Differences

[Hollow] A Ruki Story

Hollow Chapter: 11 Differences…
For the most part I guess things went back to normal, I mean Ruki was house hoping (excluding mine) but mostly normal. I went to school in jeans and a blue and white quarter length shirt and my long black hair but in a bun today. Shinji and I walked to school and once again Uruha’s car roared by with their usual posse of girl in it. Ruki was there too and looked to be having some “fun.”
“Isn’t that your boyfriend?” Shinji asks.
“He’s not my boyfriend.”
“D-i-n-i-a-l”
“What do you know?”
“Fine fine…”
When we got to school I was almost late for my first hour class but got in just in the nick of time. I really can’t figure Ruki out and it’s driving me up a wall. I came in today and he was kissing yet another girl. He’s more confusing than a Rubik’s cube.
I was heading to 7th period when I was cornered by Reita in the hallway.
“Hey Moka?”
“Yes?”
“Ruki wants you to come over to my place tonight.”
“Why doesn’t he grow a pair and ask me himself?”
“because he’s busy breaking up with a girl.”
“I just saw him with a girl, and it’s didn’t look like he was going to break up with her.”
“Haven’t you heard of letting them down easily?”
“I guess.”
“Oh well.” He writes something down then hands it to me.
“Come here at 5:00 and don’t be late.”
“Ok?” and he walks away.
I didn’t really want to go, but I guess I had no choice. I headed there at the time I was told. I was about to go inside when I look up to see snow falling. It was so pretty. I forgot what I was doing and headed inside.
“Hey, Moka come in.” Reita says. It was weird. He wasn’t all dressed up in his usual bad approach, it was more, rebel. A t-shirt, holey jeans, and his nose band.
“Come this way.” he says motioning me to follow him.
I follow him into what appears to be his room. I heard another girl somewhere and I suspected girl friends, but I forgot that Reita had a sister who was a senior. I walked into a room that was your typical high school boys room. With picture of spots cars, videogames, and of course girls. I had never seen so many pictures of women in my life.
Then I spot Ruki and Aoi sitting on the floor.
“Moka!” Aoi says.
“Hey…” I say. Ruki pulls me down so that I’m sitting on his lap.
“Hey babe, how you doing tonight?”
“d-don’t call me babe. How many times have I said that.” I say without eye contact. He just smiles that smirk of his and says,
“Let’s go out for awhile.” He pushes me up and himself then grabs my wrist and drags me outside.
“R-ruki!”
“What?” he lets go of me and pulls out and lights and cigarette. At first I was kinda skeptical but not surprised. He blew out the deep grey smoke and takes in a deep breath. His black and red hair hangs in his face, but you can still deep Brown eyes. Wait… his eyes are brown he must not be wearing his contacts. He looks up at the sky and then slowly brings sit back down to the ground. That’s when I notice that he’s looking at the falling snow.
“Come on.” He says. And we begin to walk. He takes another deep drag and releases the smoke. We just walked. We didn’t talk or anything. We just walked along until he broke the silence.
“Moka?”
“Yeah?”
“You never seemed like the wild type.”
“ok?”
“He throws his cigarette on the ground and out of no wear pins up agents the wall.
“Ruki-”
“My little devil. Why are you so scared? Are you afraid of me? Do you really hate me? Do love me?” he cuddly whispers to me.
I didn’t know what to why was he doing this? He put his hand on my hip and his face got really close mine. I did the only think any girl would have done in that situation would have done. Kicked him where it hurts.
“What the ?!?” he says as he falls to the ground.
And with that I quickly walked home. He scared the crap out of me. Why all of a sudden would he do that? I’m not sure. I got home.
“Hey sis have fun on your date?” Shinji says.
“It was not a date!” I say walking into my room. I replay the whole night in my head and find myself laughing at the last part.
The next day school I walk into first hour class and see Ruki staring off into the sky again. When he notices me, we awkwardly crosses his legs.
“I’m not going to kick you again.” I say.  
“That hurt like a son of a .” He says. I can’t help, but smile a little bit.
“It’s not ing funny!”
“I know.” I say. The bell rings and class begins. The day was mostly boring until the last class of the day.
“Oh and class tomorrow we will be getting a new student! So I want everyone on their best behavior.”
A new student interesting. I walked home though the deep snow and after awhile got into the nice warm sanctuary of my house. Interesting only 23 days till Christmas. I thought to myself. Lovely…
End of Chapter…
Next Chapter: Questions…