
"Ok see you then." I say.
"Ok bye Moka." And he hangs up. I was going to see Ruki that was better then anything that happened today. I just hope that he's ok...
Next chapter: 22 bound ...