Never Enough Pain

[Hollow] A Ruki Story
Hollow: 7 Never Enough Pain…
Ruki was acting really strange for the next couple of days. Ever since I saw him in the hallway that day he hasn’t been as determined as he usually is. It’s really bugging me that I don’t know why he is acting so different. The bell rings and school is over. I see Ruki walk out of the school with his gang and the walk off somewhere. Without being aware of it, my feet drag themselves behind them at a safe distance. 
They stop in an ally and pull out a box of cigarettes and all begin to smoke. I hide behind the corner observing them to see if I can get any hint of what the busies are all about and stuff. Uruha did once mention that his father was abusive, but he could have been lying for all I know. They didn’t really do anything. All they did was talk about their girl stories and Ruki didn’t talk at all witch is confusing seeing as he usually always has something to say. He just sat there and quietly smoked his cigarette. 
The next thing they did was just walk around. Literally till about 8:54PM then they went there separate ways. I followed him till he came to a house. I assumed it was his. I didn’t understand it looked completely normal from the outside when I picture an abused kid the first thing I that comes to mind is not a normal looking house. I walk just a little closer to try to see the inside of his house when I step on a stick and it snaps in half. He looks back at me and gives a “WTF” look. 
“Oh hey Ruki didn’t expect to see you here! I was just on my way home now if you’ll excuse me… bye.” I say trying to remain cool and walk away. Actually more like a speed walk.
The next day, I tried to avoid him a little because I was afraid he would ask me “what the hell are you doing at my house?” I don’t know what made me, but I followed him around again after school. They had the exact same routine as the day before. Again I follow Ruki to his house.
RUKI’S POV
Ok, I’m sure she’s following me now. Why the hell is she though? 
“So, are you going to tell me why the your tailing me?”
“So, you found out.” She says.
“What do you want?” 
“Nothing really. I just don’t understand why your acting so different?”
I turn around and walk up to her. 
“I always act like this.”
“No, you don’t. You usually mess around more, but ever since you showed up with those bruises one day, it seems you’ve been more cranky then usual.”
“It’s none of you business.” I could feel her staring at me with that fire. 
“Fine, you really wanna know? I hate being home. I hate being home because I hate my parents. And I hate my parents because they hate me.”
MOKA’S POV 
Uruha was telling the truth. I felt my head sink. I never imagined.
“Why are you crying?” I hear him say. Was I crying? I must have been.
“I don’t know.”
I run away from him. Without looking back. I ran all the way home. I didn’t know why the hell I was crying. Maybe I felt sorry for him. 
“Hey you ok?” I hear Shinji ask me.
“yeah I’m fine.” I say walking to my room.
I proceeded to go to bed. I just wanted to get him out of my head.
The next day Shinji and I walked to school as always. I got to school and expected Ruki to come up and hit on me as usual, but that wasn’t the case today. In fact quiet the bitter opposite I walk into my first hour class to see Ruki, or more is tongue, all over a girl I see hanging around him. I’m not sure why but it irritated me. I take my seat trying to ignore the show to my right. I doodle on my book to distract myself. 
When the teach walks in I see the girl run over to her seat and Ruki wipe his mouth before kicking back to stare out the window. The rest of the day was like that with him his hands on someone and it was always a different girl. Was he trying to make me jealous? If he was it was not working. Not one bit.
I went straight home. I was so mad at him. I didn’t care what his parents did to him he’s still an . Something was different though. Shinji wasn’t home. He was always home before me. That’s just how it went. When my father came home and Shinji still wasn’t here. 
“Hey, dad have you heard from Shinji?”
“No, why?”
“Because he still isn’t home.”
“That’s odd.” 
“I think I’ll go look for him.”
“ok.” 
Off I went. Just looking where ever I thought he would be witch isn’t much because he is usual at home most of the time. I saw some boys walking and I walked fast to see who it was. No one I wanted to see. Ruki, Uruha, Aoi, Reita, And Kai. 
“What are you doing here baby doll?” Ruki says. I glare at him.
“I don’t have time for people like you.” I say walking ahead of him. They better not follow me I don’t have time. 
Something was wrong up ahead there was a huge crowd. I squeeze my way throw to see doctors carrying out people on stretchers. I was about to turn around when a flash of honey brown hair. I look to see Shinji being carried away into the ambulance. My heart froze. 
“Shinji!” I yell as I run towards the ambulance.
RUKI’S POV
I heard her scream. Was her brother in that shooting? I look in that direction.
“Ruki, Everything ok?”
“Yeah.” I catch a glimpse of her running towards the ambulance.
“Hey that’s Moka!” I say taking off after her. 
“Ruki wait up!” the others say. This wasn’t good. I’m getting a bad feeling…
End of Chapter: 7 
Next Chapter: Remembering Smiles…