Visions

[Hollow] A Ruki Story

Hollow Chapter: 13 Visions…
School was as boring as ever, I was counting down the days till break only one week left.
“Oh, class don’t dress out for gym today, were doing health.” Our gym teacher told us.
“So we all filed in and sat on the floor I sat on the floor next to Lish and Ruki came over relatively close to us. He’s such a wall flower without the guys around.
“Today were go to talk about…” she started, but by then I had already zoned out and went off into my own world.
I don’t know exactly how long it was, but whatever the case I must have missed some pretty important stuff, because I was not going to like what I was about to hear.
“Moka and Takanori.” Both our heads rise.
“You two are partners.” What? What did I miss? I guess he wasn’t paying attention either (not that that surprises me) because he was looking just as confused as I was. I was weird to have people call him Takanori because, like everyone called him Ruki.
“Next week you two will start.” The one time I don’t pay attention. Then the bell rings. I thought about asking him if he knew what the hell was going on, but I knew better.
“Yes!” Lish says beside me.
“What are you so happy about?”
“Uruha is my partner!”
“Ok this is really bugging me.”
“What? Your with Ruki I think that’s ironic.” I give her my “I’m lost.” Look.
“Were you paying attention at all?”
“I try not to.” I say.
“Well, were doing that thing were you have to carry around the fake baby with the keys.’
“… WHAT?”
“Calm down its only one day.”
“Still and I have to be with the last person who I think could be a responsible father right now.”
“Oh I’m sure it’s will be fine.”
“Yeah, but he’s as clueless as I am.”
“Oh well.” Great here comes F city.
“Hey, Moka that means that me and Uruha are married!” she says happily.
“Damn it all.”
“And you and Ruki-”
“Don’t even bring it up.”
“Why do you hate him so much?”
“Well I don’t hate him, but I don’t exactly like him either.”
“But, why?”
“Because my first day of school he came up and stole my first kiss.”
“Your point?”
“My point!?”
“Yeah, so what it’s just a kiss, besides I think you two would be the cutest couple!” she says.
“Me and him no way!”
“it’s gonna happen I can tell.”
“Lish, if I go out with Ruki, I’ll take you and Uruha to dinner where ever you want.”
“I’m willing to take that bet!”
“Well it’s not gonna happen.”
“We’ll see about that.”
“So, when do we have to take care of this baby thing?”
“Well, next week one of you two will get the baby and if it cries no matter what you are doing you have to put keys in its back till it stops crying. Oh and you can’t hurt it either and you have to treat it like a real baby or the abuse or tamper light will come on and you’ll both fail.”
“Wonderful.”
“Yup.” When I was done with school for the day. I walked home and thought about how this whole thing was going down. Wither we fail or… we fail. I guess I didn’t have confidence in him, but can you really blame me?
“Moka!”
“What?”
“Come here for a minute.” I walk to Shinji’s room.
“What?”
“You should help me with this homework.” It was going to be long weekend. I kinda thought at some point he would ask me what the hell is going on, but I don’t really except him to care one way or another.
It was finally Monday, my last week of school before Christmas Break and the worst Monday of my life. I was paranoid about gym until I arrived at the school. And when I got there the so it began.
Sepaker: Will Moka Kanaboshi and Takanori Matsumoto please come to the equipment Room at this time please? 
Oh god here we go. I felt like I was on a roller coaster just waiting for it to fall. I stared to walks that way I saw Lish give me that “You’ll be fine, but this will be funny for me” look before turning her attention back to Uruha.  I looked around to see Ruki lagging behind with his headphones on and his hands in his pockets. His light blonde hair with his usual dark apparel. Black sneakers, pants and a red and black shirt. If I didn’t know better I’d say he was a lonely anti social guy.
I got there and saw that damned baby that had no realistic representation to it at all. “
He’s your for the day.” She says handing me the keys and adds,
“The other one of you will watch it tomorrow.”
And with that we left. We sat in the hallway. “SO you watch Ruki Jr. Today and I’ll do it tomorrow.
“We are not naming the baby Ruki Jr.”
“Why not? I think it’s perfectly fitting.” He says with a smirk. I glare at him. I see Reita come up in my vision.
“So you and Moka have that thing. I knew it was bound to happen Ruki is just too damn persistent.”
“ you man, you’ll have to do it too.” Ruki snarls.
“Poor Moka-chan. Did you pay you child support yet?”
“ off Reita.” He says again. I just shake my head. The bell rings for class and I begin walking with this big heavy edition to my usual backpack load. First period nothing. Second period nothing. I was just waiting for this thing to go off. Lish was sitting by me in third period or art. I was busy drawing a picture of a mask lying on the ground, finally I cried. I was so glad that Ruki wasn’t in that class with me or I would have died. It’s so embarrassing. I see Lish smile at me. I couldn’t tell if it was out of sympathy or a “haha take it in” look. I picked up the “baby” and began to put the key’s in its back one at a time. The third key worked. It made gurgling noised witch just creeped me out even more. I set it back in it’s carrier.
“See Ruki Jr. is a good baby.”
“Not you too Lish.”
“What?”
“how’d you know about that?”
“Ruki and me have second period together. And I was bored so I talked to him.”
“I see.”
“I really think he like you.”
“Drop it already. I’m just ready for this day to be over.”
The baby cried 5 more times the rest of the day. Not terrible tomorrow was what I was interested to see. I just hope he doesn’t fail us both.
I finally got rid of that damn thing and went home. Ruki decided to tag along with me when I walked home.
“So, how was our little bundle of joy today?”
“Ok.” I say.
“Good.” He says.
“You get to take care of him tomorrow.”
“Unfortunately.” I kept walking with him following me.
“If we had a baby it’d be a lot cuter then that thing.”
“I honestly think that any baby would be cuter then that devil child.”
I don’t know what was so darn funny, but he just find’s it hilarious. He was busting up on me.
“What’s so funny?”
“Nothing.” He says catching his breath. Just then my phone starts going off. I see that it’s Lish.
“Moka! Can I talk to Ruki?”
“What makes you just automatically think I’m with him?”
“I saw you two walk off together.”
“Fine here he is.” I hand the phone to him and say,
“Lish wants to talk to you.” he takes the phone and puts it up to his ear. A few minutes later he hands the phone back to me.
“I hate to leave you alone baby, but I got to go.” He says pulling out a cigarette.
“Go where?”
“Oh just somewhere to do something.” He pats my head and adds,
“Don’t miss me too much.” He smirks at me then starts walking the other way. I do shortly too. Well my babysitting days were over, but I can’t help but wonder, why did Lish wanna talk to Ruki?
RUKI’S POV
I walked back to Uruha’s house. And found him and Lish in his room.
“So what the is this important thing you want to discuss with me?”
“I’m gonna hook you and Moka up!” Lish says.
“What makes you think I want her to be my girl friend any way?” they both glare at me.
“Fine. So you got any ideas because my usual methods aren’t working.” I say.
“Well, I got a couple ideas. Because I think I have figured out Moka’s type.”
“Well what is it?”
“My take on it is that she wants someone to sweep her off her feet. Someone who is kinda, how do you say… Like a guardian.”
“I see…”
“So I think I might have a plan. Have you considered anything for Christmas?”
“Yes, in fact I just got it today.” I pull the small box out of my pocket. And open it to show Lish. It’s a beautiful blue heart necklace.
“Wow you really do have good taste.” Lish says.
“Glad she won’t hate it.”
“No I’m sure she’ll love it.”
“So now just how? Is the question.”
“Leave that to me.”
“Ok.” And with that, all I could do was wait. The next morning, Uruha drove us to school as always and I saw Moka and her brother walk as always. I take another deep breath of my cigarette before I got rid of it. I walk into the school with my hands in my pockets. I went and got the baby and this thing was really freaking the hell out of me.
“So  your day of being a father begins.” I hear someone say.  I look back to see its Moka.
“Yeah, time to get it over with.” I say.
“hey.” I look back at he.
“If you want help or anything don’t be afraid to ask me ok?”
“Ok.” I say then I take myself the other way. I hear many other people talking around me, but I don’t really care.  Something I decided is that I’m done girl hopping. Moka is the only one I really want anymore. I’m changing for the better I hope.
The day was normal. Did my duties as a father then turned in back in. nothing major. I was just curious about what Lish had in store for us. Whatever it was I hoped it worked. Every moment I’m not with her might just be enough to kill me…
End of Chapter: 13
Next Chapter: 14 Potential…