Chapter 21

Music From the Heart

 

“Aigoo, Oolee eebbeon Kibummie watgoonah! (Aigoo, Our pretty little Kibummie’s here!)” shouted a voice as Key and Yerin came out of the sliding doors in the airport.

 

The woman who shouted that came running towards the two and hugged Key very tightly.  Yerin thought he was gonna break.

 

“Aish!  Umma!  Not here!  Everybody’s staring!” came Key’s muffled cry.

 

‘Eh?  I thought Key’s name was Key... oh yeah, that’s just his stage name.  So his real name must be Kibum...’ thought Yerin.

 

“Omo!  Is this pretty girl Yerin?” asked the woman happily as she finally released her son.

 

“Uh, yeah.” answered Kibum blushing slightly.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo, Kang Yerin-iehyo.(Hi, I am Kang Yerin.)” bowed Yerin.

 

“You are a pretty one!  I’m Kibum’s umma.  You can call me Aunty.” said she.

 

“Ah, neh. (Ah, yes/okay.)” Yerin smiled.

 

“My little Kibummie found such a pretty girlfriend~!  I’m so proud of you son!” Aunty Kim laughed.

 

“U-umma!” Key’s face was totally red now.

 

Yerin giggled to herself and just followed Key’s mom as she led her towards the luggage area to find her bags.

 

After getting out from the airport, Yerin rode with Key and his mom to the Kim’s residence. 

 

The car pulled into a cozy-looking apartment and Key helped carry Yerin’s stuff up to the third floor.

 

“Appa!  I’m back!” shouted Key as he swung the door open to the apartment.

 

“My son!  How I’ve missed you!” came a very deep voice and a man around his fourties came out to hug Key.

 

“Where’s hyung?”

 

“Oh, he’ll be here.  He just went grocery shopping for your mom.  So, this is Yerin?”

 

“Ah, yeah,” Key turned to Yerin, “Yerin, this is my dad.”

 

“Annyeonghaseyo.  It’s nice to meet you.” bowed Yerin politely.

 

“It’s nice to meet you, too.” smiled Key’s dad, “Just call me Uncle.  That’d be good.”

 

Suddenly, the door to the apartment opened again to reveal a very handsome young man who looked about eighteen or nineteen.

 

“I’m back, umma, appa!  Did Kibum come back yet?!” shouted he.

 

“Hyung!” cried Key and gave a manly hug to the guy.

 

The two began to chat excitedly when the guy noticed Yerin.  He walked up to her and smiled a charming smile, “Hey, pretty girl.  You must be Yerin.”

 

“Uh, yes.” Yerin blushed.

 

“I’m Kisung, Kibum’s older brother.  Pleasure to meet you.” continued the guy, coming closer and closer towards Yerin’s face.

 

“Hyung!  What are you doing?!” Key shouted.

 

“Ah, just introducing myself.” smirked Kisung.

 

Key sighed and grabbed Yerin’s wrist, dragging her away from the living room.

 

“Come on, I’ll show you to your room.  And don’t mind my brother, he’s always like that.”

 

Yerin was still in shock mode after seeing Kisung coming closer to her, “Uh, I see what you mean when you said you’ll protect me from your older brother...”

 

Key chuckled lightly, “Yeah.  Don’t worry about him.  Here we are.”

 

The two entered a neat and cozy-looking room.  There were all necessary things in here.

 

“This is the guest room so yeah... um, if you need anything, just ask, kay?  I’ll go get your luggage.” said Key scratching his head shyly then quickly disappeared.

 

‘Wow... this room’s nice.’ thought Yerin happily and began to look around.

 

Key came back with all of Yerin’s stuff, “Here’s your things.”

 

“Thanks.” smiled Yerin and took them from Key.

 

“I, uh, guess I’ll see you later.” grinned Key and closed the door, leaving.

 

Yerin sighed and began to unpack her things, making sure everything was in the right place.  She looked at the pink jean skirt and giggled to herself.

 

‘I wonder what all the other girls are doing right now...’

 

After unpacking everything, she decided to take a refreshing shower then tiredly, she lay down on the bed.  In a few minutes, she was in deep sleep.

 

*~*~*~*~*

 

“Kibum-ah!  Tell Yerin to come and eat dinner!” commanded Mrs. Kim from the kitchen.

 

Key sighed and reluctantly got up from the sofa, turning off the tv.  He walked to the guest room and knocked on the door.  There was no answer.

 

“Uh, Yerin?” called he.

 

Still no answer.

 

Key slowly opened the door and spotted Yerin sleeping soundly on the bed.  He chuckled and came into the room, closing the door quietly.

 

‘She looks so pretty and cute at the same time...’ thought he as he sat himself down carefully on the edge of the bed.

 

Staring at her face, he didn’t have the urge to wake her up in her peaceful sleep.

 

His hand moved by itself as it gently caressed Yerin’s long black hair, then her flawless cheeks.  His eyes fell on her lips.

 

‘It looks so kissable...’ thought he.

 

Without realizing it, he leaned in more and more until their faces were only a few centimeters apart when Yerin woke up.

 

“AHHH!!!! Mmmmm!!!!” screamed Yerin, so surprised but her screams got muffled by Key’s hand.

 

“Stop screaming!” whispered Key into her ear.

 

Yerin finally got over her shock, well not completely, and stopped screaming.

 

Key released his hand as Yerin glared at him.

 

“What were you trying to do?!” hissed she angrily.

 

“I wasn’t trying to do anything, okay?!  I just came here to tell you that dinner’s ready.” stated Key, agitated and quickly walked out of the room.

 

‘Am I falling for that crazy girl?!... Aish!  I’m crazy!’ thought Key as he shook his head violently.

 

‘What was that?!  Was he trying to kiss me?!  That ert!’ thought Yerin as she tried to breath in and out evenly, ‘Calm down, Jang Yerin... Calm down.... but why do I feel like I actually wanted that kiss?!  Ahh!! I’ve completely lost my mind!!’

 

After a few more minutes of composing herself, Yerin confidently walked out of the room and headed towards the dining table.