Burning Heart

[Hollow] A Ruki Story

Hollow Chapter: 16 Burning Heart!
Wow talk about a wonderful Christmas break. I’ll admit adjusting to things hasn’t been the easiest thing in the world. Break was over and it was the first day back to school. I was kinda curious if we would make our relationship known to the school or if it would just be a secret.
When I got to school I saw the guys talking by their lockers. I saw Lish there too.
“WE TOLD YOU SO!” all of them say.
“Fine fine whatever.” I respond.
I saw a girl next to Reita that I have never seen before. And they must have noticed I was staring because she says.
“I’m Akuma Suzushima.”
“I’m Moka Kanaboshi. Are you new around here?”
“Yeah…”
Then I see Reita put his arm around her. It’s makes sense now. Ruki comes up behind me and put his arms around my waist and kisses my neck. You might as well have me walk around with a big neon sign saying “I’m going out with Ruki the bad .”
Ruki was wearing a pink and black shirt today. Along with black pants and sneakers.
“Are you planning on growing your hair out or something?” I ask him.
“Maybe. I’m thinking about dreadlocks.”
“Hmm, I can see it…”
“Are they lesbians are something?” Akuma says.
I feel both our hearts stop. I wanted to pass out.
“Hehe no…”
“Oh sorry.” She says sarcastically. I see Reita and the other guys about to laugh there asses off. I look back at Ruki and he’s white as a sheet.
“Uhh Ru why don’t you come with me.” I drag him off to my locker. Man Reita you know how to pick them.
“Do I really look like a girl Moka?!?” he says freaking out a little.
“Of course not! I don’t know why she said that.
He sighs.
“Just forget about her, were here alone now.” he says with his signature smirk pushing me up agents the lockers. Just then the bell rings.
“ing school…” he snarls.
“We have first period together.” I say trying to cheer him up.
“I know. Maybe we should just skip today? We could go out and have some fun.”
“As much as I would love too I have two tests today.”
“Teachers pet.” He says. I just smile.
“let’s go before were late.” I kiss him on the cheek and we walk to class.
So between next period and this one I ran into Reita and Akuma in hall.
“Moka!”  Reita says.
“Yes?”
“We have a question for you.”
“If it has to do with Ruki then no.”
“No not him, we were wondering if you and Ruki wanted to walk with us after school?”
“Well I don’t know…”
“PLEASE!!!!”
“Fine fine! But if you piss Ruki off I’m not going to be happy with you.”
“We won’t!” they both say. And with that I headed off two second period. Kai and I made Dango and it was amazing! The rest of the day was boring as usual.
“Ruki were going to walk with Akuma and Reita after school ok?” I said as 8th period ended.
“Why? I’ve had quiet enough of that name calling for one day.”
“Oh come on, once we leave we can head over to my place.” I say tracing circles on his chest.
“ok.” He says with a huge smirk.
“Not gonna happen.”
“Damn.”
So, we met Reita and Akuma outside the school and headed off to god knows where. I don’t even know why they wanted us to walk with them. First it started as Ruki having his arm around me and Reita’s around Akuma. Then it became Reita and Ruki talking and Akuma and me lagging behind.
“So, your Reita’s girl friend?” I say trying to make conversation.
“Yes.” She says with a smile.
“Sweet.” I must have lost her because she pulled out a butterfly knife and started fiddling with it.
We sat down on a bench and Ruki and Reita were still talking like gossiping girls. Akuma walked up to sit down and looked like she hit her foot on the bench because all I heard was “Son of a ing !”
“You ok, baby?” Reita says coming up to her?
“Yeah I just hit my ing foot on the bench.”
“ the bench you can sit on my lap y.” Me and Ruki stare from them to each other and say at the same time, “There perfect for each other…”
So after that little episode, we went our separate ways, meaning Ruki and me went to my house.
“SHINJI!!!”
WHAT WHAT WHAT! What could you possible want!” I hear him say.
“Ok you are home.”
“I’ll have you know I was very busy!”
“With what?”
“Killing zombies!” yea my brother is a gamer. Ruki followed me to my room and we sat on my bed.
“I’m starting to worry about Reita now.”
“Why?”
“Because.”
“Whatever.”
“Moka?”
“Yes?”
“I have something to tell you.”
“What?”
“Well, it’s not easy…”
“What?”
“I almost can’t take it when I’m alone…”
“???”
“It’s so lonely just me…”
“Ruki… do you need professional help?” I say grabbing his hands.
“hmm?”
“Do you do things to yourself when your alone? OH MY GOD! I’m touching your hands!” I say pulling them back.
“NO! no that’s not it at all!”
“phew…”
“I meant I hate it when I’m not with you. I wanna be with you all the time. I’m almost 18 you know. I’m seriously considering dropping out of school.”
“Ruki?”
“But if I do that… then… your smart you’ll probably go off to college and amount to greater thing then I will.”
“Ruki, I still don’t know what I wanna do yet… I mean…”
“See were bound to split up when I graduate or whatever I decide to do.”
“That’s not true…” I put my arms around him and lean my head on his shoulder.
“Were gonna make it work ok?”
“Ok…”
“What do you wanna do any way?”
“I’ve been thinking about music a lot lately.”
“Like a band?”
“Yeah, with the guys.”
“Then I say go for it!”
“But then we’ll really split up…”
“You don’t know that.”
“Yeah.”
“No you don’t, just let things play out and you’ll see.”
“ok, I’ll trust you.” he says kissing my forehead.”
The next day I got up and headed to school and usual and everything. When I got there I saw Reita and Akuma standing around there lockers again.
“Ruki!” I say calling him over.
“What?”
 “It’s pay back time.”
“What do you mean?”
“Watch.”
 “Reita! That shirt makes you look like a chick.” A lot of people around us including me and Ruki burst out laughing and Reita just hangs his head in shame and Akuma tries to cheek him up.
“Payback is a .” I say.
“See this is why I love you.” Ruki says kissing me.
“I know.” I say flashing him a big childish smile.
End of Chapter…
Next Chapter: 17 1 AM