[Final] Farewell

[Hollow] A Ruki Story

Hollow Chapter: 25 [Final] Farewell... 

RUKI POV 
after Moka was checked out ok and answered some questions, she came over to me and embraced her.  

"I was sure he was going to kill you..." I say. 

"Me too..." 

"Something still bothers me..." 

"What?" 

"If the blood on the window isn’t yours then... 
"you see, when he went to shoot me, I knocked the gun away from me and where I knocked it to was his head..." 

"Well, I'm just glad your safe." 

I let go of her and say, 

"Should we get you home?" 

"Actually, no..." 
"Why?" 

"Because I know your just going to leave." 
"What do you mean?" 

"Why don't you follow me?" 
"Ok?" 
and with that I take her hand and let her guide me to wherever she was taking me. 

MOKA POV 
I took him to the only place I felt comfortable talking about such things. back to that gazebo. when we got there I sat down and he sat beside me. 

"Look, I love that you want to go off and make your dream come true and I totally support you 100%, but let's face it when you leave, you'll forget about me and what we had..." I say sinking my head down. 

"Moka, is that what this is about?" 

"It's true." 
"see, I didn't tell you that I was leaving because... I was a coward and didn't want to hurt you... but I just made it worse." 

"Takanori, I understand that you didn't want to say anything, but I'm here for you and I'll be there for you thought whatever you decide to do." 

his hair hid his face and his expression, I saw his tears roll down what you could see of his face.  

I pull him close to me and say, 

"There's no reason to cry ok?" 
he griped my shirt and says though tears, 

"Moka, it's ok to say you don't want me to leave. it's ok to say what you really want ok? I love you more then anything and I wish that It could be different..." 

while it's true I wanted him to stay with me, but I don't want to be the one holding him back from his dream to go on to greater things. 

"Takanori I love you... so much ok? nothing's ever going to change that." 

"Moka, I'm so lucky to have someone like you..." 
"When are you leaving?" 
"Tonight..." 
"Oh I see." 
he stands and wipes the remained of his tears away and holds out his hand. 

"I'll walk you home if that's ok?" he says putting on a smile. I smile as well and take his hand. the walk was mostly silence. the sun seemed to be my hour glass. as it goes down so does my life with Taka-kun. 

when we reach my house, we stand outside the door and he pulls me in for one last hug. he releases me and I say, 

"Taka, promise me one thing." 
"What would that be?" 

"Promise me, no matter how famous you become... no matter what you go though in life... no matter though the hardships ahead... you wont... forget me." 

"Moka..." he says smiling. he puts his hands on my hips and holds me close. 

"No matter what I do... no matter what I face... no matter who I meet... I promise that I will never forget you." 

"Thanks Taka...." 

"But Moka." I look up into his big blue eyes. 

"Don't forget, That nothing will ever end, deep inside a dream..." he says smiling. I didn't know why but, It was my turn to cry now... I buried my face in his chest. I felt his hand over my head. 

"Taka, I'll miss you so much..." I felt like I was never going to see him again. and maybe it's because it's true. because this hurts worse then getting grazed by a bullet and suffering though that man's sadistic games, more then the hate I had for him long ago, more then anything.  

"Moka-chan..." 

I saw the car pull up behind him out of the corner of my eye and see Aoi honking the horn. he pulls away and says,  

"Moka, this isn't the end." and lets go of my hand to walk the other way. 

"Taka!" I say grabbing his hand.  

"Remember-" 

"Moka I have to go..." he pulls away and gets in the car. I sit there watching him. I see the car drive off. never once did he look at me. maybe it was too painful, but still..." 

"Remember that I love you..." I say to myself... 

"Always remember..."
It's funny... how the hollowest of people can fill you with such solid emotions...