Chapter 14

Music From the Heart

 

Minhae and Yejin poked Yena on the sides, yelling, “Yena-yah!  It’s time to go~!” into her ear.

 

“Yah!  I’m awake now!  Sheesh, no need to yell.” grumbled Yena as she stood up from her desk.

 

Minhae giggled, “Yena, you do know that Taemin was watching you the whole time you were sleeping and snoring.”

 

“What?!  I was snoring?!”

 

“Shyeah!  And in front of Taemin, too!” joined in Yejin.

 

“No~!” shouted Yena.

 

“Why~?  You like him or something?  Don’t wanna show your bad side, huh.” Minhae wiggled her eyebrows.

 

Yena glared at her, “None of your business.”

 

“What?!  But I’m your best friend~!  Apart from Yejin, of course.” pouted Minhae.

 

“I mean you are still my best friend-”

 

“Then tell me!”

 

“What is there to tell?” shrugged Yena.

 

Minhae sighed as Yejin and Dana just rolled their eyes.

 

“Let’s just go.” stated Dana.

 

The others agreed and stood up to leave.

 

*~*~*~*~*

 

Lunchtime had ended and Yerin, Hyunju, Molly, Angel, Onew, Key, and Minho were walking down the hall to go to their classroom when they heard a shout from across the hall.

 

“Yerin-ah~!” a guy shouted, waving his arms like crazy.

 

“O-Oppa?!  Oh~ crap!  Let’s just go guys.” muttered Yerin and dragged the others faster down the hall, away from the guy.

 

“Yerin-ah!  Yah!  Wait up!”  The guy yelled again then noticed a lot of female students staring at him.  He winked and nodded his head with a little ‘hey’ before walk-running after Yerin.

 

“Yerin-ah, who’s that?” asked Angel in confusion.

 

“Eh, nobody important. heh heh ^^;;” chuckled Yerin nervously.

 

They finally entered their classroom and sat down when the guy came into the room, too.

 

Yerin groaned.

 

“Oppa!  What are you doing here?!” asked Yerin frustrated, “I thought I told you not to come!”

 

“Yerin!  We have things to discuss, NOW.” said the guy sternly.

 

Suddenly, Molly gasped, “Oh my gosh!  Aren’t you Jang Geun Suk?!”

 

“Uh, yeah.” grinned the guy, “Hey.”

 

Key glared at him from the side.

 

“Yerin-ah!  This is very very important!  Now be a good girl and just listen.” said Geun Suk.

 

Geun Suk walked over and grabbed Yerin’s wrist.  He was going to drag her out but she struggled in his grip, “Oppa!  Let go of me!”

 

Key couldn’t take it anymore.  He walked right over and grabbed Geun Suk’s arm.

 

“Leave her alone.” said he darkly.

 

Geun Suk smirked, “Wow, you have a very protective ‘friend’ over here, don’t you Yerin?”

 

Key glared him down, “So what if she does?  Let her go.  She doesn’t want to follow you.”

 

Yerin was surprised at what Key was doing.  Hyunju, who was beside her, kept giggling to herself.

 

“U-um, Key?  It’s okay.  I’ll just listen to Geun Suk oppa.” said Yerin.

 

“Why?!  Is he your boyfriend?!” asked Key angrily.

 

Geun Suk started laughing really loudly as Hyunju followed soon after.

 

Everyone was confused, “What’s going on?”

 

Yerin softly took her other arm that wasn’t gripped by Geun Suk and gently touched Key’s shoulder, “It’s okay, Key.  Geun Suk oppa is my chin oppa (real older brother).”

 

Key was stunned, “W-what?!”

 

Geun Suk smirked at him and said, “You actually thought I was her boyfriend or something?”

 

Hyunju started cracking up again.

 

Angel turned to her, “Did you already know that Jang Geun Suk was her brother?”

 

“D-duh!  Oh, oh gosh, I-I can’t b-breath, ha ha ha!” laughed Hyunju.

 

Yerin had already told Hyunju when she was telling her about the phone call earlier.

 

Key blushed and bowed to Jang Geun Suk, “Jwesonghabmnida (Sorry).”

 

Geun Suk smiled, “No, no, it’s okay.  I think it’s great my little sister has a very good friend who can protect her well.”

 

Now he turned towards his little troublesome sister, “Now you missy, will be following me.  NOW.”

 

Yerin reluctantly got up and followed him out the doors.

 

Minho patted Key’s back assuringly, “Wow, I didn’t know you were that protective over Yerinnie.”

 

“Yah!  Don’t call her Yerinnie!” shouted Key angrily.

 

Onew grinned, “I think someone likes someone~!”

 

“Aw!  Just like us?” giggled Angel.

 

“Yup, just like us.” replied Onew smiling down at her and pulled her into his arms with another kiss.

 

“Ugh, get a room!” said Hyunju and rolled her eyes.

Molly laughed.

_______________________

 

11. 01. 21